Forza Motorsport 7 thread

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness

Like I said, and you can quote me on this: I will literally eat my own hat on a livestream (or at least attempt to with some condiments) if a fully featured (as in, equal features and content to the XBox version) version of Forza 7 is EVER released on Windows 10. You can quote me so I can't ninja edit.

KazeoHin October 3rd, 2017 is gonna be a good day!

Saw the video for it earlier today. I'm not a big fan of the forza games but buy one ever few years and play it for a while. I think I'll end up picking this up as it really does look good.

I can't friggin wait for this. So sick of playing the same races in Apex.

I soon as I heard him say either xbox 1x or win10 I started laughing thinking about how quick this thread would appear.

FH3 is the only racing game i finished, I had a good time playing it.

I only got into it because target had a price mistake at $20 right after release and I was still hesitant, otherwise I would've never gotten it.

If this improves on that i'd be interested to see what they do.

Sys Requirements are out.
upload_2017-6-15_23-21-11.png

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-motorsport-7/9nblggh4tnrt

Still only using feature level 11 like Apex and Horizon 3. That's a little disappointing.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt186615(v=vs.85).aspx

Reading through this feature level comparison I can't tell too much of a difference between 11 and 12. I mean I can see a few obvious feature set differences but because I don't know what they remotely mean I can't make a judgement on their decision to stick with it over 12.

No matter what the performance differences may be, it's still a bit strange to see a big name MS backed studio not trying to push MS's latest and greatest.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt186615(v=vs.85).aspx

Reading through this feature level comparison I can't tell too much of a difference between 11 and 12. I mean I can see a few obvious feature set differences but because I don't know what they remotely mean I can't make a judgement on their decision to stick with it over 12.

No matter what the performance differences may be, it's still a bit strange to see a big name MS backed studio not trying to push MS's latest and greatest.

11 is the minimum requirement - they want the game to run on older/slower cards and image quality will be rough regardless in that space.

The telling part will be if the maximum settings require or benefit from feature set 12. Scorpio supports it so I'd imagine they would take advantage just to squeeze everything out of the box that they can

We haven't seen the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS before.
I know there are new models coming from elsewhere, but my post was about the American cars in the game. I think the 2017 ZL1 is new, but that's about it.

I know there are new models coming from elsewhere, but my post was about the American cars in the game. I think the 2017 ZL1 is new, but that's about it.

Ah yeah, what new American make vehicles have been released in the past year, the Demon and the Trackhawk, maybe the Regal?

Ah yeah, what new American make vehicles have been released in the past year, the Demon and the Trackhawk, maybe the Regal?
Well not just newer cars, what about some more notable classics? The old and new Boss 302 would be nice to have. The Viper SRT10 Coupe never made it into a Forza game. Also looking at the list it appears they pruned it down further by getting rid of things like the classic Charger R/T and GT40. Also, who wants to drive the Polaris in a circuit racer? It was fun in Horizon 3, but come on... If they get rid of anything it should be the H1 HUMMER.

I'm also interested in more "common man" variants. I think they made a mistake by only including "top-of-the-line" models. As much as people despised it I liked when Gran Turismo included the full lineup of a model going back a few generations.

Well not just newer cars, what about some more notable classics? The old and new Boss 302 would be nice to have. The Viper SRT10 Coupe never made it into a Forza game. Also looking at the list it appears they pruned it down further by getting rid of things like the classic Charger R/T and GT40. Also, who wants to drive the Polaris in a circuit racer? It was fun in Horizon 3, but come on... If they get rid of anything it should be the H1 HUMMER.

I'm also interested in more "common man" variants. I think they made a mistake by only including "top-of-the-line" models. As much as people despised it I liked when Gran Turismo included the full lineup of a model going back a few generations.

They've only revealed 167 or so of the 700+ cars that are going to be in it, so there's still a chance we see more new stuff. I think GT Sport is finally going to get Sony/Poly back in the game, the beta steadily improved over the few months it was available and the only real issue I had was unlocking cars which I imagine was just a beta thing where you could only unlock one a day.

Any kind of time frame on this laid out yet?

