Forza Horizon 5 (Mexico)

Here is the full map
oqawmh4jadg71.jpg

Despite not being that large compared to some other games there looks to be a lot more road mileage overall. I just hope the approach to content doesn't follow the FH4 model again. I'm already leaning toward not buying it due to the return of regular weather seasons. It would be better if they made the weather try to resemble real life patterns so you're not stuck driving the same conditions for 3 months straight.

I just hope the approach to content doesn't follow the FH4 model again. I'm already leaning toward not buying it due to the return of regular weather seasons. It would be better if they made the weather try to resemble real life patterns so you're not stuck driving the same conditions for 3 months straight.
I dont think their approach to content will change from FH3/FH4. As for the seasons go it will change weekly but they have made adjustments accordingly. They know its a tropical environment and it seems they have changed the weather accordingly. Fall is the rainy season and winter is winter except snow is really only on the mountain thankfully.

I dont think their approach to content will change from FH3/FH4. As for the seasons go it will change weekly but they have made adjustments accordingly. They know its a tropical environment and it seems they have changed the weather accordingly. Fall is the rainy season and winter is winter except snow is really only on the mountain thankfully.
Well it's certainly good to know that I won't have to quit the game every time winter comes up in the cycle anymore, at least.

Thing that sucks about winter or any rain conditions is that the AI does not have the same limitations as you do when it comes to grip. The Street Races in FH4 I'll never play again because it's always wet and by the first hard turn traction disappears for me and not them. Rather shitty and obvious flaw for something that should level the playing field against a player but it just puts the AI into god mode.

Wild- you can preload this game now and let it take up disk space for three months?

View attachment 383955
If you're stuck with a really slow internet connection or have to limit the amount you download every month then it's good that they made it available this early. It's still a question of how many updates there will be before the game officially goes gold.

If you're stuck with a really slow internet connection or have to limit the amount you download every month then it's good that they made it available this early. It's still a question of how many updates there will be before the game officially goes gold.
I mean, what is "gold" anymore. It's just insane to me to hold 80+GB for three months.

Metered internet access is a bitch, though.

I mean, what is "gold" anymore. It's just insane to me to hold 80+GB for three months.

Metered internet access is a bitch, though.
"Gold" is just an entrenched term used to say the game is ready for distribution, of course originally meaning that the master disc was made from which every copy was to be produced from. It is a dubious term these days, though, with the amount of games that require "day 1" patches.

FH5 map could be zoomed out more to fit a bigger map on the same screen. The scale between the two may not be the same. I don't think you can compare the two like that unless you get the scale for both.

The racing game Forza Horizon is considered one of the best games around today. Yes, it has some issues, but that doesn't change how fun the game is to play. The customization options in this game are superb, and there are hundreds of tracks in the game which means you will always have new tracks to try out whether you play on your own or with friends. The cars look fantastic, and there are some cool liveries to wear, which really makes the game shine. I got it from https://www.forzahorizon5.club. They always got the best offers for their community.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 5 PC System Requirements Revealed

The PC version of Forza Horizon 5 also supports 21:9 ultrawide displays for further immersion, as well as the most popular steering wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

Logitech: Driving Force, G25, G27, G29, G920, G923PS, G923XB, Momo
Thrustmaster: Ferrari 458, T150 RS, T300 RS, T500 RS, TMX, T-GT, TS-XW, TX, TS-PC
Fanatec: V1, V2, V2.5, CSL, CSL DD, DD1, DD2, Universal HUB device
Additionally, haptic feedback on the Xbox Wireless Controller is supported by all versions of Forza Horizon 5, including Steam for the first time!

It's also confirmed that Forza Horizon 5 will support ray tracing in Forzavista mode

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs

FH5.jpg

Looks like "hard-to-find" cars are coming back, now called "Exclusive." Don't think I'll be buying this game because of that. I'm sick to death of these ridiculous FOMO tactics. And, no, Backstage is not a solution.

