foxconn 965p-7AA-8ks2a overclocking?

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
1,253
hey i just saw a review where the foxconn. msi and asus dleux 965p's
were reviewed overclocked --the asus did 443fsb stock v-core with a 6300.

the MSI did 400fsb with the multi turned down to 6 ? default v-core .

the the foxconn did 434fsb default v-core. with the same 6300.

so the foxconn might be a decent overclocking mb afterall. with a little tinkering it might do a bit more so it isn't limited and the straps let it go over 400fsb--anybody try 450 yet ?--LOL :cool:
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
JSF35rhino said:
hey i just saw a review where the foxconn. msi and asus dleux 965p's
were reviewed overclocked --the asus did 443fsb stock v-core with a 6300.

the MSI did 400fsb with the multi turned down to 6 ? default v-core .

the the foxconn did 434fsb default v-core. with the same 6300.

so the foxconn might be a decent overclocking mb afterall. with a little tinkering it might do a bit more so it isn't limited and the straps let it go over 400fsb--anybody try 450 yet ?--LOL :cool:

Where did you find this review? I'm not shocked that the Foxconn is capable of reaching 400+ given the fact that it's a P965 chipset motherboard.
 

deeznuts

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
3,751
Anandtech has the review. Over at xs they have used the Foxconn, looks like a decent oc'er but two have caught fire or blown so the interest died off.
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
deeznuts said:
Anandtech has the review. Over at xs they have used the Foxconn, looks like a decent oc'er but two have caught fire or blown so the interest died off.

It was the 975X7AB that caught fire over at the XS forums if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, I don't ever recall Anandtech conducting a review on the Foxconn P9657AA motherboard.
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
JSF35rhino said:
hey i just saw a review where the foxconn. msi and asus dleux 965p's
were reviewed overclocked --the asus did 443fsb stock v-core with a 6300.

the MSI did 400fsb with the multi turned down to 6 ? default v-core .

the the foxconn did 434fsb default v-core. with the same 6300.

so the foxconn might be a decent overclocking mb afterall. with a little tinkering it might do a bit more so it isn't limited and the straps let it go over 400fsb--anybody try 450 yet ?--LOL :cool:

Buy the board and find out.
 

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
1,253
i may try the foxconn --but it will be a while before i get one . due to the s-3 overclocking so well. :cool:
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
JSF35rhino said:
i may try the foxconn --but it will be a while before i get one . due to the s-3 overclocking so well. :cool:

A $99 board that can hit 435 with an E6300 is hard to ignore.
 

deeznuts

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
3,751
The Doc said:
Tweaktown is known for poorly written articles; however all of the boards scaled very well overclocking wise which is great to know.
Tell me about it.

The board overclock good. IT go to 435. This board overclock no good. It only go to 400.

That's what it felt like lol.
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
deeznuts said:
Tell me about it.

The board overclock good. IT go to 435. This board overclock no good. It only go to 400.

That's what it felt like lol.

Yeah, that's just strange. 400FSB = No Good, but 435FSB = Awesome.
 

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
1,253
i think the deal was the asus and the foxconn were pulling the 6300 above 400fsb @ stock volts with the multi @ 7 ..

where the MSI was barely able to do 400fsb with the same cpu with a lower multi of 6x.

so i would think that 430fsb some odd X 7 > 400fsb x 6 so the 400fsb of the msi isn't as hot sort of speak--LOL :cool:
 

deeznuts

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
3,751
Well I wasn't really making fun of the results, but the way they wrote.

Tweaktown reviews, so easy even a caveman can write it.
 

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
1,231
Hows the quality fo this board compared to the gigabyte ds3. The reviews of the gigabyte boards indicate they use quality components and voltage regulator. Does the foxconn do similar ?
 

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
1,253
i haven't built any foxconn 965's yet so i can't say for sure . but foxconn has a good reputation in OEM markets . it is a higher end maker than ECS .certainly much higher than a pc-=chips--lol it's quality should be at least as good as the gigabytes i would think. :cool:
 

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
you2 said:
Hows the quality fo this board compared to the gigabyte ds3. The reviews of the gigabyte boards indicate they use quality components and voltage regulator. Does the foxconn do similar ?


Foxconn is mostly known as an OEM manufacture, but with their recent P9657AA and 975X7AB motherboards Foxconn is attempting to break into the enthusiast sector of the market.
 
Top