foxconn 965p-7AA-8ks2a and overclocking

JSF35rhino

[H]ard|Gawd
anybody working with this MB and a core 2 ? i've only seen a few reviews on it where it hit a 330fsb with a 10x core 2 6700.

anybody overclocked it with a 6300 core 2 ? :cool:

JSF35rhino said:
anybody working with this MB and a core 2 ? i've only seen a few reviews on it where it hit a 330fsb with a 10x core 2 6700.

anybody overclocked it with a 6300 core 2 ? :cool:

I've only read two reviews on it and the one author used a Pentium 4 520 for his overclocking tests! (Come on man get with the times). I've been waiting for Newegg to stock this board for months now, and I must say that I'm getting rather annoyed that it hasn't appeared yet. The Foxconn is a great value motherboard that offers far more overclocking options then other boards in the same price range. I'd like to get my hands on one and test it just for the hell of it.

I may get one from Ewiz so I can review it and post my results on these forums.

The Doc said:
I may get one from Ewiz so I can review it and post my results on these forums.

i would be interested in what it can do with a core 2 after a bios upgrade-- it looks to be a solid MB for $100 @ the wiz--

i was wanting the biostar t-force--but so far haven't seen any anywhere. :cool:

JSF35rhino said:
i would be interested in what it can do with a core 2 after a bios upgrade-- it looks to be a solid MB for $100 @ the wiz--

i was wanting the biostar t-force--but so far haven't seen any anywhere. :cool:

The main problem with the Foxconn is it currently offers no multiplier adjustment of any kind (Hopefully this will change with future BIOS revisions) I too am interested in the Biostar T-Force P965, but like you I have not seen it anywhere for sale.

i am so tempted to order one--

it looks to be a nice MB for the $$$. it might be worth a try --i'm sort of torn between the biostar T-force 965 , the gigabyte DS-3 and this foxconn--. but the price and features of the foxconn are right on the $$$ if it would OC a bit--.

JSF35rhino said:
i am so tempted to order one--

it looks to be a nice MB for the $$$. it might be worth a try --i'm sort of torn between the biostar T-force 965 , the gigabyte DS-3 and this foxconn--. but the price and features of the foxconn are right on the $$$ if it would OC a bit--.

The Foxconn P9657AA just appreaed on Newegg and it's selling for $99.

Anyone have any results on Overclocks for this board? all the reviews I have read say its an okay OC'er but... idk.

there is a review where the asus p5b delux , the msi 965p and the foxconn 965p-aa ,were overclocked with the same 6300. the asus did 440fsb some odd the MSI only did 400fsb after the cpu multi was dropped to x6. the tests were done with stock v-core.

the foxconn did a respectable 434 fsb i think with the core 2 6300.i think the foxconn might be a very good OCing platform with a little tweeking.

the review was over @ tweektown. there is another thread on the subject somewhere here a h-ocp :cool:

What's the build quality of the foxconn compared ot the gigabyte? One thing that reviews of hte gigabyte have noted is that they use very high quality components. Does the foxconn do similar ?

you2 said:
What's the build quality of the foxconn compared ot the gigabyte? One thing that reviews of hte gigabyte have noted is that they use very high quality components. Does the foxconn do similar ?

I have not read that the build quality is poor, but for $99 it probably does not have the greatest parts out there. Although not really an issue of build quality I know the board does not include RAID opions, so that might be a negative.

Raid option doesn't matter to me - i'll using unix software raid. Only thing that I care about is that the board will run reliably 24/7 for 4 or so years. It doesn't have to be perfect - this is a home system and a crash once in a while isn't a big deal ...

well over at "rebels haven" they just got a foxconn for overclocking . the latest bios it seems still bon't have an adjustable cpu mulit option--

if this is a big deal for you overclocking wise--stick with the giga's and asuses for a while. :cool:

Good thing I checked out this thread. I was gonna buy one for a cheap build, but want the multi adjustment.

It is still #1 on my list of i go intel (still considering 939/940). A couple of odd things - it uses a slightly different ethernet chip than the d3 - no idea how they differ. Likewise it uses a slightly different ide controller (I think the sd3 version has raid on the ide part). I'm really curious how the ethernet part differs but marvell is the worse company in existance when it comes to providing simple information.

Back