Forza Motorsport 7 thread

forza-motorsport-7.jpg

Forza Garage Week 3
Week 3 of the Forza Garage is here and, with it, we revealed more than 70 Japanese cars coming to Forza Motorsport 7, along with details on the body and wheel customization options that will be part of the game. You first saw the awesome widebody kit options in Forza Horizon 3 and I’m thrilled to say that, in addition to bringing back many of the widebody options that you loved in FH3, we’ve got new a number of new options that you’ve never seen before. In fact, there are new widebody options designed in house that run the gamut from underground setups to more race-inspired kits that I can’t wait for you all to see for yourselves.

Because we focused on Japanese cars this week, many of you noticed that Toyota was not included in the list. As you know, Forza Motorsport 7 will feature more than 700 cars at launch and our team is constantly working to license the vehicles that fans want to play. Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners. As a result, production Toyota vehicles are not represented in Forza 7. We’re as disappointed as you are about this news and, while we hope to bring Toyota production vehicles back to Forza games in the future, it is worth noting that a small number of Toyota race cars will be included in the game. Look for that list in a future edition of the Forza Garage.

This is news from earlier this month. However the uproar caused today over the missing Toyota GT-One made me look into it and sure enough it was licensing issues as i suspected.

Wonder if Lexus will be present.
Do we have any more details on why the licensing deal didn't work out? Did Toyota think they were in a position to demand an exorbitant amount of money? Really, the only cars I'm going to miss are the Supra and GT-ONE. Maybe the LFA.

There's Toyotas in Gran Turismo Sport but I don't believe Need For Speed Payback has any confirmed so far either.

There's Toyotas in Gran Turismo Sport but I don't believe Need For Speed Payback has any confirmed so far either.
Japanese company vs. American company licensing a Japanese brand. No surprise that favorites are probably being played here.

I think time may tell. They aren't going to reveal the reasons since it could impact having them in the game in the future.

If GT Sport is the only one with Toyotas then it's safe to say Polyphony Digital secured exclusivity.

Japanese company vs. American company licensing a Japanese brand. No surprise that favorites are probably being played here.

i don't think that really works, toyota is about as american of a company as it gets these days.. i think it ultimately came down to money and gran turismo was willing to fork over the cash required to make the deal exclusive.

Everyone loves a supra. Everyone.
not me. never understood the following, besides putting up huge, but mostly irrelevant, dyno numbers.

once again, their Lambo lineup is still halfed ass, you have the p400 Muira, but not the top SV or track SV/J. you have the weak the Fuel Injected QV countach, but not the more powerful Downdraft or the lighter, simpler LP400 periscopio. The car that started it all, is missing the 350gt, or its more powerful sibling the 400gt. what's worse is that these car have had incomplete and sometimes incorrect model used.

Maserati is in a similar state. where the original Ghibli, the 5000gt, the Bora, the Khasmin, the GranSport?

Hell even ferrari is missing some notable vehicles: 275 GTB/6, 308 GTBi QV, 365bb or 512BBi and arguably the 348 Speciale

All your points are well-taken, but it's still the most complete car lineup of any racing game, ever. But on top of the issues and missing models you mentioned, I'll bet you that bugs that have existed in some models since Forza 4 will still be there, like the boost gauge on the F40 that flakes out if you install bigger turbos, cars with horrible camera position in cockpit view that blocks all the gauges, etc. Turn10 has a horrible reputation for totally ignoring feedback on "small" issues like this.

I would give them a pass on Lambo if they hadn't shot their mouths off about the brand for FH3. Still I would like to see less duplicates (ie 458+458 speciale) in the name of getting more separate models.

More frustrating is that I am in a unique position to get them access to many of these cars to fix the small things,or even get photos to flesh out the models so things like engines can be seen, but I know I won't be able to get them to take any communication in regards to it seriously.

I would give them a pass on Lambo if they hadn't shot their mouths off about the brand for FH3. Still I would like to see less duplicates (ie 458+458 speciale) in the name of getting more separate models.

More frustrating is that I am in a unique position to get them access to many of these cars to fix the small things,or even get photos to flesh out the models so things like engines can be seen, but I know I won't be able to get them to take any communication in regards to it seriously.

