Forza Motorsport 6: Apex thread

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Its Free
Its basically the beta for the Forza series on PC platform. So its limited but over time they will flesh out over the summer.

Whats the catch?
Its DirectX12 only so Windows 10 is required. Also its not the full game. Its a little stripped down as its a beta.

When does it come out:
May 5th.

How many cars? Tracks?
63 cars, 6 tracks

Minimum System requirements:
  • Windows 10 x64 Version 1511
  • Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7GHz
  • GeForce GT740 / Radeon R7 250x
  • 30GB Disk Space
  • 8GB System RAM
  • 2GB Video Ram
  • Direct X 12

Recommended System requirements(1080p @ 60FPS) :

• Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6GHz
  • GeForce GT970 / Radeon R9 290x
  • 30GB Disk Space
  • 12GB System RAM
  • 4GB Video Ram
  • Direct X 12

Minimum System requirements:

• Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4GHz
  • GeForce GT980ti / Radeon Fury X
  • SSD 30GB Disk Space
  • 16GB System RAM
  • 6+GB Video Ram
  • Direct X 12

Forza Motorsport - Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta

There were prolly 12 threads made on this. Many ended in rumurs. So I made an official thread since its been announced to try and keep discussion in one place.
or they have turned to dx11 vs dx12 or nv vs amd arguments. its f'n frustrating! maybe this thread will stay on topic!
I hope amd release some drivers for this. the last set, 16.4.2, are really buggy on my system.

Yep!

im pretty excited. I partitioned off my SSD and now have windows 10 dual booting just for this game only.

I wonder if this will have ultrawide resolution support (21:9), otherwise I won't buy it.

I wonder if this will have ultrawide resolution support (21:9), otherwise I won't buy it.

Not to start a thread crap, but Microsoft has a history of NOT supporting ANYTHING outside of vanilla, white-bread setups.

16:9 @ 60 Hz, no SLI or CFX, high-refresh, freesync or Gsync support

F2P means P2W?

Am excited. I have a Windows 10 that I don't use but happy to download this for the fuck of it.

Guys... I just had a bit of a theory.

My theory: we will NEVER see a full Forza game on PC. These free Forza games are most likely the 'first hit' method of getting more people purchasing and playing the XBone versions.

"Hey this was fun, I hear the Xbox version has way more cars, and tracks, and livery editing, and multiplayer modes, and tuning options.... "

I'm so ready for this. I wanted GT/Forza on PC for years.
Me to man!
Likely not at first. It's a beta. They will flesh it out as it goes.
Not to start a thread crap, but Microsoft has a history of NOT supporting ANYTHING outside of vanilla, white-bread setups.

16:9 @ 60 Hz, no SLI or CFX, high-refresh, freesync or Gsync support

Your right but turn10 has control of the game so its not 100% Microsoft's control. Plus it seems like they are trying to develop UWP. We all know of Microsoft's history but just trying to be optimistic.
F2P means P2W?

Am excited. I have a Windows 10 that I don't use but happy to download this for the fuck of it.
It's a beta. It's free. There is nothing to buy.

My theory: we will NEVER see a full Forza game on PC. These free Forza games are most likely the 'first hit' method of getting more people purchasing and playing the XBone versions.

"Hey this was fun, I hear the Xbox version has way more cars, and tracks, and livery editing, and multiplayer modes, and tuning options.... "
They already announced all future forza games will come to PC. It makes no sense to develop games on another platform if it's gimped. This is the only one that will be free as it's a beta. All other versions will not be free.

As stated above, MS is bringing all future Forza titles to the PC. As for Forza 6, they had three options. 1) Port it to PC, bring it out over a year after the console version, thus delaying Forza 7 for the PC. 2) Don't release it, start with Forza 7. Or, 3) Bring a Forza 6-lite to the PC to prep the game engine for future PC releases.

This release is as much for MS to have future Forza releases in lock-step with the PC version, as it is for us to get essentially an expanded demo of the current generation of the game prior to the eventual sequels.

Hey, I'd love to be wrong. But when Forza 7 comes out and the PC version is another highly cut-down demo with 'apex' in the title, just remember my prophecy.

Hey, I'd love to be wrong. But when Forza 7 comes out and the PC version is another highly cut-down demo with 'apex' in the title, just remember my prophecy.

Then you should probably take the WCCFtech approach and make numerous conflicting guesses. That way most only remember the correct guess and you look like a genius.

You should probably go look up UWP so you have an idea of the platform. It might give you some insight on what they are going to do. Maybe then you'll see the fallacy in your prophecy

Downloading...
forzafok1m.png

It's a bit weird that Microsoft's UWP apps do not honour OS language.It seems to use region's language instead.

Th
Downloading...
It's a bit weird that Microsoft's UWP apps do not honour OS language.It seems to use region's language instead.

It's weird that the description is in English though, although it may be because it only has a handful of supported languages as opposed to the Windows Store ones.

Finally finished and loading it up now, put that free GTR they gave out to good use.

It's definitely glitchy in the menu after the first race, sound is off or something. They just drop you in Rio with a Ford GT and have you go for it. Didn't get to adjust any video or audio settings, everything looks like the xbox one version so far.

It's definitely glitchy in the menu after the first race, sound is off or something. They just drop you in Rio with a Ford GT and have you go for it. Didn't get to adjust any video or audio settings, everything looks like the xbox one version so far.
They have dropped you directly into the intro race ever since Forza 3, and it has always pissed me off.

They have dropped you directly into the intro race ever since Forza 3, and it has always pissed me off.

Yeah, but it didn't matter on a console as much.

Got done that race and another and then my save file corrupted trying to get into the Golf R. Looks like you'll only have enough coins to get one of the bottom level car for each new race and they'll let you pay to unlock a higher tier car.

Auto-brake for all without the options to remove that?

This got to be a joke.
If it's like the console version you'll be able to change your assists after the first forced race in the '17 GT.

On Reddit, someone say the options is when you push escape or before a race but in my version I did not have it.

Good news I found out how to uninstall that crap.

If you finish your first race or two, the tutorial shows you how to alter/disable the assists, including braking.

all the assists are in the options. you just need to look harder. AND you can change settings within the first race. just pause it and go into the visual options.

edit: you cannot change the assit settings during the first race. you can change then after the first race or before you start a new race.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.png
    New Bitmap Image.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Not bad... Not bad at all. It's extremely well optimised.
screenshot153z1jjx.jpg

Yup licensing issues.
Game runs great. Did have a bit of stutter when everything is set to dynamic. Played with the settings and got it smoothed out. 280x @ 1440p high settings is nice and smooth. No fps display but it looks like 60fps...

Back