Forza Motorsport 7 thread

Tried the demo and im not having good first impressions. Tested it with a i5 ivy 7950 3gb rig latest drivers 1080p. I'm getting major graphical glitches unless i force particle resolution to full anything less and its artifacts everywhere. Fps seems solid but random stutters occur. That would be 3 games now that have this problem, i highly doubt it will ever be fixed so much for dx12.

Untitled2.jpg

it ran like total shit for me the first time to. It seemed like it ran better after running a couple races.

I have a 3570K with a reference gtx970. Im nvsurround with 3x 1920x1200 monitors but i only run the game in 1200p on the middle monitor. Not sure if this affects the performance but does anyone have a similiar setup can you share your settings or if anyone has an idea of where i should set mine.

smooth as butter for me, ill post the benchmark results when I get back home, day 1 purchase for me.

demo.PNG

Above is at 2560x1440, 100hz

Last edited:
Dang wish I had an ultra wide for this.. any of you all have racing chair setups?

I think my issue is im out of CPU. GPU is at a steady 40% load peak. CPU is 100% nonstop.

Try using dsr

that's surprising since it barely even touches my R5 1600.

i will say though the loading transitions are terrible.. watching everything go from butter smooth 60fps to 5fps while something is loading makes my brain hurt.

btw is there a framerate overlay that works in dx12 yet? since the in game benchmark is useless as hell and i can't tell if vsync is being forced on even when i have it set not to use it.

i will say though the loading transitions are terrible.. watching everything go from butter smooth 60fps to 5fps while something is loading makes my brain hurt.

btw is there a framerate overlay that works in dx12 yet? since the in game benchmark is useless as hell and i can't tell if vsync is being forced on even when i have it set not to use it.

In the case of fm apex, there is a setting for framerate counter in the in game settings.

Try using dsr
I started with 1.2x and 33% then tried 2.0x and 50%. What are the settings supposed to do or what should i be seeing? It didnt alleviate the CPU load much at all.

locking at 30FPS its average of 40% GPU load. 60FPS is 90-100% GPU load. CPU is 100% on all cores regardless of what FPS its at.

Yeah, FH3 was the same way. It wasnt as noticeable since it basically showed images during loading. I turned the FPS OSD on in afterburner last night and it worked.

Or running the game on all 3 monitors.

If the CPU is 100% on 1920x1200 why would running 5760x1200 make the CPU load less?

I started with 1.2x and 33% then tried 2.0x and 50%. What are the settings supposed to do or what should i be seeing? It didnt alleviate the CPU load much at all.

locking at 30FPS its average of 40% GPU load. 60FPS is 90-100% GPU load. CPU is 100% on all cores regardless of what FPS its at.

Yeah, FH3 was the same way. It wasnt as noticeable since it basically showed images during loading. I turned the FPS OSD on in afterburner last night and it worked.

If the CPU is 100% on 1920x1200 why would running 5760x1200 make the CPU load less?

Your cpu will still be doing the same amount of work, but you can get more out of your gpu by turning up the settings. Use the unlocked fps setting and turn stuff up until you get around 60fps. That's the sweet spot.

I downloaded this Tuesday night, but haven't had a chance to try it. I'm looking forward to starting it up tonight and see how it runs. FH3 ran great on my 1070 at 4K, so I'm hoping I get similar results with this one.

Your cpu will still be doing the same amount of work, but you can get more out of your gpu by turning up the settings. Use the unlocked fps setting and turn stuff up until you get around 60fps. That's the sweet spot.
Ill post my settings here in a little bit when i get home. I can change it from 30FPS to 60FPS and my GPU varies between 90-100%. I learned with Apex and FH3 that i cant let the card just run all out because of load spikes that cause lag. When locking the FPS down it gives the card some headroom and smoothed it out. My CPU is stock clocks so i looked around the internet last night for a semi cookie cutter OC i could throw in to test but i wasnt successful and i dont really want to deal with BSODs and instability trying to figure it out while figuring out the game performance. Ill try running it on all monitors and see what it does. Any more insight on the DSR? Im not real sure what this does or have any idea where to go with those settings?

Welp, not for me. Glad I got to try the demo before I bought it. Seemed there was a fair amount of hitching present. Granted, the graphics are gorgeous, but for me the actual game play was horrible. Hard to believe this is from the same company behind FH3.

Welp, not for me. Glad I got to try the demo before I bought it. Seemed there was a fair amount of hitching present. Granted, the graphics are gorgeous, but for me the actual game play was horrible. Hard to believe this is from the same company behind FH3.
hitching?

Playground games takes the current gen forza engine and makes Forza Horizon.
Turn10 makes Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
Been seeing reports of performance problems but I didn't have any issues.

I set resolution to 1440p and removed all dynamic options to set them to their highest but left AA at 2x. I haven't played the truck race but the Dubai and Nurburgring tracks were smooth as my eyes can see. Not to mention I've yet to download the new nVidia driver posted on the [H] front page.

What frame rate were you running at? (i.e. capped? vsync on at what refresh rate?) The reason I ask is my experience with FH3 was that I couldn't really go above 60fps if I wanted a totally stutter/hitching-free experience. Maybe it's the same with Forza 7? (haven't tried the demo yet)

What frame rate were you running at? (i.e. capped? vsync on at what refresh rate?) The reason I ask is my experience with FH3 was that I couldn't really go above 60fps if I wanted a totally stutter/hitching-free experience. Maybe it's the same with Forza 7? (haven't tried the demo yet)

Forza 7 seems to only have 30 or 60 with v-sync and non-sync options for those. No way for it to go above 60 it looks like.

I dont see an option for running 5760x1200. Hell its not even running in 1200p. Its 1080. My resolution options are 1080p, 1440p, 2.7k and 4k. Do i need to force resolution in nvcp?

