Forza Motorsport(8) thread

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Today they premiered with a trailer. Very lackluster but its something. Raytracing enabled. Im pretty reserved about this. Definitely need to see more then cinematics.

I was happy to see that it's not a Series X launch title, and appears to not be coming to Xbox One at all. Let's assume this is a Fall 2021 release, that gives us a full on four year gap from FM7. I'm happy with that, the two year release cycle was getting stale. This gives them plenty of time to rebuild the game from the ground up for current technology, and rethink some of the less popular choices in the previous few games.

This is the most interesting FM to me since five.

Where was it said that its not a launch title?

They didn't. But context makes it certain it's not. I believe the exact words they used were "very early look", and it's clear we're not seeing actual gamplay here... it would be odd to not show gameplay for a launch title. Several sources have described it as "early stages of development". Likewise, Microsoft announced not too long ago that there would be no first party Series X exclusive games this year (perhaps they even said in the first year, I don't recall for sure). Given that the trailer only shows Series X and PC, when the games that we know to be coming to One also were clearly labeled as such, it can be concluded that it is not coming out this year.

I hope Forza makes an appearance on PC like Horizon did. I haven't played a forza motorsport game in years and years.

Hopefully, it won't have those ridiculous rules like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars where you inadvertently clip a corner or get bumped into it by another car and it penalizes you! I get why they did that, but at least let me disable if I want to!

I really liked both games, but that completely sucked the fun out of them for me, and as long as that flawed system is in place, I refuse to either one.

Hopefully, it won't have those ridiculous rules like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars where you inadvertently clip a corner or get bumped into it by another car and it penalizes you! I get why they did that, but at least let me disable if I want to!

I really liked both games, but that completely sucked the fun out of them for me, and as long as that flawed system is in place, I refuse to either one.
That system is the key to a game focused on motorsports and multiplayer racing. Disable it optionally for single player, sure, but in multiplayer it's basically a requirement if you want a thriving online community in a realistic racing simulator.

If you enjoyed those games, look into rFactor 2 and RaceRoom. 2 of the most underrated sims out there.

I think this bodes well. The creative director for the game says that he went out to learn everything he could about suspension and car dynamics to make it as realistic as possible. Seems they really are putting in the effort to rebuild the game from the ground up. Though if I see the same exact car settings menu for the 15th time I am going to be very disappointed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-motorsport-suspension-model-20211208/

Video should start at 1902 seconds or 31:42.

Game is well optimized too, I got it running on a FX 8320 and 7950 at mostly 30 fps low almost everything which some would call playable

Though if I see the same exact car settings menu for the 15th time I am going to be very disappointed.
i can literally guarantee you it will have the same settings menu. maybe one or two tweaks or additions... but it'll be the same.

i can literally guarantee you it will have the same settings menu. maybe one or two tweaks or additions... but it'll be the same.
I just wished they would use labels for the unit of measure. Toe for example, they don't tell you whether it's degrees, inches or mm. 0.1 doesn't really mean anything.

I hope this new focus on some of the components means that Race Suspension isn't the exact same for every car out there, or only differentiated by F+R independent and live axle rear. You have far more basic variance used in.motorsport than just those two, and it would be nice to have that recognized.

Vehicle versions is a whole other rant. It's clear that for some, it was simply a matter of what we could model or heard of was the only criteria

will ray-tracing be available in the races itself or only in the Garage Mode like Forza Horizon 5?

The game looks exactly the same aside from being slightly prettier. And why in the hell are they still using that horrible HUD? Maple Valley is also the worst fantasy track in Forza history.

a new Forza Monthly dropped today, and creative director Chris Esaki talked about the game’s visual tech, physics, time-of-day system, and more...also regarding the Bethesda Showcase video from a few days ago: "We incorrectly stated that the Forza Motorsport demo was captured in-game on Xbox Series X. The demo was captured in-game on PC, and also tested on Xbox Series X for the same visual quality output"

Maple Valley is also the worst fantasy track in Forza history.
I'd argue the original New York street track was worse. So was the Ibeza Club circuit. Maple Valley short was fun in the low power class cars back in the FM2/3 era

PLEASE don't suck like FM7 did...
Well the odd release numbers have sucked in comparison with their even releases. Look how bad 5 was. Or how much better 4 was then 3.

Though it all fairness licensing is a far bigger issue now than it was then. That and it seems the developers are far more focused on making it look pretty then actually increasing the technical aspects

I'd argue the original New York street track was worse. So was the Ibeza Club circuit. Maple Valley short was fun in the low power class cars back in the FM2/3 era
The shortened version of New York in FM2 was bad. The original was pretty good.
1655828496234.png

Polyphony's New York track in Gran Turismo 4 was even better, though.

And I also like all the Iberian circuit layouts. I thought it was one of Turn 10's better fictional tracks.

In addition to Forza Monthly on Thursday, there will also be an in-depth look at the game tomorrow during Xbox Developer_Direct, which starts at 12:00 PST/15:00 EST.

For anybody who wants to see it without going through the whole show:

Well the developer direct was all fluff in regards to FM
Well hopefully we'll get more detail during Forza Weekly tomorrow. They did say one thing that got my attention, which was dynamic track temperature.

Id like to hope what we saw was very early footage but i highly doubt it is. They are phoning this shit in it seems now. Every new game is a downgrade from the one before. They are copy pasting most of the game as well. This could have easily been a DLC or even and update but they opted for the cash grab windows 11 method. I dont know if i can with T10 or PG anymore. I used to think T10 was the innovators that did the real work and PG took it and tweaked it and made a open world map and launched it.

y57m5r14ofea1.jpg
VS
1674749886123.png

ew5nrrf6n9ea1.png

07yr1qf6n9ea1.png

z4tzxpf6n9ea1.png
xrcgz5g6n9ea1.png

cgh7wsf6n9ea1.png

nef93wf6n9ea1.png

85kc4sf6n9ea1.png

Here is the stream, starting at the part about the new game. Not a whole lot that we don't already know.

Id like to hope what we saw was very early footage but i highly doubt it is. They are phoning this shit in it seems now. Every new game is a downgrade from the one before. They are copy pasting most of the game as well. This could have easily been a DLC or even and update but they opted for the cash grab windows 11 method. I dont know if i can with T10 or PG anymore. I used to think T10 was the innovators that did the real work and PG took it and tweaked it and made a open world map and launched it.

View attachment 544602 VS View attachment 544583

View attachment 544603
View attachment 544604
View attachment 544605View attachment 544606
View attachment 544607
View attachment 544608
View attachment 544609
Agreed. It seems like they are lying about rebuilding all the track and car models for this "next gen" game. One of my first thoughts when I heard that was I bet the Nordschleife is still going to be using the same woefully inaccurate track model they have been using since the first game from 2005. All they did starting with Forza 4 was make it narrower and shrink it a little to make the turns tighter. Car accuracy has also always been an issue. It was hilarious when Greenawalt got owned by the fans when they released the EB 110 SS for FM3. It was released as a RWD weighing like 3600 pounds. Greenawalt claimed he had a friend who owned the car that they scanned, weighed, and everything. Then there was the GTS-R race car that was rated a class below the C5.R in the game despite them being close rivals during their time.

Back