Foxconn Atom D525 Barebone System $74.99 shipped @ Newegg

PanzerBoxb

2[H]4U
Newegg has the Foxconn SFF R40-D4 Atom barebone system for $74.99 with free shipping. The unit itself is on sale for $89.99 and they have a coupon (EMCJKHJ69) that stacks to bring it down the final price. Seems like a smoking deal for anyone that needs a basic small form factor system. Based on the reviews it appears this unit does not support a full height optical drive so either a slimline or external drive may be required.

Damn... just bought parts for an E350 rig for my 5 year old.

Does GMA3150 accelerate flash?

Alright then I don't feel like an idiot. Well at least not because of this. ;)

Looks like this has a PCI slot. Can I drop in a [56][456]xx radeon and have accelerated flash/dvd/blu-ray playback?

I cannot find any manuals on the Foxconn site to verify but if the card is PCI half height it may well work.

Yes. You will need memory, a hard drive, and either an optical drive or USB thumbdrive to install from.

By the time you add all of the parts, you could have bought a cheap netbook for the same price.

The same coupon works on their H67 barebone which is what I'm eyeballing for a hair under $120 shipped after the coupon :) Combine with Celeron G530, Geil Eco 4gb kit of DDR3 1333 1.35v C9 memory, 7.2k rpm 320gb Samsung spinpoint 2.5" HDD and DVD +/- RW for $289 shipped and voila! Kickass HTPC with ability to add low profile Pci-E to turn it into an HTPC/Budget gamer FTW!

Back