There are some videos I've seen showing "hard to find" still. "Exclusive" might be something else completely. Isn't there one car from the special Forza controller only?

I had fun with FH4, so I was just looking at how to buy the game when you already have Game Pass-

The standard version is included, but unlocks (releases?) on Tuesday 9-Nov. If you want to play early, you have to buy the $45 "Premium Add-Ons Bundle" which is:
  • early access on 5-Nov
  • Welcome Pack
  • Car Pass
  • VIP Membership
  • Expansion 1
  • Expansion 2
And that's basically an upgrade to the Premium edition; however if you drop Game Pass, you lose access to the base game (and therefore render this "upgrade" useless).

Preloading is live on the Microsoft Store. The game is 103GB on disk. Premium Edition preorders will be available to play 2 weeks from today on November 5. Other editions without the Premium add-on pack and day 1 purchases get to play 4 days later.

FYI they moved early access up to next Friday, November 5 with global release on November 9.

I had fun with FH4, so I was just looking at how to buy the game when you already have Game Pass-

The standard version is included, but unlocks (releases?) on Tuesday 9-Nov. If you want to play early, you have to buy the $45 "Premium Add-Ons Bundle" which is:
  • early access on 5-Nov
  • Welcome Pack
  • Car Pass
  • VIP Membership
  • Expansion 1
  • Expansion 2
And that's basically an upgrade to the Premium edition; however if you drop Game Pass, you lose access to the base game (and therefore render this "upgrade" useless).

I'm sure the base game will get given away at some point through games with gold but if it doesn't, it'll probably go down to $20 or less if you need to buy it in the future.

Well nuts me. I mentioned the dates in the post right above my bump. I am just killing it this month.

I missed it in your earlier post too where you specifically say the premium add-ons too, lol. I broke down and just purchased it since it there doesn't appear to be an actual Ultimate disk version this go round.

Forza Horizon 5 PC System Requirements Revealed

The PC version of Forza Horizon 5 also supports 21:9 ultrawide displays for further immersion, as well as the most popular steering wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

Logitech: Driving Force, G25, G27, G29, G920, G923PS, G923XB, Momo
Thrustmaster: Ferrari 458, T150 RS, T300 RS, T500 RS, TMX, T-GT, TS-XW, TX, TS-PC
Fanatec: V1, V2, V2.5, CSL, CSL DD, DD1, DD2, Universal HUB device
Additionally, haptic feedback on the Xbox Wireless Controller is supported by all versions of Forza Horizon 5, including Steam for the first time!

It's also confirmed that Forza Horizon 5 will support ray tracing in Forzavista mode

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs
I don't get it, why don't games just support directinput and custom mapping? Why just specific wheels? Do manufacturers pay devs to not support older hardware?

I don't get it, why don't games just support directinput and custom mapping? Why just specific wheels? Do manufacturers pay devs to not support older hardware?
DirectInput is supposed to be deprecated. The last update to the component of the API happened in DX8. DirectInput is still baked into the DirectX API, but Microsoft started recommending against using DirectInput around 2011, pointing developers to use XInput instead. Microsoft wanted to set the standard to be XInput so everybody would be limited to what they defined as a controller. I guess creating action maps is too much to ask of our poor oppressed coders these days. It comes down to being purely a money grab anyway that has appeared to work, given how many people purchase and own Xbox controllers now.

DirectInput is supposed to be deprecated. The last update to the component of the API happened in DX8. DirectInput is still baked into the DirectX API, but Microsoft started recommending against using DirectInput around 2011, pointing developers to use XInput instead. Microsoft wanted to set the standard to be XInput so everybody would be limited to what they defined as a controller. I guess creating action maps is too much to ask of our poor oppressed coders these days. It comes down to being purely a money grab anyway that has appeared to work, given how many people purchase and own Xbox controllers now.

That sucks but explains why many developers don't bother supporting older hardware anymore.

Back