FOUND: Need an Ivy Bridge cpu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokennails

2[H]4U
Update: Thanks for all the help everyone! Just need a CPU now. Anyone have a 3570/3770 or equivalent?

I hate asking for favors. My son’s PC is starting to fail. Not sure if it is CPU or Mobo. Is a 3770k and Maximus V Formula that someone graciously donated last year. I have very little money to put towards something right now but if anyone has something in that range and cheap I would be eternally grateful. Have plenty of DDR3 laying around. I may have something for trade as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pc getting random Simms not being seen. Now will not boot unless Dimms in slots 2 and 3. Tried a bunch of different dimms. Two top usb3 ports no longer work which is making me think cpu is dying.

Pc getting random Simms not being seen. Now will not boot unless Dimms in slots 2 and 3. Tried a bunch of different dimms. Two top usb3 ports no longer work which is making me think cpu is dying.
More likely the mobo. No bent socket pins correct?

No. Worked fine for months and then random bsods then randomly dimms not showing up in windows or refusing to boot with error code 55 which means no memory installed. Why I am leading more to cpu. Maybe memory controller on cpu? Also may be why top usb3 ports don’t work as I believe those are from the usb controller on cpu, not chipset.

More likely the mobo. No bent socket pins correct?
No. Worked fine for months and then random bsods then randomly dimms not showing up in windows or refusing to boot with error code 55 which means no memory installed. Why I am leading more to cpu. Maybe memory controller on cpu? Also may be why top usb3 ports don’t work as I believe those are from the usb controller on cpu, not chipset.
I am with FS on this, because I have never had a Dimm die, or a Processor die, but I have had several Mobo die.
Check your capacitors. This site shows some bad capacitors. https://www.easypcmod.com/know-motherboard-bad-fix-troubleshooting-guide-282 even swelling is a good sign of a bad capacitor.

Where is shipping to? I may have a an Ivy Bridge i3/i5 OEM comboI can send out pretty cheap.
PM me and I can check the machines I was about to decommission.
Edit: Combo will be a bit more then just a CPU, but them at least I know I am shipping a known good combo.

The Maximus V Formula (I have one that has had a similar experience) has issues with the mounting pressure of the CPU cooler and the DIMM slots not being recognized. Mine was working fine for months, then randomly started throwing an error for missing or incompatible memory. I reseated the CPU cooler and the DIMMs and it's been fine again since.

As an example: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...s-V-Formula-Error-55-G-Skill-F3-2400C10-16GTX

I had the same experience with a i5 ivy. No matter what I did the pc would only see 1 stick. Swapped out everything (and boards) before buying another cpu on FS/T swapped cpu worked fine. ugh. gl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back