Forza Motorsport 7 thread

What controller? I'm confident I would be a bit quicker with the 360 controller I have, but I bought this wheel so.... gotta use it :D I think I just need some more time with it. And some of those hill climb turns are tough to decide 2nd or 3rd gear on.
Dual Shock 3. I had it when Apex came out and have just been using it. I used my buddies xbox one controller and it is soooooooooooooooo much better. I might take my PS3, 360, and all the games for both down to gamestop and see how much off i can get on a elite controller. If i had a wheel i would be using it but ill make due with the controller. Trying to funnel as much money into my real life car project as possible lol.

are you playing with stability control on? I can't seem to get around a corner at speed with the g920 without the car boomeranging. With stability control on, the car is super predictable, but I lose the ability to use throttle to oversteer. Thinking maybe the wheel is too sensitive and when I correct a skid, it overcorrects.
All aids off, simulation steering. Like I said, I decreased the linearity setting in advanced wheel options to 35, set the inner deadzone to 0 and outer deadzone to 100. 900 degree rotation.

All aids off, simulation steering. Like I said, I decreased the linearity setting in advanced wheel options to 35, set the inner deadzone to 0 and outer deadzone to 100. 900 degree rotation.

I turned linearity to 30. I'll mess with the deadzones. Thanks!

Hey hey HEY you guys, don't jump the gun just yet. We need to see if the PC version is feature equal to the Xbone version.

Hey hey HEY you guys, don't jump the gun just yet. We need to see if the PC version is feature equal to the Xbone version.
Didn't seem like it to me. The Xbox one was definitely lower visual quality. On my system Forza7 runs 100fps, freesync monitor, and looks fairly smooth in game play. The load screens are atrocious on both systems but the PC does seem to hitch a lot more. Hopefully being demoes this improves drastically. The assist system works better than before on anything better than the lowest setting. The lowest setting makes the car ALWAYS want to be in the highlighted path, car there or not be damned. Thought my controller was broke at first. On any setting over that the PC version runs great and reasonable.

Didn't seem like it to me. The Xbox one was definitely lower visual quality. On my system Forza7 runs 100fps, freesync monitor, and looks fairly smooth in game play. The load screens are atrocious on both systems but the PC does seem to hitch a lot more. Hopefully being demoes this improves drastically. The assist system works better than before on anything better than the lowest setting. The lowest setting makes the car ALWAYS want to be in the highlighted path, car there or not be damned. Thought my controller was broke at first. On any setting over that the PC version runs great and reasonable.
We're looking for feature parity, not visual or performance parity.
If Microsoft releases a fully-featured PC version of Forza 7 at ALL, I'll eat my own hat.

We're looking for feature parity, not visual or performance parity.
Well what features are we talking here? I already stated it runs with frame rates higher than 60. No Ultrawide support yet, but this is a demo. As far as settings, Xbox shows none so can't speak to any obvious visual features or physics differences. Don't have a wheel and pedal but others mention those working.

so what else you need to know? May have been stated and I missed it.

Well what features are we talking here? I already stated it runs with frame rates higher than 60. No Ultrawide support yet, but this is a demo. As far as settings, Xbox shows none so can't speak to any obvious visual features or physics differences. Don't have a wheel and pedal but others mention those working.

so what else you need to know? May have been stated and I missed it.

Things like online play, full career mode, all cars, etc...

At this point, it's fair to assume that the PC and Xbox versions are identical since it is a 'play anywhere' title. Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 are the only other play anywhere titles I own and they are exactly the same on either PC or Xbox (visual differences excluded).

I'd like to see a full human sized hat too. No squirrel sized hat will do here. :p

Well what features are we talking here? I already stated it runs with frame rates higher than 60. No Ultrawide support yet, but this is a demo.

The demo does have ultrawide support. Change your resolution to native resolution, save, and then restart the demo. The menus will not be in ultrawide, but the game is.

My biggest problem is I cannot for the life of me get my wheel to feel right, or even somewhat realistic at all.

Things like online play, full career mode, all cars, etc...

At this point, it's fair to assume that the PC and Xbox versions are identical since it is a 'play anywhere' title. Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 are the only other play anywhere titles I own and they are exactly the same on either PC or Xbox (visual differences excluded).

I'd like to see a full human sized hat too. No squirrel sized hat will do here. :p
Oh makes sense. Yeah they seem to be the same car and trackwise from what I have seen and read so far. And add to that like you said the play anywhere part would require such.

To clarify.

Missing cars, missing tracks, missing online features, missing livery options, missing music tracks and missing difficulty options on PC yet present on Xbox all qualify as lack of feature parity.

And so far I can't find any...

Shit...

To clarify.

Missing cars, missing tracks, missing online features, missing livery options, missing music tracks and missing difficulty options on PC yet present on Xbox all qualify as lack of feature parity.

