Fox Spins Off Alien Isolation's Cutscenes as a Digital Series

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Feb 28, 2019.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Following up on their promise to release more Alien spin offs, 20th Century Fox just announced a digital series based on the cutscenes from Alien: Isolation. The IGN press release says that "the goal was to offer new depth to a story that many gamers would have already experienced in 2014's release, and also tell the story in a newly accessible way for those who haven't," and mentions that some newly rendered scenes that weren't part of the original game will be in the series.

Check out the trailer here.

The official summary for the Alien: Isolation series reads: "Fifteen years have passed since the deep-space freighter Nostromo disappeared with all hands. And for fifteen years, Amanda Ripley has scoured the known universe for information about her mother, Ellen Ripley, the Nostromo's warrant officer. When representatives from the Weyland-Yutani Corporation approach Amanda with news that the Nostromo's flight recorder has finally been found and brought to the space station Sevastopol, Amanda joins the Company's expedition to the remote outpost. But when Amanda reaches the station, she walks into a living nightmare: Sevastopol's inhabitants have been terrorized, hunted, and brought to the brink of annihilation. Now she and a band of unprepared - and perhaps untrustworthy - survivors will have to confront the same diabolical species that changed her mother's fate forever."

2. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

I never finished that game, might have to revisit.

3. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

Cool. There are fan cuts out there, but this is great. I assume the newly rendered scenes are going to go over key plot points that happen between the cut scenes.

The trailer was done well and made me want to play the game again.

Darth Kyrie likes this.
  4. DukenukemX

DukenukemX [H]ardness Supreme

The only good Alien game. Plus the game is even ported to Linux. Too many good reasons to like this game.

5. Krazy925

Krazy925 2[H]4U

AvP was great but that was from like the early 2000s. We used to LAN so hard with that we’d run cat5 between houses.

6. ThatsAgood1jay

ThatsAgood1jay [H]ard|Gawd

Alien Isolation was fantastic, sort of wish they would do another.

Kinsaras likes this.
  7. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

Excellent game!

8. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

I'd like to see this with KoTOR 1 and 2, as well.

Darth Kyrie likes this.
  9. Tactlesss

Tactlesss n00b

I can't wait for a whole bunch of lets plays to get "Foxed" because of this.

KazeoHin likes this.
  10. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

11. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Armenius likes this.
  12. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

13. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

I had such a hard time finishing this game, they did an excellent job of setting the scene.

Darth Kyrie likes this.
  14. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous 2[H]4U

I Liked the game but the constant "run and hide" aspect got old really quickly and hampered the progress to where it became no fun. You couldn't kill it, only annoy it. So instead of "I'm ready to get it on!!" it was "Game over man! Game over!" (RIP Bill Paxton). I eventually used a cheat where the alien couldn't detect me about half way through the game.

Darth Kyrie likes this.
  15. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

I used two mods. The first turned the revolver into a one shot hand cannon and the second made you basically invisible to the alien.

Darth Kyrie likes this.