Forza Motorsport 2 Info (Screenshots, Partial Car List)

Jerome36

2[H]4U
TeamXbox.com as well as Forza Motorsport 2.net has some new information about the game. It was already said the game would launch, in North America, sometime in May. Now Turn 10 and Microsoft Game Studios are saying the game will release in Europe in May as well.

They also gave a partial car list, featuring Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, and Porsche models:

2005 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
1991 Ferrari 512 TR
1998 Ferrari F355 Challenge
1984 Ferrari GTO
2004 Ferrari F430
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
1987 Ferrari F40
1995 Ferrari F50
2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
2006 Maserati GranSport
2004 Maserati MC12
2003 Porsche Boxster S
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997)
1987 Porsche 959
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1970 Porsche 914/6
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder

Finally, some new screens:

http://forzamotorsport.net/NR/rdonlyres/5D23EC82-0E85-4818-8533-CED68E59CE8A/7668/Lamborghini_02.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/NR/rdonlyres/5D23EC82-0E85-4818-8533-CED68E59CE8A/7667/911Turbo_02.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/NR/rdonlyres/5D23EC82-0E85-4818-8533-CED68E59CE8A/7669/Lamborghini_04.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/NR/rdonlyres/5D23EC82-0E85-4818-8533-CED68E59CE8A/7670/911Turbo_04.jpg

Please do not hotlink images which you do not own. If you wish to use pictures use a free service like Imageshack or Photobucket. -Rich

Looks good, need to fix the lighting though, too cartoonish/unrealistic imo. Cars look amazing though.

looks pretty good. Graphics look similar to my 7900GT, but i think the 7900gt is better :p

IMO those graphics look terrible. PGR3 and Test Drive look way better. The GT HD demo blows all of these games away. However, it was always the gameplay and customizability that made the original Forza so good. Those graphics look like crap though, definately a HUGE step back in racing games.

Looks good, need to fix the lighting though, too cartoonish/unrealistic imo. Cars look amazing though.

I agree it looks a bit "cartoonish". It's the same problem with PGR3, everything looks far too oversaturated for my taste. GT:HD (and GT5) both look much better, IMO.

Nice to see them using some anti-aliasing in there, maybe we'll see a good bit of AF as well (lack of AF really hurt PGR3 hopefully they'll get it running for this release).

Damage Modelling FTW, I could care less if GT:HDemo has pertier graphics. If my car can hit the one in front of me at 150 mph and we both come out unscathed.....wtf mate?

I gladly give up a bit of graphics for the type of physics, damage, and customization that Forza offers. Its all about the gameplay.

Damage Modelling FTW, I could care less if GT:HDemo has pertier graphics. If my car can hit the one in front of me at 150 mph and we both come out unscathed.....wtf mate?

I gladly give up a bit of graphics for the type of physics, damage, and customization that Forza offers. Its all about the gameplay.

QFTMFTBBQ

I'll admit I was hoping for more eye candy but it doesn't look bad (agree that the wheel blur isn't blurry enough though). If it plays well though I'll nab it.

That's what I love about Forza...no Corollas or Civics and plenty of classic Ferrari and Porsche.:cool:....and LAMBO!!

I agree that the environments need work. I think it's lighting...the lighting on the cars looks nice, but the environments are bland. Some nice shading could possibly fix that.

I said that in the GT:HD thread when the demo was released and I was flamed, but I completely agree. I think the damage modeling is a significant feature that seperates Forza from GT:HD.

Forza has done more in one iteration, then GT has done in 3. Online mode anyone?

I want pics of cars that are fully decked out in decals and custom paints, as wel as new body work.

that crap looks amazing.

damage and the focus seems to be on the cars where it should be. who gives a crap if the mountain you are driving by 150 mph looks a tad fake? you are going to be watching the road and your half tore up car from slamming into the walls that whole last lap. i cannot wait.

That's what I love about Forza...no Corollas or Civics and plenty of classic Ferrari and Porsche.:cool:....and LAMBO!!

How is just racing exclusively high end muscle cars fun.

I can understand not wanting to race the ultra low end 40 hp Suzuki Alto but I'ed honestly rather have the mid and lower end cars available. Thats what I hated about PGR3, you end up driving some of the best cars in the game with very very little time invested. I fact I've probably only put about 6 or 8 hours on PGR as a result.