You guys using controller or wheel and pedals? =]

Any kind of time frame on this laid out yet?

You guys using controller or wheel and pedals? =]
What do you mean? It launches September 29 for those who preordered the Ultimate Edition and October 3 for everyone else. No date on preloading yet, as far as I know. I saw a rumor that preloading would begin September 1. It was two weeks out with Horizon 3, if I recall correctly.

Ok....Dumb question....I have played Forza 6 Apex and the PC version had no multiplayer. Does anyone know if this will be the same ? I have looked at the description on the MS store and it only refers to Xbox live subscription.

Last edited:
Ok....Dumb question....I have played Forza 6 Apex and the PC version had no multiplayer. Does anyone know if this will be the same ? I have looked at the description on the MS store and it only refers to Xbox live subscription.
Pretty sure this is not an "apex" version (which was sort of a trial/demo) and it is a full-blown game (like Horizon 3) where there is multiplayer (but no XBL subscription needed for PC).

J5wMvvviuFnEUsBUD93rba.jpg

The PC version of the game will offer support for 21:9 monitors, 8x MSAA and 16x anisotropic filtering, a benchmark mode, and compatibility with more than 30 gamepads and wheels, "including every fan-requested wheel on the market."

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
  • Microsoft Xbox One Controller
  • Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
  • Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
  • Sony Dual Shock 4
  • Fanatec CSR
  • Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport V1
  • Fanatec CSL
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech MOMO
  • Logitech G920
  • Thrustmaster RGT
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster TX Leather
  • Thrustmaster 458 Spider
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
  • Mad Catz Pro
The demo is expected to be out in "the coming weeks"

Pre-ordered the ultimate edition. Normally I don't spring for the editions like this but KazeoHin eating a hat will surely make it the real ultimate edition!

so what else is coming with the ultimate edition? because all i can tell is that you're paying 20 dollars extra to play the game 4 days before everyone else. the deluxe edition comes with the same bundle.

Pretty sure this is not an "apex" version (which was sort of a trial/demo) and it is a full-blown game (like Horizon 3) where there is multiplayer (but no XBL subscription needed for PC).
Not only that, the multiplayer will be cross platform just like Horizon 3.

Picked up a gtx970 to replace my gtx760. I cannot wait to drive this in FM7 as it's a monster I'm FH3.

Attachments

• Hoonigan_Hoonicorn-Mustang_ForzaHorizon3.jpg
    Hoonigan_Hoonicorn-Mustang_ForzaHorizon3.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 55
Damn this is looking good.

I sunk way too many hours into the FH games. I was going to skip out on FM games since they can get monotonous but its getting harder the more I see

I would advise anybody planning on playing on PC only to hold off any preorders until some solid post-launch reports are out in the field (by places like DigitalFoundry.) Forza Horizon 3 was a complete clusterfuck on PC for months.

forza-motorsport-7.jpg

Forza Garage Week 3
Week 3 of the Forza Garage is here and, with it, we revealed more than 70 Japanese cars coming to Forza Motorsport 7, along with details on the body and wheel customization options that will be part of the game. You first saw the awesome widebody kit options in Forza Horizon 3 and I’m thrilled to say that, in addition to bringing back many of the widebody options that you loved in FH3, we’ve got new a number of new options that you’ve never seen before. In fact, there are new widebody options designed in house that run the gamut from underground setups to more race-inspired kits that I can’t wait for you all to see for yourselves.

Because we focused on Japanese cars this week, many of you noticed that Toyota was not included in the list. As you know, Forza Motorsport 7 will feature more than 700 cars at launch and our team is constantly working to license the vehicles that fans want to play. Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners. As a result, production Toyota vehicles are not represented in Forza 7. We’re as disappointed as you are about this news and, while we hope to bring Toyota production vehicles back to Forza games in the future, it is worth noting that a small number of Toyota race cars will be included in the game. Look for that list in a future edition of the Forza Garage.

This is news from earlier this month. However the uproar caused today over the missing Toyota GT-One made me look into it and sure enough it was licensing issues as i suspected.

Wonder if Lexus will be present.

Back