Forza Horizon 5 (Mexico)

Just because a single game in the series' 17 year history won't make its usual 2 year release? The delayed release to me bodes well. It makes me think they're actually taking the time to rebuild it despite promises from prior entries.
Hopefully. FM5 was crap and the licensing bullshit really hurt FM7. And that ignores the other bullshit of homologizing all the cars. I Want more tracks/circuits, more variety in actual vehicles (not every special edition Gallardo) and going back to the vehicles having their own unique feel.

Turned off Nahimic, discord, afterburner, rtss, all game clients, SteelSeries and corsair tools, and ran as admin. It's working now :)
i can almost guarantee you it's not any of those apps that was causing a problem. the crashes are very random and even without changing a single variable, i've had crashed in 30 seconds after loading into the game or 3 hours of perfect gameplay. i could have easily closed some apps after one of those 30 second crashes and convinced myself i "fixed" it.

if i had to guess i think most of the crashes are related to backend connectivity issues. the only time the game stutters for me is when it's connected online or trying to connect. sometimes even when i've selected Horizon Solo (offline mode) i'll start getting stutters and that's when it crashes.

does it have any built in anti cheat? if it doesn, any of those could trigger it.

i can almost guarantee you it's not any of those apps that was causing a problem. the crashes are very random and even without changing a single variable, i've had crashed in 30 seconds after loading into the game or 3 hours of perfect gameplay. i could have easily closed some apps after one of those 30 second crashes and convinced myself i "fixed" it.

if i had to guess i think most of the crashes are related to backend connectivity issues. the only time the game stutters for me is when it's connected online or trying to connect. sometimes even when i've selected Horizon Solo (offline mode) i'll start getting stutters and that's when it crashes.

I think it was admin privileges that worked. I've had it going for 4-5 hours so far

Just sharing my experience

I find it a little funny that they have several of the exact same songs as the (very similar) Dirt 5 had. I was having deja vu. This is a better game IMO, though.
Lots of arcade racing games like this try to shoehorn a plot to what's happening. This game is doing a better job than most others since it's pretty light with the story elements and they aren't as corny as most others. Thus far, I'm having a good time with this game. I've been a fan of this style of game going back to NFS 3, and this is one of the better ones from the last few years. I miss some of the police chase elements from those games, most everything else is handled better here.

i cant remember if it was the last horizon or ms but i couldnt run it at all with afterburner or rivatuner on. do you have that or any other overlays/monitoring enabled?
Game runs fine for me with Afterburner running in the background.
it's really strange how the series is like a 50/50 mixture of completely uninspired (car list, barn finds, "story", etc) and amazing (graphics, environments, overall variety of stuff to do). like the quality is generally at such a high bar but some stuff makes me want to be able to interrogate lead devs and ask why some of that stuff is just "good enough" for them.

i guess the simple answer is probably that competition is both scarce and an easy standard to exceed (The Crew 2, NFS Whateverthefuck.)
They have figured out a formula, and it works. The only thing I really don't like in the series are the showcase events, but I always typically have fun with the rest of it. Stories are hit and miss, but I lean on the side of preferring to not do them, to be honest. It's just fluff that gives them an excuse to show yours and other characters on screen.

Overall I'm enjoying the map more than FH4. Some bugs to sort out, but playing solo is mostly fine. As everything starts getting fixed I'll jump into the shared open world stuff and co-op. PVP races don't do it for me in Horizon games, too many jerks who want to race like it's GTA.

It combines technical problems from both FH3 and FH4 which is a shame. In FH3 I had stutters and crashes at first, and while it's not nearly as severe in FH5 it is still there. The online connectivity was terrible for me when FH4 first launched and seems to be as bad or worse this time around. Just a shame they can't learn from the past launch problems. Also the AI seems to be faster just due to bullshit cheats but also much worse in how it interacts with players, barreling into me on turns constantly and other things I felt were better in the past.

Still, great game with only minor problems as long as I stick to solo play. I can spend hours just tuning cars, testing them out in races and trying to get better times in Rivals.

Been doing some Horizon Open for the festival playlist and have not had any issues with jerks yet. Have actually been having a good time with the online, surprisingly. What needs fixing is Horizon Arcade if that is going to be a regular fixture on the playlist every season. For some reason it seems like people are getting sectioned off into separate servers when it starts. The other night I was in the circle with around 10-12 other people and I ended up being in a group of only 4 when the 10 minute timer started. Would have been able to complete all 3 rounds with 12 people, but it was a struggle to complete round 2 with only 4.
out of everyone whos experiencing crashes, how many of you are using the MS Store version?
I am using the Microsoft Store version and had only 1 crash back when I first started the game. Have not had any issues since. I am more interested in what version of Windows people are using since it seems like most experiencing regular crashes are on Windows 11 from the discussions I've had. I'm still on Windows 10.

