Forza2

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
OK - I am huge GT fan and I curse them for making any other racing game a mere joke. This being said, I downloaded the Forza 2 demo thinking it was going to be some crap Fast & Furious game where you have cars with 22" "phat" rims :rolleyes: and some ugly paint scheme and just nonsense physics...( I just describe NFS Underground) but I was actually a bit impressed. The physics were not too bad...The cars looked respectable and the track (Mugello is the only demo track) was spot on.

I checked the car roster and the even show some love my adding the Impreza S204 (most amazing car ever) :D so I was thinking about picking this up on the release day next week.

Do you guys think this game will be decent? I am looking for a GT style simulator and I think this game may not be at that level and or better but very nice and adding the XBOX Live into the mix, I think this game is well worth a purchase.

Any thoughts?

You just heard about Forza now? I consider it better than any of the GT games for the simple fact it has realistic damage (the demo doesn't show it, you need to play the first game on Xbox to understand).

Go ahead and buy it, you'll be happy with your purchase and it should tide you over nicely until GT:HD or GT5 arrives.

I'm picking up Forza 2 when it comes out. The demo is just the arcade game mode, the simulation is going to be different and more real. The damage in the simulation version actually has an effect.

The graphics aren't as good as GT, but adding damage takes a bit more power. They also wanted to keep the game locked at 60fps.

The game seems to have an anal retentive attention to detail when it comes to car performance and diagnostic options. Supposedly, there are supposed to be a very large amount of car modification options.

OK - I am huge GT fan and I curse them for making any other racing game a mere joke. This being said, I downloaded the Forza 2 demo thinking it was going to be some crap Fast & Furious game where you have cars with 22" "phat" rims :rolleyes: and some ugly paint scheme and just nonsense physics...( I just describe NFS Underground) but I was actually a bit impressed. The physics were not too bad...The cars looked respectable and the track (Mugello is the only demo track) was spot on.

Pull up the telemetry screens during a replay in Forza 2 and you'll see just how much more intricate the physics are in that game. The tire friction screen is completely overwhelming.

As Defective said, you're playing the Arcade part of the game. The Campaign or whatever is going to be different.

Good info. I am pretty excited about this game...

Even the demo in Arcade mode seemed very fun for me. I think the attention to small details like road debris - car damage - licensed vendors and manufacturers is what makes a game.

I look forward to seeing you guys online perhaps!

Later!

Forza 2 is going to be the game of the year for the 360. Personally I thought the original was one of the best xbox games around.

This one might make me get a 360 if it is as good/better than the first...

I'm not even huge into racing and Forza is the only reason I regret selling my xbox..

I downloaded the Forza 2 demo thinking it was going to be some crap Fast & Furious game where you have cars with 22" "phat" rims :rolleyes: and some ugly paint scheme and just nonsense physics

I'm surprised you've never heard of, or at least saw what Forza was all about. The first Forza, on the original Xbox, was a fantastic game, and offered things that have yet to be in any of the GT titles. Speaking of ugly paint schemes... the first Forza featured a very cool car customization setup.

You should google some of the custom cars people made. The game makers gave gamers the ability to put down all sorts of shapes, of various colors, over NUMEROUS layers, and some of the designs people came up with are amazing. Forza 2 is suppose to have an even better car customization system. This is on top of all the other stuff, like adjusting tire pressure, changing your camber, adjusting shocks, gear ratio, etc. It gets REALLY in-depth.

I think Forza > GT series, but thats just my opinion. Yes buy it.

Has anyone received the pre-order bonus car code from EB? I went there yesterday and ordered the CE, when I asked about the code he didn't know anything about it. Mind you this is in Canada so I was half expecting not to get anything. I know if you order online you are supposed to get it via email, but I haven't heard of anyone getting it in-store.

I played the crap out of the demo and I'm picking it up on its release day, I love racing games :D. It's Tuesday right?

I think the demo graphics are decent.

Has it been announced if the game will support 1080p or will it only upscale 720p to 1080i?

I'd recommend GTR2 if you've got a steering wheel for PC. You sound pretty serious about GT racing, and GTR2 is one of the most serious GT racing simulations out there. why go for an Xbox 360 game, unless you've also got the steering wheel for that.

btw, about your little rip on Nfs, you can't compare nfs to any racing game simulator. It was MADE to be an arcade style game, not a GTR2 or Richard burns rally. You're comparing apples to oranges. Don't rip on need for speed for something it was never made for.

I'm suprised by the AI in the game. I havn't played it enough to really say for sure, (plus it's the demo) but they seem to be more fair. They are still aggressive but I have yet to be police manouvered by the AI which is a good thing. They really enjoyed the bumper cars in the first game, but in this one if you have a legitimate pass going they wont try and knock you off the course. They will take you on the inside if you take the turn wide, yet give you a little room if you out cornered them. Hopefully this holds and I havn't just been lucky. It will make playing the single player more enjoyable.

