Foxconn 945P7AA-8KS2 + Core2Duo ?

evilmonkey

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a motherboard to replace the one in my NAS and this fits the bill, except the specs say nothing about C2D. I have a Celeron D 420 and it does say Celeron D but I'm questioning whether it will work with the Core architecture. The specs do say 1066/800, and I am not aware of any Pentium D/ Pentium HT/ Celeron D processors that have 1066fsb. So I'm looking for some input to whether I can use my Cel.D 420, or even an e2140.

Link to the board.

Since Foxconn would have to release a BIOS that supports the Core2's, and the website doesnt mention such support, I doubt it would work.

What are your requirements for the replacement board?

Requirements:

<$50
onboard video, which one does not matter as long as i can see what's going on
support for core/core2 cpus, as that's all i have
prefer onboard 10/100/1000

I was also looking at this board, but it only has 10/100 vs 10/100/1000 on the foxconn.

If you can recommend a place where i can pick up a celeron that would work in the foxconn board, for ~$15, i may do that.

Not bad, thanks. I'm wondering though, does the chipset ( 945P in this case ) determine compatible CPUs or is it determined by what support the manufacturer decides to put in the BIOS? Just wondering because this board has the same chipset and supports C2D.

Not bad, thanks. I'm wondering though, does the chipset ( 945P in this case ) determine compatible CPUs or is it determined by what support the manufacturer decides to put in the BIOS? Just wondering because this board has the same chipset and supports C2D.

The chipset, the BIOS, and the voltage regulation system all have to support C2D in order for it to work.

As for the FSB support, Pentium-D Extreme edition processors used a 1066FSB.

Back