Foxconn 6150BK8MC-KRSH - new build - immediate shutdown?

LanceDiamond

Limp Gawd
I ordered this board to use spare parts - my old X2 4400 etc. Assemble everything, power on via the PSU switch and all the fans come on for ~2 seconds and then shutdown. System isn't responsive to ATX power switch and will only come on for 2 seconds when hard power switch is used.

I've now removed the video card and both sticks of memory - it comes on just long enough to beep once like it's going to complain about not having memory with a beep code - and then shuts down.

I've built lots of systems in the past and I've doublechecked everything here - only thing I can think of is either my mobo is DOA or its a power supply problem (both mobo & power supply/case are brand new.)

Any thoughts before I RMA?

Thanks!

Try the board ouside the case, and if possible hook another power supply, those are the most common issues in my opinion..before rma :(

Err...very odd but I think I found the problem. The power switch seems to be shorted - I used the reset switch in place of power and it works fine - but I measured the power switch with a meter and it doesn't show up shorted. Regardless, it works now, I can power on/off etc and I'll worry about the stupid power switch after I figure out how to get the Foxconn to see a hard drive for Vista to install to. :)

Back