Forza Motorsport 7 Delivers the Ultimate PC Racing Experience

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
That’s what Turn 10 and Microsoft alleges, having discussed the game’s PC specifications during gamescom. While the game looks (and presumably plays) great, they’ve tweaked the title so less intensive hardware is required to run it: the minimum CPU requirement has been reduced to an i5-750, meaning that budget systems, including certain Ultrabooks, can play the game. Options include benchmark mode, 21:9 display support, 8x MSAA, 16x anisotropic filtering, and an unlocked framerate.

…we’ve built Forza Motorsport 7 from the ground up to be the ultimate PC racing game, with native 4K resolution and unlocked framerate on high-end Windows 10 PCs, Xbox Play Anywhere and cross-play functionality, as well as support for multiple monitors, 21:9 displays and numerous peripherals. Plus, with more than 700 cars and 30 tracks, dynamic skies and weather, and an all-new campaign inspired by real-world racing, we’re excited to see PC gamers live their motorsport fantasies this holiday and join our community of more than five million monthly active players.

Could be good, we will see.

Edit: Oh, and I am sure it will be from the Microsoft Store since it is a MS Game. That said, do you all expect Steam games, if they actually produced their own, that is, should be on the MS Store?

Looks good, nice to see MS taking the PC side of their games more seriously.

Next up: bring us a mainstream Halo title!

That said, do you all expect Steam games, if they actually produced their own, that is, should be on the MS Store?
I would say it doesn't really matter. Windows Store only works on 10, Steam works on any Windows version (and Linux/macOS).
I mean if Microsoft wants to give up money in hopes of exclusives making more people use 10 then have at it.

My question(s) still remains... VR support? Also, FOV adjusting? And finally, The camera view of just the dash behind the wheel? It's hilarious that when you drive with 900 Degree wheel rotation, the hands/wheel only turn 180 degrees total with the driver seat view. Not very realistic or fully immersible from that perspective, only because that isn't realistic at all as we drive hand over hand in some cornering scenarios. And isn't that what all this hoopla and tech is about with regards to visual immersion? BTW, FH3 even though it doesn't have these features I listed above (as other years old PC racers do) it's still my favorite racing game ever. Please bring in these other features to prove you are there for PC gamers and sim racing enthusiasts everywhere!

Forza 6 Apex (which is DX12 only) was a great early look at how Forza would perform on PC (and it had a decent amount of graphics and config options), so I expect better from 7. Apex is a UWP game, so I have no doubt Forza 7 will be as well. Which means I will once again be left out. I hope at least the game is XPA. I'm pretty sure the next Halo game will be as well. It seems all Microsoft-published games are going XPA, which normally I would say is fucking awesome, if not for UWP, being stuck on Win10, and being only available through the Windows Store. I admit I did grab Gears of War 4 (at 50% off) despite UWP, but that was thanks to XPA, and cuz I wanted to support the devs for their excellent DX12 performance, offline/LAN support, and cross-system co-op/multiplayer. It's too bad the whole entire industry isn't moving wholesale to Vulkan. Speaking of which, where's Doom 4 on Linux, huh Bethesda? Where the fuck is it?!

EDIT: Oh look, there's going to be a Forza 7 demo. Too bad I won't be able to check it out on my own machine. And so my Logitech G27 goes to waste, again. Oh good, it says Forza 7 is XPA, that's what I expected. So the game comes out Sept 29th huh? Didn't realize it was so soon.

Last edited:
I hope that this PC version retains all the enhancements that they made for the Scorpio, such as dynamic cube mapping.

But I would not be surprised if they actually hold that back, and try to tell us that the Scorpio is more powerful than a PC.

I would say it doesn't really matter. Windows Store only works on 10, Steam works on any Windows version (and Linux/macOS).
I mean if Microsoft wants to give up money in hopes of exclusives making more people use 10 then have at it.
How long do you think you will avoid it for, it's inevitable at some point. I mean may as well be using MS DOS right?

Edit: Oh, and I am sure it will be from the Microsoft Store since it is a MS Game. That said, do you all expect Steam games, if they actually produced their own, that is, should be on the MS Store?

They expect to sell any if its from the windows store? Most people I know have eradicated that from their system lol.

We hate corporate monopolistic powers.

I want all my games on Steam!

Hypocrites. :ROFLMAO:

I've mostly avoided the ms store, not for ideological reasons, but because I had found it didn't work all that well technically and it didn't used to let you pick drives to install things to and whatnot. I think they've probably fixed most of it but I was very underwhelmed initially. Also it wasn't really easy to switch accounts because it assumes the account goes with the windows login but I have several kids and they share games sometimes. Again this might have been fixed/improved, that's just what I remember.

I've mostly avoided the ms store, not for ideological reasons, but because I had found it didn't work all that well technically and it didn't used to let you pick drives to install things to and whatnot. I think they've probably fixed most of it but I was very underwhelmed initially. Also it wasn't really easy to switch accounts because it assumes the account goes with the windows login but I have several kids and they share games sometimes. Again this might have been fixed/improved, that's just what I remember.
True. I've ran into an instance where the store just forgot all my licenses for some reason and I had to do some convoluted process to get them back. This was just a couple months ago.

I might have actually bought it but it seems Microsoft only wants to sell to Win10 users. Project Cars2 will be out soon anyway and that has Indycar.

How long do you think you will avoid it for, it's inevitable at some point. I mean may as well be using MS DOS right?
I'm in no rush, tried it out when I built my system back in Jan. It worked for a week then after an update started blue-screening on boot, copied over my 7 install with no issues.
In answer to your question: No more security updates 2020, so that seems like a good enough time, unless I get a better reason (comparing 7 to MS-DOS isn't one).

I had a similar problem in win10, but it was with updates. They just stopped working completely.. Went back to Win7 and it's been rock solid. Oh well.

If it doesn't have VR support, it's not the ultimate PC racing experience, sorry. Not even close.

Last edited:
Back