I turned it all the way up on 1080p and 30FPS just to see and it had alot of stuttering in the audio and some in the video. The audio popping and stuttering happens in the menu to. GPU averaged about 50-60%

Here is my settings.
upload_2017-9-21_21-29-53.png

upload_2017-9-21_21-30-26.png

upload_2017-9-21_21-28-55.png

upload_2017-9-21_21-29-25.png

Last edited:
K I've got the demo on my laptop, don't have a controller though, see how she runs with wasd >D

Forza 7 seems to only have 30 or 60 with v-sync and non-sync options for those. No way for it to go above 60 it looks like.

If you're running a 60hz monitor than yeah. Otherwise you should be able to select other divisors of your refresh (like 165, 83, 55, 33 on my 165hz display, at least that's how it works with FH3.)

nvidia dropped a new driver today. Im downloading that now. see what it has in store.

Last edited:
I dont see an option for running 5760x1200. Hell its not even running in 1200p. Its 1080. My resolution options are 1080p, 1440p, 2.7k and 4k. Do i need to force resolution in nvcp?

I turned it all the way up on 1080p and 30FPS just to see and it had alot of stuttering in the audio and some in the video. The audio popping and stuttering happens in the menu to. GPU averaged about 50-60%

Use the resolution scaler. It goes up to 200%, but yeah, last I checked, the DSR options don't show beyond 4K - for me at least.

It's been a while since I've really gotten into a racing game, hopefully this is the one to do it. Went ahead and bought the ultimate edition, probably dumb of me but whatever. Hopefully I get my time out of it. Now to figure out if I want to just play with a controller on my current gear or get some stuff more suited to racing sims......

If you're running a 60hz monitor than yeah. Otherwise you should be able to select other divisors of your refresh (like 165, 83, 55, 33 on my 165hz display, at least that's how it works with FH3.)

FH3 and Apex do allow for uncapped FPS but this game doesn’t appear to. I have a 144hz display and I’m limited to the 4 options of 30 and 60 (each with a v-sync/no v-sync option).

the afterburner fps display was my crash issue. Seems to run smoother on the new driver. Still like one sound glitch where it plays the RPM it gets stuck but the game is still playing.

I have managed to somewhat tame the GT2RS.

Here is my settings.
View attachment 37160
View attachment 37161
View attachment 37157
View attachment 37158

It does support nVidia Surround, I just tried it by selecting native resolution. But a shit ton of stuttering. With SLI I have use SLI with Surround. 4k SLI was near silky smooth in the same scenario.

FH3 and Apex do allow for uncapped FPS but this game doesn’t appear to. I have a 144hz display and I’m limited to the 4 options of 30 and 60 (each with a v-sync/no v-sync option).
this is just the demo. did it not give you the "does not represent final product" spiel?

at least in the demo there's no other options besides 30/60 with vsync on or off.. i think i'm going to hold off buying the game until i see an actual option to use a higher refresh rate. every one keeps pointing at FH3 having this or that yet none of the extra options/features FH3 had are in F7 demo..

this is just the demo. did it not give you the "does not represent final product" spiel?

I get that but it's pretty rare that game settings aren't indicative of the final product. Usually that spiel is regarding the gameplay. I don't see why they'd neuter the game engine's settings for a demo especially if the demo also serves as a performance test of sorts for PC users.

I could be wrong though. They may very well patch in a setting for higher than 60 FPS and also add in the missing FPS counter that was present on Apex and FH3.

I get that but it's pretty rare that game settings aren't indicative of the final product. Usually that spiel is regarding the gameplay. I don't see why they'd neuter the game engine's settings for a demo especially if the demo also serves as a performance test of sorts for PC users.

I could be wrong though. They may very well patch in a setting for higher than 60 FPS and also add in the missing FPS counter that was present on Apex and FH3.
Well this is the same demo they showed at e3.

exactly its old and does not represent the final product. the settings could double for all we know....

blah blah blah

are you playing with stability control on? I can't seem to get around a corner at speed with the g920 without the car boomeranging. With stability control on, the car is super predictable, but I lose the ability to use throttle to oversteer. Thinking maybe the wheel is too sensitive and when I correct a skid, it overcorrects.

are you playing with stability control on? I can't seem to get around a corner at speed with the g920 without the car boomeranging. With stability control on, the car is super predictable, but I lose the ability to use throttle to oversteer. Thinking maybe the wheel is too sensitive and when I correct a skid, it overcorrects.

That could be. What wheel are you using, and how with how many degrees of rotation?

So whats everyones best times so far?

dialing in my wheel. 2:49.708 in the porsche for the lap, braking line, stability, and abs on. tcs off, simulation steering, rewind off, manual with clutch and 6spd shifter. will update as I dial it in but it's getting there.\

edit: 2:47.568
edit: 2:43.836
edit: 2:41.276

wish there was a restart button, hate having to go back to the menu to run again!

Last edited:
GT2RS - 2:40:743
The Lorry - 2:17:224
GTR - 2:09:566

Assists: Suggested line is braking only, ABS on, Simulation Steering, TCS/SM is off, Manual shifting, rewind is on and frictions assist is off and im using a controller.

GT2RS - 2:40:743
The Lorry - 2:17:224
GTR - 2:09:566

Assists: Suggested line is braking only, ABS on, Simulation Steering, TCS/SM is off, Manual shifting, rewind is on and frictions assist is off and im using a controller.

What controller? I'm confident I would be a bit quicker with the 360 controller I have, but I bought this wheel so.... gotta use it :D I think I just need some more time with it. And some of those hill climb turns are tough to decide 2nd or 3rd gear on.

Back