Found a review on Abit's new IB9 - Budget P965 board w/ solid caps

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
LINK

Newegg has this board for like 75 bucks after rebate

hope you know Chinese (if that's even what it is).. could be Japanese for all i know. :D

I tried dropping the URL in to a translator but it didn't do anything :(

Is this board sexy or what - black connectors and everything

mal

nobody cares?

i thought the cheapest p965 board w/ solid caps would gen more interest

Reason why translator won't work is because that whole review or whatever is an image......

There have been other reviews for this board, and I think I remember the word buggy coming up several times.

Doesn't look like all solid caps to me.

only "problem" with it is the double boot but it's not as if it's the only 965 that does that.
& it tops out ~415fsb.

I went with the IB9 for my low cost build. I knew I couldn't get the speed that I can out of the AB9 Pro, but I am happy overall with the low-cost IB9. I had some Corsair PC5400 memory and a OEM Vista Premium hanging around, so I did a cheaper build. Other than dealing with the double boot, it is fine. You get used to it after awhile.

I went with the IB9 for my low cost build. I knew I couldn't get the speed that I can out of the AB9 Pro, but I am happy overall with the low-cost IB9. I had some Corsair PC5400 memory and a OEM Vista Premium hanging around, so I did a cheaper build. Other than dealing with the double boot, it is fine. You get used to it after awhile.

have you tried to max it out

what's the highest the board will do? ~415ish?

I picked one up. I should have it up and running by the weekend.

I'm looking to get 4x boards for budget E4300 builds and the IB9 looks to be the ticket. Have always had great luck with ABIT boards (BX6, BH6, BX6 R2, IS7-E2, KV8 Pro, NV8, AB9 Pro) so I think I'll roll with this.

yea i almost bit but then i found a 650i sli for 71 shipped as refurb from mwave and bit on that

the ib9 bios isn't mature enough for me.... reboot issue etc...

mal

Honestly, I don't think the reboot issue would bother me that much. I have lived with it for a year now with 2x Gigabyte 965P-DS3s (even on the F11 BIOS).

Honestly, I don't think the reboot issue would bother me that much. I have lived with it for a year now with 2x Gigabyte 965P-DS3s (even on the F11 BIOS).

I barely notice it. The computer works fine.

For my money, the IB9 is a great budget board.

kirbyrj - what's your setup?

IB9 w/bios 1.3 beta
E4300 @ 2.7Ghz stock voltage
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 667 memory
Xfinity 620W PSU (free AR from Fry's)
Coolermaster Centurion Case
400GB SATA Seagate 7200.10
Lite-On SATA 20X DVD burner
Sunbeamtech Freezer 7 Pro copy CPU cooler

I haven't really spent much time tweaking it. It was a quick build for a friend. 2.7Ghz is plenty for what I need it for.

IB9 w/bios 1.3 beta
E4300 @ 2.7Ghz stock voltage
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 667 memory
Xfinity 620W PSU (free AR from Fry's)
Coolermaster Centurion Case
400GB SATA Seagate 7200.10
Lite-On SATA 20X DVD burner
Sunbeamtech Freezer 7 Pro copy CPU cooler

I haven't really spent much time tweaking it. It was a quick build for a friend. 2.7Ghz is plenty for what I need it for.

The 1.3Beta was a POS on my board so I had to go back to the official 1.2. I emailed Abit Tech Support about it but of course they didn't have much to say.

The 1.3Beta was a POS on my board so I had to go back to the official 1.2. I emailed Abit Tech Support about it but of course they didn't have much to say.

What kind of problems were you having? Maybe I would be better off going with the 1.2 and seeing if I can get a better OC out of it.

2.7ghz on stock volts is kinda sweet really.

I don't want to do anything extreme to the processor because it's for a friend and I'm the "tech support." As long as it's stable, I'm happy. 2.7Ghz for any C2D is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Put it right to 300x9 and it worked great.

I plan to get this board for my el cheapo upgrade in June with a E4300 and see what I can do with it. I really like the layout...mainly why I'm getting it.

well i'm typing this on my new p5n-e sli refurb board from mwave = 71 shipped

booted into windows the first try :D

no clocking yet but she seems stable enough w/ stock everything -

passive northsink is too hot to touch = 80mm blowin on her

i'll post w/ oc results when i get around to it

mal

well i'm typing this on my new p5n-e sli refurb board from mwave = 71 shipped

booted into windows the first try :D

no clocking yet but she seems stable enough w/ stock everything -

passive northsink is too hot to touch = 80mm blowin on her

i'll post w/ oc results when i get around to it

mal

Dang you I had my finger on the button to buy that more then once. Good to hear it worked out for you. But now I'm sad :)

so far so good

35xs1.jpg

Any idea what it does on air? What voltage are you pushing through it? I want to push my E4300, but I don't want to go nuts since I'm only on air, and it's not my CPU ;).

check the database

i think i took that screenie at 1.5 but the vdroop on this board (p5n-e sli) is crazy

last night i set the vcore to 1.425 and measured the load vcore off the motherboard with a multimeter at. 1.37 = .055 vdroop under load

i think i'm going to vdroop mod it

IINM, aren't all 965 board susceptible to vdroop? I got in on the 965/775 game late, so the majority of the issues probably got ironed out, but this seems to be the worst Intel chipset in recent(?) history.

IINM, aren't all 965 board susceptible to vdroop? I got in on the 965/775 game late, so the majority of the issues probably got ironed out, but this seems to be the worst Intel chipset in recent(?) history.

Asus is somewhat worse than what you'd expect from other manufacturers.

WTF?! The shipping BIOS (1.1) shows the wrong CPU speed but is otherwise alright. When updating to either the 1.2 or 1.3 BIOS, the C1E and thermal throttling options disappear! My E4300's multi is swinging between 6x and 9x in WinXP and causes one hell of a vdroop once dual prime becomes active (1.425 -> ~1.38V).

Anyone see something similar?

Back