Forza Horizon 4 - A beautiful game

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
Found it to be quite enjoyable just saying heck with the races - just went out, and bought some cars that I've previously owned and tricked them out

4SaUtDV.jpg

Loved the Mini - most agile car I've ever owned

wAWzdWA.jpg

I had an 85, but this looks identical except for the rear spoiler.

If you have Gamepass, go download it now!

The one Xi s a superb platform for this game, I spent my time so far in a mix between 1080x60 and 2160x30, I'll need more time to determine which I like better,. For now I really like the 4k when looking at the car model in a static environment. I haven't driven enough in the 1080 mode to make a comparison yet.

I have the game pass and downloaded it today.
$10 a month.

So how "sim" is this game? Is it closer to Project Cars, or Need for Speed?

So how "sim" is this game? Is it closer to Project Cars, or Need for Speed?

It's closer to Project Cars than Need for Speed. It actually has all the right stuff on the basic level - understeer and oversteer feel right and happen when they should, there are proper physics behind turbos vs positive displacement superchargers vs centrifugal superchargers, full in-depth tuning and upgrade options, etc. I am a physics snob and I think it totally nails the "realistic but approachable and fun" style of physics.

I still have to complete Forza Horizon 3, so I may hold off on getting this until Christmas, but the game looks awesome.

I'm torn on when to start playing this. I'm still enjoying Forza Horizon 3 and recently snagged Horizon 2. The only thing I've heard about this game that I didn't like is it dropped support for custom music using Microsoft Groove. I think Microsoft killed groove support but I could still copy music to my one drive and have it played on Horizon 3.

First expansion drops on December 13 and it looks pretty good. So for those holding off on getting the game that may be the time to buy it. Especially if you're looking to play online because I stopped playing it a few weeks ago having run out of stuff to do, so the new expansion will bring people like me back.

Back