Forza makes me ask; How do I play this?

Ok, so I've seen all the beautiful screenshots and videos from the third Forza game coming out this fall. I went back and put in my copy of Forza 2 that I got with my Xbox 360, and I found myself asking the question "What is the proper way to play this game?".

Is the point to collect the most cars? Is the point to tune the car you get to go as far as you can?

What is the concept behind tuning your car out of it's class .. if you perform different modifications, it does different things to the car, so you are left choosing "what mods do I want that will keep me in the class my races are in". Is it smarter to buy cars within the class of race you wish to participate, or tune other cars to get there.

Is the point of the game to force these decisions or is there a "smart" way to play. Is there a methodical way to go about getting cars that are very good for their class without playing some giant random guessing game of tuning parts and picking cars?

I guess I am just left confused on the choices of what cars to use for what races, and if I should mess around adding performance mods.

Anyone have some advice for me so I can be ready to play and get a lot more out of Forza 3 when it is released?

there's pretty much a couple basic goals as i see it

either you want to master a particular car type (FWD, AWD, RWD) and track, and work on setting records on lap times, once you figure out what drivetrain you like best, you can find your favorite class, like mine is probably B class, with A a close second, thats when you find out one particular car might excel being built to B700, but at A850 it is really bad.....or another car that was great as a high C550 class is poor at a B700...finding the proper balance of power and weight and grip for each car, finding what works best for you and then building tunes that are specific to each track you like the most.....

or

you want to use the creative side and create elaborate graphics on the cars and become someone who makes cars people pay huge sums of money for on the auction house....

those are the two most common types of Forza players in my opinion, been playing Forza2 since it came out, already have a copy of the LE Forza3 waiting for me :)

i am personally the competitive type, my cars can look pretty much any way they want, but i will spend my time changing out parts and tuning and track testing to perfect my personal goals

many passive types dont really care about how fast their car is, they put fantastic paint on stock slow cars and sell them for big bucks, but its what they like to do....

Umm basicly play it how you want. After the beginning races you'll have enough money to buying the cars you want and modding them how you want. A lot of it is more of collecting the cars you like first and modifying it to perform like you want. For example the Honda/Acura NSX is my dream car so I started out in Japan, making Japanese cars cheaper for me and after I acquired an NSX, I built it up to allow me to be competitive in races. Of course certain race series will require a particular car class, region, make, or etc.

You really don't have to think about it that much, just play and you will get plenty of coin to buy whatever you want.

Back