Four NSA Reform Initiatives Outlined

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The President addressed reporters at a Friday afternoon White House press conference, outlining the steps to be taken designed to regain the confidence of the American people and foreign governments alike. The press conference was scheduled only a day after the President conferred with tech executives on technology and privacy issues.

To build greater confidence, I think we should consider some additional changes to the FISC. One of the concerns that people raise is that a judge reviewing a request from the government to conduct programmatic surveillance only hears one side of the story, may tilt it too far in favor of security, may not pay enough attention to liberty.

All they are doing is getting the lies straightened out, so it all sounds great to the thickest bunch of morons in the world.

The only thing that will get the American people to act against their openly corrupt government, would be if they made firearms illegal.

That's how f@@ked up it all is.

1) Publish paper to tell the people what we want them to know, not what we are actually doing.
2) Hire someone to "argue" the people's side in our secret rubber stamp courts.
3) Release only the information that makes us look good.
4) Hire a group of "independent" experts to come up with new ways to spy on the people and also to spin it so the people think it is good for them.
5) Go on 9-day vacation.

Yep, sounds like typical tyrant stuff to me.

Forget about foreign concerns. You will never make them happy. Unfortunate that it happened, but trying to 'make it up to them' is a waste.

Although Resignations and Jail Time in some of these abuses and lies would help me out though. Don't see that anywhere in the plan.

Want to build greater confidence? Shut down the NSA and the DHS.
I don't know about the DHS and the NSA needs to be reigned in. But, to think we don't need spy agencies is childish.

If we get rid of our intel community, we basically have to swell our military to be able to deal which what might happen. Because now you can't 'nip it in the bud' or prepare. You have to wait until after shit happens which means bigger military, more deaths, etc..

1) Publish paper to tell the people what we want them to know, not what we are actually doing.
2) Hire someone to "argue" the people's side in our secret rubber stamp courts.
3) Release only the information that makes us look good.
4) Hire a group of "independent" experts to come up with new ways to spy on the people and also to spin it so the people think it is good for them.
5) Go on 9-day vacation.

Yep, sounds like typical tyrant stuff to me.

Im mobile right now, thanks for saving the typing.

I don't know about the DHS and the NSA needs to be reigned in. But, to think we don't need spy agencies is childish.

If we get rid of our intel community, we basically have to swell our military to be able to deal which what might happen. Because now you can't 'nip it in the bud' or prepare. You have to wait until after shit happens which means bigger military, more deaths, etc..

That's what the CIA is for. DHS is unnecessary and redundant, created as a knee-jerk reaction to 9/11. It's just another excuse to spy on Americans.

Dismissing other people's viewpoints as childish is childish.

Whatever we gain in safety from keeping secrets we lose twofold in freedom and integrity. And yeah, more people will probably die. Give me liberty or give me death. Those who give up liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Etc.

Hey I dont mind the nsa spying on stuff but lets drop the facade America isn't free nor has it been for years.

Just wish my government would stop giving me a reach around while it's shoving a pineapple up my ass.

Hey I dont mind the nsa spying on stuff but lets drop the facade America isn't free nor has it been for years.

Just wish my government would stop giving me a reach around while it's shoving a pineapple up my ass.

I'm with that. It is the bullshit lip service that offends me the most. Give the cops boots up to their ass and fancy armbands and let's fucking get on with it already.

Intel agencies are plentiful. As stated the CIA, but don't forget DIA, FBI, and the DOD. I would suspect the DOJ and State Department also assist in these efforts.

Smoke and mirrors, like always. The great leader (to steal a fail title) has decreed that the NSA won't spy on you. Whoop de fucking doo. There is a line of alphabet agencies aching to take their place. Even if this is real, it won't change a goddamn thing.

Just more bs and misdirection. They will do as they please regardless.

This and always this.

If it wasn't for Snowden I guarantee that we would STILL not have any idea what the NSA is doing. The say they're going to change this and change that but the simple fact of the matter is that in the end the government will always do what ever it wants.

Hell, even if they did shut down the NSA something would come along and take its place. Just as spaceman said...they will do as the please.

And what are the odds that not one of these "Reform Initiatives" actually outlines anything to reel in the overreaching arms of the NSA, clean up the corruption, or protect the people in any way.
Imagine if the people were allowed full control of their lives with no outside authority to oversee/police their actions...like the government.
Is it just me, or has it gotten rather difficult to tell the difference between the mafias/cartels and the government lately?

point by point:

1: (unaccountably)
9: (made)
8: (shadow)
4: (justice)

This and always this.

If it wasn't for Snowden I guarantee that we would STILL not have any idea what the NSA is doing. The say they're going to change this and change that but the simple fact of the matter is that in the end the government will always do what ever it wants.

Hell, even if they did shut down the NSA something would come along and take its place. Just as spaceman said...they will do as the please.

The can just move the NSA to Cuba, where it is outside of US law.

I won't be happy until I go to their data center and personally remove all their hard drives and erase their data with thermite.

A lot of people would be really upset that you messed up their e-mail by acting on a rumor about that data center being a seekrit spai centorz. It's a good thing it's redundant and they can gracefully failover to another data center someplace else so people can still check their government mailbox.

Back