I'm using the MS Store version via Game Pass on Windows 11. It's been bulletproof for the 8'ish hours I've played. The only thing I keep running is a command line app that quickly toggles HDR mode on/off.

Im also using the MS Store version and on 10 pro 21H1. I had crashes on the thursday morning launch for about 1.5 hours but after that its been smooth except last night it crashed for what i would call the first time.

Ive heard alot of stability issues with the steam version though.

I've had a notification about an unclaimed reward for the festival playlist from the early access season, but I never found anything to claim. Did I miss something? Is there any way to go back and claim potentially missed rewards? I got both cars, the Macan from the Playground goal, all the Link phrases. Pretty sure I grabbed everything. It's been bugging me for the past week...

Tony Kanaan is playing through the game. His stream is mostly in Brazilian-Portuguese, though.

I'm a little late to this party while I was playing Back 4 Blood. THIS is the Need for Speed game I've been wanting for the last few years. It's mindless and unrealistic fun with terrific graphics/sound/presentation. I'm having a total blast so far.
I find it funny how people keep bringing up the lack of realism which, while true, is nowhere near the level that it was in at least the last two Horizons. The difference between 4 and 5 in terms of how planted the cars are is massive. There's way, way more realistic understeer, though the turn-in off throttle is a bit too good at times. Some of the car behavior can be odd, but I've been driving RWD almost exclusively which was simply not a viable drivetrain to drive in almost any situation in FH4.

There are a lot of real world racing techniques I get to apply to FH5 that I never had the chance to with FH4. Go spend a Saturday at your local SCCA autocross or NASA HPDE events if you have a track nearby. It's fun to have applicable experience for a racing game when it's needed and immediately turn around and take a ramp 2,000ft through the air, lol.

There are two types of Forza games, Horizon and Motorsport. If you want some arcade style fun you play Horizon if you want realism play Motorsport.

I find it funny how people keep bringing up the lack of realism which, while true, is nowhere near the level that it was in at least the last two Horizons. The difference between 4 and 5 in terms of how planted the cars are is massive. There's way, way more realistic understeer, though the turn-in off throttle is a bit too good at times. Some of the car behavior can be odd, but I've been driving RWD almost exclusively which was simply not a viable drivetrain to drive in almost any situation in FH4.

There are a lot of real world racing techniques I get to apply to FH5 that I never had the chance to with FH4. Go spend a Saturday at your local SCCA autocross or NASA HPDE events if you have a track nearby. It's fun to have applicable experience for a racing game when it's needed and immediately turn around and take a ramp 2,000ft through the air, lol.

This is my first go-round with a Horizon game. I've played 2 of the Motorsport that lean very much in the Gran Tourismo direction, and that's not for me. I like plowing into other cars at top speed and using the bounce to take a corner better. Or flying 1000 feet into the side of a building only to scratch my hood a little before driving away at full speed. I've spent enough time in real traffic so that I don't want anything more realistic than that, though. I don't mind needing to employ some basic racing principles, but I don't want a driving sim. This is the Bloodsport to Motosport's Warrior. IMO, anyone who likes Dirt, Need for Speed, the Crew, or Burnout should enjoy themselves with it.

Beautiful game, runs like a dream. I defaulted to "ultra" settings with my 1080ti and i'm managing around 100fps pretty consistently at 1440p. Good enough for me.

Steering, however, fucking sucks. I just don't get it on a controller I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply breaks and turn correctly without dropping down to a damn snail pace. The e-brake drifting also seems way, way too touchy and just causes a spinout. I've fucked with all sorts of settings in the menu and I just can't get things to feel normal or responsive at all. It's like the game is fighting me wanting to actually have fun.

Weirdly, i switch to mouse and keyboard and turning and braking instantly turns up to 11 and its TOO sensitive. It's more manageable than the controller is at least.

Beautiful game, runs like a dream. I defaulted to "ultra" settings with my 1080ti and i'm managing around 100fps pretty consistently at 1440p. Good enough for me.

Steering, however, fucking sucks. I just don't get it on a controller I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply breaks and turn correctly without dropping down to a damn snail pace. The e-brake drifting also seems way, way too touchy and just causes a spinout. I've fucked with all sorts of settings in the menu and I just can't get things to feel normal or responsive at all. It's like the game is fighting me wanting to actually have fun.

Weirdly, i switch to mouse and keyboard and turning and braking instantly turns up to 11 and its TOO sensitive. It's more manageable than the controller is at least.
Traction circle on tires is simulated. The harder you brake the less traction is going to be available for cornering. Try to finish slowing for a turn with your brakes before initiating your turn in, and control the rest of the corner with the throttle.