I'm not trying to be a GT !!!!! but I do like that aspect of the game. I'll check out Forza 2 but I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed for the same reason.

IMO those graphics look terrible. PGR3 and Test Drive look way better. The GT HD demo blows all of these games away. However, it was always the gameplay and customizability that made the original Forza so good. Those graphics look like crap though, definately a HUGE step back in racing games.

are you blind? these shots rival GT:HD and both make PGR3 look very "cartoony", i am a big fan of all three racing games and have owned all of them other than GT:HD as i have no PS3, but to say that looks like crap and worse than PGR3 is utter nonsense

i suggest you see a few of the FM2 vs. PGR3 screenshot comparisons

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/47443.aspx

my copy was paid for about a week after Gamestop started taking preorders.....cant wait

I want pics of cars that are fully decked out in decals and custom paints, as wel as new body work.

Ew, why would you want to ruin the beauty of a Ferrari or Porsche with gay ass decals and paint? I take back my comment if you mean GT decals and team colors, because I hope you don't mean ricing out one of these beasts :eek:

How is just racing exclusively high end muscle cars fun.

I can understand not wanting to race the ultra low end 40 hp Suzuki Alto but I'ed honestly rather have the mid and lower end cars available. Thats what I hated about PGR3, you end up driving some of the best cars in the game with very very little time invested. I fact I've probably only put about 6 or 8 hours on PGR as a result.

I'm not trying to be a GT !!!!! but I do like that aspect of the game. I'll check out Forza 2 but I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed for the same reason.
Oh...you do start out with slower, more pedestrian cars in Forza until you build up some money and unlock new classes.....but even the starting cars are more interesting than a 3 cylinder econobox.;)

Cannot believe some of you are bashing those pictures, especially the Porsche ones. :confused:

Having full damage and customization with THOSE graphics? GT cannot touch that. And if you think they cancelled GT:HD for any reason other than it being impossible for them to make the graphics like that with a full grid then get real.

these shots rival GT:HD

No...they really don't. I'd never really looked into GT:HD at all but graphically Forza 2 really can't touch it. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, and the damage will make it more interesting, but straight up graphical beauty...HD has an edge.

I'd still take Forza over GT though...

IMO those graphics look terrible.

Terrible?! Terrible?! Please... :rolleyes: There are areas of the game, or at least in screenshots I've seen, that I think could use more work, but terrible?! Come on... If you really think they're terrible you have lost all credibility in my opinion ;)

These Forza 2 screenshots look better then PGR3 as well. The link nobody_here posted pretty much shows that. Even if this graphics aren't "OMG REALISTIC," the game should still be great. I for one cannot wait.

While GT:HD does not have damage modeling, the creator of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, says that Gran Turismo 5 will feature damage modeling.

No...they really don't. I'd never really looked into GT:HD at all but graphically Forza 2 really can't touch it. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, and the damage will make it more interesting, but straight up graphical beauty...HD has an edge.

i agree, no matter what i really can't see forza being graphically better than GT. however, everything else that forza has to offer (and what made me buy the first forza) should make it the better buy. damage modeling, great physics, great gameplay, xbox live, etc., its all there.

i said rival...not surpass....GT"HD does look slightly better graphically, but they aren't far off, the only time you would notice the difference between the two is in still screenshots anyways...

While GT:HD does not have damage modeling, the creator of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, says that Gran Turismo 5 will feature damage modeling.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I think I will see it in no less than 2 years. I mean it took them how long to simply upgrade a few cars and tracks for the GT:HD demo? Now multiply that by 100....and your waiting a looong time. Not to mention damage modelling will take even longer. I have a sneaking suspicion the damage "modelling" will actually just be the crap that is in current games like PGR3 where your mirror might get dented, or the rear spoiler bends slightly. That is damage faking IMO, not damage modelling.

Yah know, i think it's easy to make GT:HD look good in "picture mode" from replays, however in this post ( http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=940994&postcount=184 ) on another forum you can see there really isn't much between the two, even in these crappy pics. However, i will not buy another GT game until there are damage models, a true online mode, and freaking skid marks dude(seriously wtf).

