Found: awesome MMO Golf sim!

AceTKK

Gawd
if you like golf or golf-based games like GoldenTee or Tiger Woods then you should check out www.shot-online.com . It's a free beta for a MMO golf game. The physics engine is pretty advanced and the game is very challenging and fun. Let's use this thread to discuss strategies, etc.

-Ace-

downloading now, i love these free beta games, now i am playing this and kal online

Mouse swing? If the answer is no I won´t even bother though I love golf it sounds like a great concept :)

not mouse-swing; three clicks to shoot. My game name is Mandres, sent me a message if you want.

-Ace-

Downloaded played for 10 minutes uninstalled.

What is so great about it? Physics feel weird very poor graphics limited to 1024x768, 3-click swing awful music?

Now this is more for MMO fans then golf fans.

Can you have love affairs with other players, and then have a match to decide who gets the girl? I'll download it and give it a shot, I'm interested to see what a golf 'Quest' involves.

oqvist said:
Downloaded played for 10 minutes uninstalled.

What is so great about it? Physics feel weird very poor graphics limited to 1024x768, 3-click swing awful music?

Now this is more for MMO fans then golf fans.
i did the same thing, it seemed pretty crappy, and my LCD does not look very good at 1024x768. the three click thing is retarded, it takes no skill, and the graphics were poor overall. the only decent thing was the girls ;)

Wow, I should have posted this a while ago then. I'm a level 33, if any of you are playing add "Pooper" to your friends list and find me. Playing with high level people gives you more experience, and I'd be glad to help out fellow [H]ers.

IcedEmotion said:
Can you have love affairs with other players, and then have a match to decide who gets the girl? I'll download it and give it a shot, I'm interested to see what a golf 'Quest' involves.

I'm not sure about Quests, but they do have Missions. Basically, on a given hole, it will tell you that all players need to get either a par or birdie. If they do this, then everyone gets a drink that reduces fatigue.

That does looke pretty cool! I haven't played a golf game in a while, I might have to try this one out!

Im getting on right now my name will probably be shakezilla so please add me :p

Anyone know how long the beta will last? I hate paying for stuff :D

Yea, the graphics aren't beautiful. The game is loads of fun though, and definitely a first for the genre. I love supporting off-beat games like this, the fact that it's free (for now) is icing on the cake.

-Ace-

It doesn't like any of my avatar ID's for some reason.

Ps. I love the engrish.

I'm having a difficult time picturing a MMO golf game. Do folks get to come on to the course to heckle and cheer while you're playing?

I'm just messing with the mods so far. This game is highly moderated. They wouldn't even allow my name BassTek because of the 'ass' in it. If anyone wants to play, my name is 'Ron-Mexico'. It's much more wholesome I guess.

Yeah, they recently implemented the chat filters and they do have bugs ("ass" in the middle of words, as you found out).

I'm psyched, I finished my first round under par last night. My handicap is down to +5 now :-D

-Ace-

Yes I learned about the word filter when I said the ball just keep rolling on the putting grass.... I mean wtf this is a golf game, we should be able to say grass

The game has freezed up for me twice on loading screens really annoying!
And some times writing overlaps and you cannt read it

ANd Can anyone tell me hwo to put I am sick of 6 putting every hole!

Play a round with Truffle00. He had me somewhat straightened out until 18 when I hit 3 balls OB. Basically the putter goes 20-25 yards max, so base your distance off that. Once you have the distance down you'll get used to reading the break.

Shakezilla said:
The game has freezed up for me twice on loading screens really annoying!

ANd Can anyone tell me hwo to put I am sick of 6 putting every hole!

The freezing is new...they screwed up something in one of the latest updates. Hopefully they'll put it back the way it was.

As for putting, follow that guide and/or play with me...I should be on tonight. Just send a private message to "Pooper" and I'll see about getting to you.

I didnt know those green lines ment anything :p
Now my putting game is a LOT better

If I am on(I prob wont be I got a huge project) Ill hit ya up truffle

IcedEmotion said:
Play a round with Truffle00. He had me somewhat straightened out until 18 when I hit 3 balls OB. Basically the putter goes 20-25 yards max, so base your distance off that. Once you have the distance down you'll get used to reading the break.

lol yea, I know what you mean. I HATE hole 18 on Altheim (sp?). You (at least I) cannot drive over the trees off the green, even though it looks like you should be able too. The green is very fast and difficult too.

-Ace-

AceTKK said:
lol yea, I know what you mean. I HATE hole 18 on Altheim (sp?). You (at least I) cannot drive over the trees off the green, even though it looks like you should be able too. The green is very fast and difficult too.

-Ace-

Man, that hole is so much better when you reach level 21. The farther tees let you go ahead and use a 3W or 5W, and you can put it on the green for Eagle or even Albatross.

Are holes in one fairly common? I notice a few chip-ins in the rounds I played, but only saw one bulletin about a hole-in-one.

What is the best way to level up?

Right now I play the regular courses alone and I am level 8. Is there a better way than this?

The more you with, and the higher you group with gets you more experience. Although I don't have any exact numbers as to how or why.

Back