That's basically my main beef with the Forza series these days... there is zero interaction between the community and the developer. Turn 10 became so big and successful that they pretty much just do whatever they want.

trailer kind of sucked IMHO, but im grateful theyre dropping a demo before launch

they're suggesting that a 1050ti can run 1080p 60fps. I'm hoping that means my 1070 has no problem doing it at 1440p. Fucking sweet! can't wait until the weekend

I hope this thing is ready out of the box. Don't want to find out my wheel isn't fully compatible or some nonsense. But that is also why I much appreciate a pre launch demo.

I guess we'll have a glimpse when this demo becomes available, but if I were a betting man I would definitely put money on this being much better out of the box than Forza Horizon 3.

I've cleared nearly all content in FH3 and expansions, debating what version of Forza 7 to buy right now.

Demo is live. Keep in mind this is just the e3 demo.

Also make sure you have the creators update for w10

Last edited:
I hope this thing is ready out of the box. Don't want to find out my wheel isn't fully compatible or some nonsense. But that is also why I much appreciate a pre launch demo.
Don't know about the demo, but Turn 10 has said they added support for "every wheel requested by the community," including:
  • Fanatec CSR
  • Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport V1
  • Fanatec CSL
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech MOMO
  • Logitech G920
  • Thrustmaster RGT
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster TX Leather
  • Thrustmaster 458 Spider
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
  • Mad Catz Pro

Damn, I guess that means I'm playing the Xbox version until the 1710 update comes out.

Just ripped through the demo. I'm playing on a Xbox One S controller. This is absolutely a day one purchase for me. Admittedly, this game is the primary reason I built a new gaming rig. Runs beautifully maxed out at 1440P; graphics are as good as anything I've seen. Handling characteristics are greatly improved from my initial impression. You get an actual sense of weight of the car and there becomes an ability to sense when the tires are getting to the limit. The other big thing that stuck out for me is the sounds. MASSIVE improvement in the sounds. Everything from turbo whistle, tire squeal, rain noise, etc. It's all so much better and I definitely will be playing with a nice set of headphones.

D/L the demo, it's worth a try. As for me, Turn10/Microsoft can have my $100.

Just ripped through the demo. I'm playing on a Xbox One S controller. This is absolutely a day one purchase for me. Admittedly, this game is the primary reason I built a new gaming rig. Runs beautifully maxed out at 1440P; graphics are as good as anything I've seen. Handling characteristics are greatly improved from my initial impression. You get an actual sense of weight of the car and there becomes an ability to sense when the tires are getting to the limit. The other big thing that stuck out for me is the sounds. MASSIVE improvement in the sounds. Everything from turbo whistle, tire squeal, rain noise, etc. It's all so much better and I definitely will be playing with a nice set of headphones.

Are you comparing to fm6 or fm apex?

thanks for the heads up.. didn't realize the creators update wasn't an automatic install when i installed w10 a few weeks ago.

Turn on DSR and go to 5K for even sharper visuals. It runs at 60FPS locked at 4K for me with a regular 1080. The only thing I'm gonna hate on is the demo. All the race settings are locked.

Are you comparing to fm6 or fm apex?

FM6 and Apex (which are very similar IMO, and really not that great.). I've pretty much stuck to FH3 or Asetto Corsa for my driving fix for the past year or so.

Turn on DSR and go to 5K for even sharper visuals. It runs at 60FPS locked at 4K for me with a regular 1080. The only thing I'm gonna hate on is the demo. All the race settings are locked.

I'll give it a shot, guessing you enabled DSR via GeForce settings?

FM6 and Apex (which are very similar IMO, and really not that great.). I've pretty much stuck to FH3 or Asetto Corsa for my driving fix for the past year or so.

Interesting. Reason I asked is because I thought fm7 was based heavily on the apex engine.