The final judgement will be how the car models look IN GAME. Have you ever noticed how (NFS: Carbon is a good example) some games the cars look great when you view them in the garage but then when you join a race they don't look quite as good? Fire up NFS: Carbon and you'll see that the graphics differ not only from garage to race but also look a bit better when you are doing a checkpoint race where other cars don't have to be rendered. The replay in GT has always been amazing for every generation of game in the series but when your car doesn't look the same in-race, takes no damage, can't flip over or even do donuts (!) then it takes away a little of the immersiveness. The damage modeling in Forza was kinda weak compared to some other games but it still added something to the game imo.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I think I will see it in no less than 2 years. I mean it took them how long to simply upgrade a few cars and tracks for the GT:HD demo? Now multiply that by 100....and your waiting a looong time. Not to mention damage modelling will take even longer. I have a sneaking suspicion the damage "modelling" will actually just be the crap that is in current games like PGR3 where your mirror might get dented, or the rear spoiler bends slightly. That is damage faking IMO, not damage modelling.

QFT. GT titles are notoriously good at taking forever and scaling down their original promises. We'll have forza in may.

I agree... its all about in game. The GT series always had amazing replays but the in-game wasn't as good (same with PGR3). On top of that, this generation is all about lighting effects. It is really hard to get a feel for real time lighting from a screenshot. Wait until you see both games in motion before passing judgment.

I hated not having damage in the GT series... as every race can be won the same way: get the fastest car and then ram everyone out of your way at corner entry. I also hated the little details that they overlooked in Forza. Such as: the exhaust not getting bigger after buying a racing exhaust; after purchasing racing slicks, your car's tires would still show tread. I also hated the way the wheels looked while in motion. Unfortunately, it looks like that is back for Forza 2. And please, for the love of god, please allow me to apply decals to the WHOLE car in the paintshop. Putting stripes on a car is a royal pain in the ass when you have to apply them to separate body panels. I also can't wait try the wheel out for this game, I just hope they bundle it and save me a little money.

Graphics are decent, but not what i was hoping from all the hype about how this will rival GT:HD in graphics.

Looks good dont get me wrong and I have already preordered this for my 360 as well and catn wait to get into some online duels.

GT will say that they will have damage modeling but they wont. HD looks nice during replay, but to say the game looks as great while playing is retarded. All GT games have been this way, they look 20x better during the replays, sweet let my do an endurance race for 2 hours, just to watch the replay to get the photo realism on my non-damageable matchbox cars, wheeee. PS3 fan-bois ftl.

GT will say that they will have damage modeling but they wont. HD looks nice during replay, but to say the game looks as great while playing is retarded. All GT games have been this way, they look 20x better during the replays, sweet let my do an endurance race for 2 hours, just to watch the replay to get the photo realism on my non-damageable matchbox cars, wheeee. PS3 fan-bois ftl.

Apparently you havent played GT:HD in 1080p. The game while playing looks stunning. Sure the replays look even better, but even the forza2 doesnt stack up tot he GT:HD play graphics.

GT5 is being built from the ground up too, so we can expect it to be superior even compared to GT:HD.

But hey Forza is a fun game and i look forward to buying it. Sad some ppl cant get another system and enjoy both worlds.

I like Forza because it offers more opponents, in a race, car damage, superior physics, car/body customization, online play, and many argue better opponent AI.

I'd take GT's car handling physics over crash modeling any day of the week. I race cars every weekend, and I can honestly tell you that the physics of GT are more accurate than PGR (drift happy) and Forza. That is, unless they do something about physics in Forza 2.

I'd take GT's car handling physics over crash modeling any day of the week. I race cars every weekend, and I can honestly tell you that the physics of GT are more accurate than PGR (drift happy) and Forza. That is, unless they do something about physics in Forza 2.
I agree GT's handling physic's are far superior to Forza's. I like Forza but it's always reminded me of a PGR with customization and that's about it. Forza will never surpass GT when you look at the complete package, never,and it will never be as popular. I know several people that bought PS2's just to have the GT games that can't stand video games whatsoever and I don't like the whole invest 45min and your driving a lambo shit because getting the cars so easily makes having them not much of a treat, just like PGR. But racing a economy car around for 3 hours just to buy a stang and then finally getting out there on the strip and hearing that rumble is priceless.:D

Back