Forza Horizon 4 Demo Is Now Available

cageymaru

Fully [H]
A demo for the game Forza Horizon 4 is now available on the Windows Store. The racing title has an October 2, 2018 launch date. System requirements are as follows: Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher, x64, DirectX 12 API - Hardware Feature Level 11, 8 GB of memory, 2 GB of video memory, Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz, NVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x.

Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. Dynamic seasons transform Great Britain every week in Forza Horizon 4. Race, stunt, and explore a shared, open-world. A true multi-PLAY-er. Preorder the Ultimate Edition and get 4-day early access, two expansion packs, Car Pass, VIP Membership, and more!

Looks like fun. Bummed about 30fps on xonex tho. Forza 7 was silky smooth on the oled.

And never buy the ultimate edition of forza games! Did it one time a few titles ago and ended up costing me more than had I just bought separately

one other req I just found is nv drivers need to be 399.07 or newer. it gives a warning on start if not.

Is this going to have a Hot Wheels level, because that was pretty amazing and it's a no-buy if not.

Forza Horizon is 30 fps where normal Forza is 60 for Xbox. Nothing new about that.

Meanwhile 4k60 is easy on PC :)

Looks like fun. Bummed about 30fps on xonex tho. Forza 7 was silky smooth on the oled.

And never buy the ultimate edition of forza games! Did it one time a few titles ago and ended up costing me more than had I just bought separately

Forza Horizon is 30 fps where normal Forza is 60 for Xbox. Nothing new about that.

Meanwhile 4k60 is easy on PC :)
You can pick between Quality and Performance modes. Performance mode runs at a locked 60 FPS on the One X.

Excuse me, whats the difference between forza and forza horizon?

You can pick between Quality and Performance modes. Performance mode runs at a locked 60 FPS on the One X.

I hadn't read that yet. I really haven't looked into the game at all as with all Forza games I have no worries and it's a day one purchase. I'm curious now though and may have to give the demo a whirl sometime in the next few days and test the difference. I sit just under 8' from a 65" so 4k is a factor and noticeable, but I'm more concerned about other sacrifices made to keep a locked 60fps in a large somewhat dynamic world like Horizon has - Horizon is a different beast then straight ahead sightlines of Forza.

Excuse me, whats the difference between forza and forza horizon?
When people say "Forza" they're generally talking about Forza Motorsport, which is the closed circuit racer whose physics lean more toward simulation. Horizon is the open world counterpart to Motorsport, featuring a large open map inspired by real world locations and whose physics are a happy medium between arcade and simulation.
I hadn't read that yet. I really haven't looked into the game at all as with all Forza games I have no worries and it's a day one purchase. I'm curious now though and may have to give the demo a whirl sometime in the next few days and test the difference. I sit just under 8' from a 65" so 4k is a factor and noticeable, but I'm more concerned about other sacrifices made to keep a locked 60fps in a large somewhat dynamic world like Horizon has - Horizon is a different beast then straight ahead sightlines of Forza.
Performance mode runs at 1080p instead of 4K, as far as I'm aware.

When people say "Forza" they're generally talking about Forza Motorsport, which is the closed circuit racer whose physics lean more toward simulation. Horizon is the open world counterpart to Motorsport, featuring a large open map inspired by real world locations and whose physics are a happy medium between arcade and simulation.

Performance mode runs at 1080p instead of 4K, as far as I'm aware.
Tnx. I only played forza horizon (3 I think) on the 360. But my kid is quite excited about Horizon 4.

4790k @ 4.5, 16Gb, 970 1080p mix of high/ultra minus ssr and blur and getting 75+
runs great. I vsync to monitor and gpu usage is ~80% and cpu ~50% peaked at 70 for loading.

Back