Right, the DSR in GF settings.

having never played any of the Forza games I'm guessing the Horizon games are more arcadey and more popular while Motorsport is more for the hard core racing sim fan

having never played any of the Forza games I'm guessing the Horizon games are more arcadey and more popular while Motorsport is more for the hard core racing sim fan

Yes, though the motorsports series are not really simulation games like a Asetto Corsa or project cars. More of a blend between arcade style and Sim. Lot of in game options though to make or approachable from all types of players.

They've added some new options this time around too if you want to make it less of sim. You can adjust Damage, Fuel and Tire wear and even set Friction Assist. I guess with Friction Assist, Braking Assist and Steering Assist all on, you could basically just mash the gas around the track.

The intro was definitely choppy on the demo but once driving it was fine. HDR shows as working once it starts but I have no idea what resolution the Xbox One S is rendering it at.

can no longer wait until the weekend, downloading demo to my laptop to play in 720p30 glory.

I'm getting about 87 fps on the in game benchmark, 3440x1440, all settings turned to max. Was using a driver from around May/June and I saw a significant stutter a few times per race, everything would be running smooth and then a big stutter out of nowhere. Updated driver and so far that stutter seems to have disappeared.

The game looks great, was really impressed with the rainy Nuremburg track. Dubai is also very nice, heat shimmer effects in the desert sand and such. There are three tracks to race, can't remember the name of the third but on that one they give you get a big Mercedes truck to race. I don't know what it says about my racing skills that I was terrible in the Porsche and Nissan, but in that giant truck I smoked the AI. There seems to be more shakiness to the camera especially in the cockpit cam. I think I liked it quite a lot.

Physics are really nice this time around. Wheel control is almost spot on this time around, but I still have to turn the linearity down since it's still too damned sensitive around the center even with 900 degree rotation. I set the linearity with my G920 to 35 and was doing great. Could probably turn it up to 40.

Glad to see they finally added a "driver" camera. The position and FOV from that camera view is pretty much spot on.

Physics are really nice this time around. Wheel control is almost spot on this time around, but I still have to turn the linearity down since it's still too damned sensitive around the center even with 900 degree rotation. I set the linearity with my G920 to 35 and was doing great. Could probably turn it up to 40.

Glad to see they finally added a "driver" camera. The position and FOV from that camera view is pretty much spot on.

I will also be using a G920 so thanks for your feedback. I know there has been some discussion (outrage) on the forza forums about the in car wheel animation not having a wheel that rotates 900 degrees. Can you confirm this is the case? You mention a driver camera; is that different than a cockpit cam from fm apex?

Where is the FPS display for the HUD?

My thoughts so far.

The game looks great but runs like crap. When im not around other cars it seems to run great but i still have some tuning to do in the video settings.

The truck on Mugello was pretty easy. It likes to push but its easier to maintain and its pretty fun since its all equal.

the GTR on Nurburgring. Wow just wow. This thing is love. It will adhere with light pushing but you can make it wag its tail if you want. It sounds amazing and so far this is my favorite.

The Porsche on Dubai is a love/hate. Im still acclimating to this from Horizon which is a pretty big change. The car seems like on/off switch. The screen shake is worse with this. Its only tolerable when using the cockpit view. Gonna turn off screen shake and try again tonight.

Sound is better with these cars. I hope they remastered all car sounds like this. I really wish the sound would accurately change with modifications(specifically exhaust).

I will also be using a G920 so thanks for your feedback. I know there has been some discussion (outrage) on the forza forums about the in car wheel animation not having a wheel that rotates 900 degrees. Can you confirm this is the case? You mention a driver camera; is that different than a cockpit cam from fm apex?
The wheel in the cockpit view always only rotated 180 degrees since Forza 3, and it is a shame they have never changed it.

The driver camera is different than the cockpit. The perspective is supposed to be from the driver's eyes, so you don't see the wide view of the cockpit with the entire dashboard and wheel, but it feels much more natural from a look ahead perspective and where the car is on the road.

Other tips for the G920 is to make sure you set the outer deadzone to 100 on everything, unless you like having full input range before the full mechanical range. I set the inner steering deadzone to 0, throttle to 2, and brake to 1. I set the clutch to 5 and 80, respectively. I have not tried playing around with the FFB settings, yet, but the defaults felt pretty good.

Back