And so far I can't find any...

Shit...
Without feature parity it wouldnt be fair for PC and Console to have crossplay. It would also take more time and money to develop the same game differently for PC and XB on the XPA platform that is designed to work on multiple systems.

Without feature parity it wouldnt be fair for PC and Console to have crossplay. It would also take more time and money to develop the same game differently for PC and XB on the XPA platform that is designed to work on multiple systems.

Yet it still happens all the time. PC versions get delays, miss out on content or encounter rediculous bugs. Look at Konami and the PES series, or Microsoft and every single game they've put out prior to 2016...

I just didn't expect them to change their tune.

Yet it still happens all the time. PC versions get delays, miss out on content or encounter rediculous bugs. Look at Konami and the PES series, or Microsoft and every single game they've put out prior to 2016...

I just didn't expect them to change their tune.
I think here it is the new PLAY ANYWHERE so it is to be expected PC and Console will share all features.

Totally different beast than demo. Works without charm, no issues with anything, solid 80-90 FPS in 1440p/Ultra/2xMSAA on my 1080 Ti. ALso no hiccups or any other stuttering. Guess those 8c/16T CPU is doing fine.... and the i 5 4c without HTs are struggling.

Here's the core usage during a race. Load is nicely spread, and the ingame CPU utilization shows 30% in Afterburner.

Also some screenshots :)

Attachments

• coreusage.jpg
    coreusage.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 21_42_18.png
    Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 21_42_18.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 22_10_59.png
    Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 22_10_59.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 22_16_11.png
    Forza Motorsport 7 28_09_2017 22_16_11.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Early Access with review copy from Microsoft. And they are such a nice people, that they send usually most beefed up version. Embargo ended today's morning, been playing since yesterday.

And yes, it requires about 100GB disk space.

Totally different beast than demo. Works without charm, no issues with anything, solid 80-90 FPS in 1440p/Ultra/2xMSAA on my 1080 Ti. ALso no hiccups or any other stuttering. Guess those 8c/16T CPU is doing fine.... and the i 5 4c without HTs are struggling.

Here's the core usage during a race. Load is nicely spread, and the ingame CPU utilization shows 30% in Afterburner.

Also some screenshots :)

cpu usage looks exactly like it did in the demo so nothing changed on that front..
UHjZRfS.png

my assumption is that the game uses 4 threads and then relies on windows load balancing to use the remaining 3 cores/threads available on the xbox to keep temps down on the cpu. because once it gets over 7 threads on PC load balancing doesn't know what to do with the extra threads available to it.

Uh, running fine for me. They added an unlocked frame rate option. My FPS is averaging over 100 on Ultra settings on my hardware. Runs great, and really have no issues works great on my G-Sync monitor with no tearing.

I loaded the game, checked settings and did a free play race. After that I started the single player campaign and the game crashed at the end of the second campaign race. That's not great but not the end of the world.

Using the in game benchmark I am getting better performance than in the demo. I personally was not seeing any stuttering in a race, everything seemed fine except for the crash.

I'm using my TX wheel but can't really say how good the FFB is because honestly I hardly ever use this thing. It seems better than in FH3 using the wheel (tried a little FH3 earlier while waiting for this new Forza to unlock).

According to this review http://www.shacknews.com/article/101520/forza-motorsport-7-review-what-could-have-been PC version looks like a horrible port similar to what lots of people experienced with Forza Horizon 3.

the reviewer had problems with the demo so my suspicion is that he has some work to do on his pc that is not necessarily the fault of the game, for example he has a similar cpu/gpu configuration as myself and I was able to run the demo with no problems.

Yeah, the game is running quite well for me and I wouldn't consider the core of my system that high end anymore. GPU is decent w/ a 1080TI, but my CPU is a 5820k.

There is mild stuttering in the menus and what not, but during actual racing the game runs better smooth.

It's totally different beast than demo. In demo I had FPS jumping all the way between 50 and 20, average FPS in benchmark was about 48 and it was full stutter fest. Now this is buttery smooth and I've no issues with game.

Yeah, the game is running quite well for me and I wouldn't consider the core of my system that high end anymore. GPU is decent w/ a 1080TI, but my CPU is a 5820k.

There is mild stuttering in the menus and what not, but during actual racing the game runs better smooth.

the suttering in the menu is due to loading things, doesn't matter what type of hard drive you have the game installed on either it still gets the loading stutter.

Does anyone know if Forza has more detailed/nerdy car specs or descriptions somewhere, like engine capacity/type and where it's mounted, etc? I know I could just Wikipedia but is there anything like that in-game?

It runs perfect for me btw, unlike the Forza Horizon 3 demo which had stuttering and dips into the 40FPS range. I never tried the full FH3 because of the random issues people had but so far so good with FM7. In the benchmark I'm averaging 124FPS @ 1080p.

Back