Foxconn bites the dust....

Firelord

Limp Gawd
My lovely foxconn died this evening for no apparent reason :( was rebooting after windows updates and it black screened so power cycled and nothing. Opened the case and no power led on the board. Stripped down and other PSU had lying around and nothing :( was such a great board... new board ordered (not that I can really afford it but must have my machine up and running at all times due to tech support for companies I administer) and will see about RMA for old one. Tis a shame cos best board i've had imo

That sucks dude... I hate it when components die for no apparent reason. How long ago did you buy it? If it was recently, I am sure you will get an RMA

he stripped it down, it could really only be the mb sence he used a seprate psu

Well new one should be here today, will have to collect from city link as no one in to sign for it :rolleyes:

Should be back up and rocking tonight! :D

Hope this one clocks as well!

was that the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS ? I am wondering, because i am temped to get one, i currently have an asus A8N-VM CSM, which is performing great, but now i find that i might need another pci slot, and this asus only has 2, and one is being covered up by my video card, so that leaves one, which is in use. :( so i am looking for something which has 3 pci. and i dont want to get one that has a history of problems

New board is in - got a 6150K8MA-KRS (one without firewire) and I reckon a later revision, Shipped with a 061905 bios so needs updating but booted first time @ 9*300 166MHz divider. Gonna update with my special Foxconn bios (;)) and see if can get to my 2.9GHz on the 9 multi

Firelord said:
My lovely foxconn died this evening for no apparent reason :( was rebooting after windows updates and it black screened so power cycled and nothing. Opened the case and no power led on the board. Stripped down and other PSU had lying around and nothing :( was such a great board... new board ordered (not that I can really afford it but must have my machine up and running at all times due to tech support for companies I administer) and will see about RMA for old one. Tis a shame cos best board i've had imo
To be honest foxconn uses 2nd tier components in the AMD based boards VRM and they use shit labor to produce their gear, ie iPods look it up...

Good luck with the RMA!

can you post where to get bios? i just got my 6150K8MA-8EKRS and it wont boot over 230htt. The 144 and ram were running 300htt with my biostar. What settings do i need to tweak also.

thanks.

I'm using stock shipping BIOS at the moment and shes doing 300HTT. Last one did 290 at a push but was suffering cold boot issues. The BIOS I have from Foxconn (not yet flashed too) was specially made for me cos I asked for some added features, no sharies i'm afraid

Firelord said:
I'm using stock shipping BIOS at the moment and shes doing 300HTT. Last one did 290 at a push but was suffering cold boot issues. The BIOS I have from Foxconn (not yet flashed too) was specially made for me cos I asked for some added features, no sharies i'm afraid

How'd you get them to do a custom BIOS? When I e-mailed then about adding chipset voltages they just gave me canned responses.

Since Newegg basically screwed me on the 6150K8MA, I think I'm going to hold off until I find someone who carries the 6150K8MD which has support for chipset voltages.

I just asked for some timings to be added and they did. I have asked about chipset voltages but no reponse yet other than they'd look into it

got mine in and i think its doa since ups spent 3 days kicking it. I just got my g.skill back from rma too and i think one stick is dead now. Im having the worst luck with g.skill and matx right now for some reason.

Firelord said:
I just asked for some timings to be added and they did. I have asked about chipset voltages but no reponse yet other than they'd look into it

Total fucking BS until proven otherwise.

I'm not calling names on anyone but by the sound of it, I have a hard time believing that. I mean, I e-mailed NVidia and asked them to tighten the timmings for my 7900GTX ROM, and they did! You can really see the difference in benchmarks and stuff! I can't share it though... :rolleyes:

I'll get a screenshot of what they added.....

Dear Nathan Quick:

Please update to the attached BIOS below.....

Thank you and Best Regards,
Rick Heang / Technical Support

04/27/2006 03:54 PM

To: [email protected], [email protected]
cc:
Subject: FoxconnChannel.com Website Inquiry : Tech Support

The following is an email from FoxconnChannel.com contacting Tech Support.

FIRST NAME
Nathan

LAST NAME
Quick

EMAIL

PHONE

----------------------------

DATE
Thursday, April 27, 2006

TIME
15:54:39

PRODUCT PART NUMBER
6150K8MA-8EKRS

OPERATING SYSTEM
XP Pro with SP2

PROCESSOR / CPU
AMD Opteron 146 2.0GHz

BIOS VERSION
01/19/2006

PURCHASE DATE
February 2, 2006

PURCHASE MADE THROUGH
Friend

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the drive strengh and refresh rate (Tref) added into the next bios release please?

When is the next bios update due?

Regards

Nathan

Is that ok?

Unless that 'special' BIOS you've got is going to be released for everyone to use then why would Foxconn issue a BIOS with extra timmings or whatever to a customer, that hasn't been probably thoroughly tested and would kill your motherboard at a slight mistake?

Becuase I asked for the features that already exist in the BIOS that aren't gonna kill the BIOS. They just have to set the flags to show. I don't know why you're trying to make me look a liar when clearly I am demonstrating that they have added some features to the BIOS for me? What is your problem?

Back