Forza Motorsport 6: Apex thread

oh well, ill live without. I don't want to reload windows and other than this ive had no issues.

Yes it does! It has three modes. a game mode that does not work with forza but does with other games, an active window mode that does seem to work with everything and a third option I can't remember right now. The active window mode gives me the in game fps display I was looking for. The fps display box has the fps and dx/opengl version but says "aero" when forza runs. Guessing cause its a borderless full screen window. It also works for aots and street fighter 5!

I'm using dxtory 2.0.134. i think it crashes when it tries to hook on anything dx12. yeah I am using insider preview maybe that's it idk. when I try and get it going I already have dxtory open and showing but I haven't tried with it open and minimized. I just tried with dxtory minimized and game does not crash but I get no osd or recording. it does seem to work with dx9/10/11 as my other games work and the osd shows up, even in crimson settings.
while writing this reply ive been testing and find that if th dxtory window is open, not minimized, it crashes. if dxtory is minimized I get no crash but no osd either.
just about ready to say screw it and wait for AB/Rivatuner to be updated. glad I didn't buy dxtory.
I don't use insider builds yet it just fails to recognise Forza completely. I guess that I need to double check ignore list if there's something that could cause this.

I wonder if it's because I've installed it on D partition instead of C.

Last edited:
Just a tip. For some reason sleep mode on my PC breaks audio in this game. I have to bring the computer out of sleep and reboot then everything works. Lately my computer is not sleeping right and I think its going into hibernation vs sleep. Anyways just in case anyone in counters this. I am just supprised how smooth its running on my 290 and 1440p res.

Game still crashes on the loading screen :/ Event viewer is blaming an NV file, so I might have to wait for a driver update.

(GTX 970)

I wonder if it's because I've installed it on D partition instead of C.
I thought this might be my problem too but half my games are on one drive the other half on another but it did not seem to care where they were. it did work with older games on either drive, just not for forza, aots and sf5. Action! seems to work for everything.

Microsoft Store won't let you download Forza 6 APEX unless your system meets the minimum requirements?

MS won't let you download the Forza Beta if they think you can't run it. • /r/pcmasterrace

Top comment in that thread I think explains it.
Technically, my rig is below the minimums and it allowed me to download without any issue. I didn't even realize I hadn't had the latest ATI drivers installed until it gave me a warning about my driver version.

The PC master race is full of fucktards.

Managed to score inside top 300 worldwide on one racetrack using an ancient keyboard (only banged up my car slightly)
ForzaMotorsportApex%202016-05-09%2020-43-03-427_zpsvrihv0ms.png

possibly. if you have it set to ultra dynamic it may not actually be running at ultra all the time, hence the dynamic part. I got smoother performance by locking in my settings to 1440p high. it also lets you turn down effect you don't want/use. like I never use cockpit view so I turn windshield reflects to low, didn't like so much lens flare so turned that down too.

This game has some quirks about it that are really pissing me off but i dont know how far down they cut the game so its hard to complain.

There is also some things i would love to see. Stuff they did in 6 that they need to fix and new stuff.

gotta keep in mind that they are just "testing the water" with this release and it is still in "beta". if I understand what ive read correctly they will eventually work this beta into a full version of apex, not full forza motorsport. then after this there will be full motorsport titles starting with 7

Very nice so far. Ive got about four races in. The rain track was gorgeous! Sollid 60fps maxed at 4K DSR..Card temps are a few degrees lower than most games.. DX12 efficiency??

By the way, it's best to force AF through driver. The in-game anisotropic filtering is subpar.

In-game 16xAF:
ingamesrs1a.png

Driver high quality 16xAF:
driverhqafo2s31.png

By the way, it's best to force AF through driver. The in-game anisotropic filtering is subpar.

In-game 16xAF:
ingamesrs1a.png

Driver high quality 16xAF:
driverhqafo2s31.png
Wow, that looks more like bilinear filtering, which I haven't seen in a good 15 years. There is no reason to not use 16xAF all the time these days.

I had enterprise 8.1 and upgraded to 10. I'm up to date on everything but the store is saying that I need to upgrade to 10. I'm not at my machine right now but the version number is a lot longer than just 4 numbers.

I had enterprise 8.1 and upgraded to 10. I'm up to date on everything but the store is saying that I need to upgrade to 10. I'm not at my machine right now but the version number is a lot longer than just 4 numbers.
I don't know how Enterprise works, but in Pro if you go to Settings -> System -> About you'll find the version there.

If you've recently upgraded to from 8.1 to 10, you'll need to wait a month before you can upgrade to Version 1511 through windows updates. You need to create a disk and manually do it. Also make sure you're not on the LTSB version of Enterprise.

This is the iso you'll want to use to ugprade it: en_windows_10_enterprise_version_1511_updated_feb_2016_x64_dvd_8378876

I upgraded back in October or whenever it was made available..

MS knowledgebase says to use this:

Windows 10

Hopefully it works and doesn't wipe my machine..

Last edited:
So far my favorite races are Sebring with the C7R and the one with the wtcc civic. Brutal! The first and second corners are like demolition derby.

Back