The e-brake is fine, you just have to manage it. Try adjusting the deadzones for the controller in the advanced controls settings. The steering inside deadzone is way too big by default for a controller. I turn it down to 1. Also try changing the steering assist between normal and simulation. Drifting is much easier with normal steering since it dampens car transitions. I switch it back to simulation for normal races since you are potentially much faster that way.

Try adjusting the deadzones for the controller in the advanced controls settings. The steering inside deadzone is way too big by default for a controller. I turn it down to 1.

Holy shit this is so much better, thank you. I didn't think I had a problem with the controls but this just feels so much better I don't understand why this isn't the default setting.

Holy shit this is so much better, thank you. I didn't think I had a problem with the controls but this just feels so much better I don't understand why this isn't the default setting.
yup. i always turn the controller deadzones to 0 inside, 100 outside in the Forza games. as long as your gamepad doesn't have wonky potentiometers, it will give you the best control feel and responsiveness. it's actually really cool how precise you can be with the steering. you really can't control anywhere near as well in other driving games compared to forza (and fh5 is the best yet in that regard.)

anyway, as to fh5 in general... really hoping to the first hotfix/patch gets the major issues sorted. i have a lot more fun in the horizon games playing online than i do solo (the meatiest chunk of a horizon game, the races of each category, are just dreadfully boring against AI imho) and i have constant connection problems right now.

also, the game is still crashing for me, and i have **zero** apps of any sort running that would be interfering. it's just fine for 3 or 4 hours of playing, and then suddenly could start crashing 10 times in a row. no rhyme or reason to it.

Game seems fun so far! Is anyone else having problems with the adaptive eye exposure though? For example, when it is near dusk or morning time the inside of my car and the sky outside is almost black, but when I jump to an exterior view everything is properly lit. I did a google search and saw a number of console users were having the same issue and their fix was to turn off the dynamic resolution scaling, but I don't have that turned on on my PC. I have tried HDR on and off, and with low and high details level and I get the effect with all settings. I am running the Gamepass version on a RTX 3070.

Game seems fun so far! Is anyone else having problems with the adaptive eye exposure though? For example, when it is near dusk or morning time the inside of my car and the sky outside is almost black, but when I jump to an exterior view everything is properly lit. I did a google search and saw a number of console users were having the same issue and their fix was to turn off the dynamic resolution scaling, but I don't have that turned on on my PC. I have tried HDR on and off, and with low and high details level and I get the effect with all settings. I am running the Gamepass version on a RTX 3070.
Have not had this issue. What GeForce driver version are you running? I'm on 496.49.

I went to my brother in laws last night and played forza on his fanatec rig. He has the steam version and the game crashed 7 times in a row before i said alright im done. Hopefully this patch fixes alot of the steam issues.

I have no idea if the game wants you to play like this (probably not), but you can rack up tons and tons of points just by drifting back and forth and hitting inanimate objects. If there's an area with bushes, cacti, guardrails, rocks, etc. you can rack up 100,000 points in about 30 seconds just by driving like an idiot and not letting off the gas.

I have no idea if the game wants you to play like this (probably not), but you can rack up tons and tons of points just by drifting back and forth and hitting inanimate objects. If there's an area with bushes, cacti, guardrails, rocks, etc. you can rack up 100,000 points in about 30 seconds just by driving like an idiot and not letting off the gas.
The Horizon games have always been like this. I have areas scoped out with a lot of cacti in the case a skill song comes on since car masteries can get expensive. Sideswiping cacti is a quick way to build up your skill chain score.

Speaking of, for those who don't know you're capped at 10 skill points per skill chain. You get those 10 points for a skill chain worth 500,000. So to be efficient, don't keep going past that unless you want the accolade for a single 2.5 million skill chain. During a skill song that means 50,000 x10, of course. Outside of skill songs some cars that get a x7 max multiplier is less obvious at 71,429.

I hate the wheelspin mechanics, LOL

unknown_2021.11.18-22.09.png

I'd pay extra not to have that ish in the wheelspins. They should sell it like they do car packs for a few bucks. They could still keep it for the whoever tf likes it but everyone else could bypass it if they wanted to. I'd be doing something I'd never do (buy cosmetic or virtual items) but in this case I'd make an exception.

Can't get shit on the AH, getting outbid at the last second without any alert sucks.

Anyone try Nvidia's new image scaling? I don't think it works cause Forza seems to stick to borderless windowed.

This guy says he can feel it, but I think he's high

since the recent hotfix a couple of days ago, this runs flawlessly. Been a lot of fun, have been playing it for an hour a night or so the past night or two since the patch, glad it no longer crashes.

What ever happened to AI convoys? I never played FH4 but I did play FH3 and one of my favorite features was that you could honk at AI drivers to get them to follow you around and race you to objectives. FH5 feels so lonely without these. Multiplayer convoys seem so unreliable. Whenever I join a random convoy and suggest doing an event, I get no response whatsoever.

Back