Foxconn BloodRage: The Best X58 Enthusiast Motherboard Out- Forget EVGA, Gigabyte etc

DWade

Limp Gawd
Been scoping out this board for a while. Looks pretty dang sick. I mean the color scheme
is pretty tight, along with the custom NB with the moled 1/2 inch barbs on the NB top.
I don't think there is going to be a better x58 board than this one, especially if your
going to go with a watercooling setup. Now if only they could get these things in stock
already. :eek:. So anyways been gathering some data on this thing thus far, and found
some reviews, videos, etc.

Reviews:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16666&page=12

Good Thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3520127#post3520127

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXCYSNp_2RY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZinXoJm8M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUb2ALjN3Ic&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlODJol7xbc&feature=related

The color scheme is awful. It's one of the most boring and bland looking X58 offerings at the moment...IMO.

Based on the information currently available, I think we will see the DFI board produce better overall results than the Bloodrage over time.

It can't do tri-sli though, which is more important than all of the other crazy features.

I think, after reading what I've been reading, the EX58-UD5 is for me. It's got all the slots I want, where I want them, and a CMOS clear on the back panel. I think, for me, this one is the winner. I'll just be damn sure I don't get a case with a window. :D

I think, after reading what I've been reading, the EX58-UD5 is for me. It's got all the slots I want, where I want them, and a CMOS clear on the back panel. I think, for me, this one is the winner. I'll just be damn sure I don't get a case with a window. :D

Yea, that's what I've been leaning towards too if I were going to buy right now, but going to hold off till mid year, probably when win7 comes out.

if said it a million times, its a awesome board and i love the color scheme.

As for my board of choice if i ever upgrade to i7, this or gigabytes board are gonna be my pick.

The gigabyte or asus board would be my pick, this looks like a nice board but I don't like only having three ram slots.

If it wasn't for the fact that I recently decided to postpone my i7 build to late this year, I'd be getting this board. Looks very nice. Very few people are going to put in the money for TRI SLI, and I am not one of them so that doesn't bother me. (Besides, I remember Saaya saying it IS possible to do TRI SLI but just that you would have to do it via water cooling by stripping the outer cases of the cards.) The only main drawback is the lack of RAM Slots, but I seriously doubt I'd need more than 6GB of RAM (the board of course supports more than 6GB of RAM but I'd be buying 3x2GB sticks). By the way, those YouTube videos DWade originally linked to have been pulled from the user apparently...:confused:

most of you havent noticed the only 3 ram slots.

And that's not a disadvantage for who this board is being marketed to. If you look back at nforce6/7, or even x38/x48 you wouldn't get as good of a memory OC if you populated all the DIMM slots. If you were going for a high OC, you only filled two of them.

So there is no point in having the full six here. And the saved space allowed them to pull some other tricks that do help with memory OC's.

If you want a board with 6 slots foxconn does sell another highend board that's not marketed to the overclocking segment.

The three slots falls into one of three groups. Either you were going for a stupid high OC in which case you don't need them and this is a bonus when combined with other factors, you weren't going to use them in which case it doesn't matter, or this board was never made for you.

so all these other boards arent marketed to overclockers since they all have 6 slots?

what are those "factors" and what are those "other tricks"?

I bought a Foxconn for my brother back when Athlon 3200+ was the shit. It was a barebones type deal. The mobo fan is broken on it now, four or five years old, but the mobo still works (AND IT STILL USES A CM AQUAGATE TO COOL THE CPU WHAT THE FUCK). One of the best mobo makers ever. They make all of Dell's stuff.

Anyhow, the Bloodrage is exactly what I'm looking for. Now I just have to save my cash.

so all these other boards arent marketed to overclockers since they all have 6 slots?
No, not really. But 3 slots isn't a real big deal anyhow, since the max this mobo will handle is 18 or 24gb. Now manufacturers just have to start making 4gb sticks and you can have 12gb, no problem.

I've had the hardware for almost 10 days now, but didn't have the time to play with it until this weekend.

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Will post results and let you know how things go!

CPU is a Core i7 920, memory is g.skill DDR3 1600 (2x3gb kit). Crossing my fingers there's no compatibility issues...

thats hot.
post up pics when put together and some results.

and some thoughts on the sound card, i told myself i would never buy another creative product, but if that comes with the board and it sounds good with good driver support, i'll skip on alternate mobo+asus sc

i guess everyone has a preference mine was the evga. my memory is coming monday. the bloodrage didnot spec out any better than the intel x58. i chose evga cause their service is level higher then any other manufacturer. evga is made for oc'ing. it comes with eleet to oc in window

The first bloodrage I ordered was damaged. The S/PDIF connector was snapped off.

The second I received would not post with my eVGA 280. It would post with any other number of cards. The bios is choppy at best. There is no support. The board had some peculiar choices in positioning of certain things like fan pins, and even the back plate was not visible from the cutout hole of my CM 932 HAF case.

The 775 holes were not much help, because the expanded size of the CPU housing would not let them get down low enough to use the bolt through on my thermalright 120 extreme.

The board is being RMA'd tomorrow. I had VERY high hopes, and with some bios revisions those hopes might be realized.

On the other hand, I put my evga x58 board in (just bought it), and it runs like a champ. Immediatedly OC'd the ram to 1600, processor up to 3.2 w/o issue.

The 280gtx that did NOT work at all, no matter where I put it, or what connectors I used in the Bloodrage works perfect with the eVGA.

I tried to contact Foxconn about some problems, was like pulling teeth. Called eVGA, they walked me through things I did not even know existed. pretty amazing.

Why only 3x DIMMS for RAM? Seems a bit low for an "enthusiast" board. Also, is it just me...or does anybody else really not like how it looks. And if Galerius' experience is anything to go by, seems like their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Back