I'm suprised by the AI in the game. I havn't played it enough to really say for sure, (plus it's the demo) but they seem to be more fair. They are still aggressive but I have yet to be police manouvered by the AI which is a good thing. They really enjoyed the bumper cars in the first game, but in this one if you have a legitimate pass going they wont try and knock you off the course. They will take you on the inside if you take the turn wide, yet give you a little room if you out cornered them. Hopefully this holds and I havn't just been lucky. It will make playing the single player more enjoyable.

you mean the "PIT" maneuver? already happened to me once, AI did a great job at it too, quite impressed

sucks that the demo has no real damage effects other than visual, but hey, my full copy is already paid for

also looking forward to DIRT, NFS 2007/2008 and PGR4 this year

definitely going to pick up the wheel this summer

you mean the "PIT" maneuver? already happened to me once, AI did a great job at it too, quite impressed

sucks that the demo has no real damage effects other than visual, but hey, my full copy is already paid for

also looking forward to DIRT, NFS 2007/2008 and PGR4 this year

definitely going to pick up the wheel this summer
Yeah, the PIT maneuver (pardon my spelling as well). Like I said, I may have just been lucky so far. It will be interesting to see how much damage it will take to start having noticable performance effects since the demo has none.

The DiRT demo was pretty fun. I don't think it will have the depth to keep me interrested in it for very long like forza will.

NFS 2008 is probably going to be bad. Didn't they JUST release carbon. Now that they are starting to label them as yearly titles it's probably going to reach a new level of bad. If they prove me wrong I will eat my words, but this is EA so i'm not holding out much.

PGR4 should be great. I have always enjoyed the series because for some reason they hold my interest for a very long time. They always manage to hit that level in between arcade and simulation where it makes it a lot of fun from both perspectives. My only problem is that I can't think of where the series can go from 3 without just being a graphical update. Hopefully I am once again wrong. :)

Yeah, the PIT maneuver (pardon my spelling as well). Like I said, I may have just been lucky so far. It will be interesting to see how much damage it will take to start having noticable performance effects since the demo has none.

The DiRT demo was pretty fun. I don't think it will have the depth to keep me interrested in it for very long like forza will.

NFS 2008 is probably going to be bad. Didn't they JUST release carbon. Now that they are starting to label them as yearly titles it's probably going to reach a new level of bad. If they prove me wrong I will eat my words, but this is EA so i'm not holding out much.

PGR4 should be great. I have always enjoyed the series because for some reason they hold my interest for a very long time. They always manage to hit that level in between arcade and simulation where it makes it a lot of fun from both perspectives. My only problem is that I can't think of where the series can go from 3 without just being a graphical update. Hopefully I am once again wrong. :)

agreed on all accounts but i am holding out hope for NFS 2008, they are bringing back damage physics from the good ole' NFS days back before Underground, hopefully they do it well, honestly, if it's as good as NFS:MW with graphical updates and damage i will grab it, NFS:MW keeps me playing just like PGR3 does

I'll be trying CompUSA they have it in their flier and it says 5/30. I called BB on Tuesday and they said all games come out on Thursdays, I hang up.

I read this review on gamespot and it says MS will be doing weekly tournys, that sounds like a lot of fun, and they also said that u can progress your career mode in online racers too, I'm liking it.

EB just called to say my copy is in, but I'll have to wait until after work to pick it up.

so anybody know how to form a car club or team yet? might be cool to have a "[H]ard Driving" team or something.....i'm game

Anyone else get the CE? I did and it seems to be worth the extra 10 bucks. The packaging is well done, the 150 page booklet has write-ups on some of the tracks and cars and actually seems interesting. Not to mention the three extra cars that you get, although they will be available on Live later apparently.

You just heard about Forza now? I consider it better than any of the GT games for the simple fact it has realistic damage (the demo doesn't show it, you need to play the first game on Xbox to understand).

Go ahead and buy it, you'll be happy with your purchase and it should tide you over nicely until GT:HD or GT5 arrives.

GT:HD is cancelled so they can focus on 5. But, I just read reviews on Gamespot and all teh reviews are 9/10 + so far i've read. Defidently a game worth getting if you're into that sort of game.

I love this game. Car customization is great. Here's my take on a Chevy Cobalt I got for free:

gaycar.jpg

I don't care what you say, I can't stop laughing at the replays with this car.

here i am stuck in a hotel room hundreds of miles from home and the local Gamestop where my preorder is waiting on me.....will have to drop by on the way home Friday if i can make it there before they close....if not it's gonna cost me a trip back to Augusta GA to grab it Saturday.....wife taking horse to a show Saturday and I am spending a "daddy day" with my 2yr old girl, so probably wont get to mess with it much until Saturday night or Sunday....but then it's ON

here i am stuck in a hotel room hundreds of miles from home and the local Gamestop where my preorder is waiting on me.....will have to drop by on the way home Friday if i can make it there before they close....if not it's gonna cost me a trip back to Augusta GA to grab it Saturday.....wife taking horse to a show Saturday and I am spending a "daddy day" with my 2yr old girl, so probably wont get to mess with it much until Saturday night or Sunday....but then it's ON

Give them a call and ask them to hold it a little longer. They'll usually do it for you.

Give them a call and ask them to hold it a little longer. They'll usually do it for you.

wait, are you saying it wont be there for sure when i get there on saturday? i preordered it, i thought that was the point of preordering, so you dont have to worry about not getting a copy.....they never even called me to say it was in to begin with!

wait, are you saying it wont be there for sure when i get there on saturday? i preordered it, i thought that was the point of preordering, so you dont have to worry about not getting a copy.....they never even called me to say it was in to begin with!

I was under the impression that they will hold it for 48hrs...maybe I'm crazy.

Back