Forza Horizon 2 Demo out and pre load/purchase live

Hey, just wanted to say hello since I joined the club. I stopped posting regularly several years ago but have been lurking ever since. If anyone wants to send me a friend request my GT is the same as my username.

I have heard that this game is comparable to Project Gotham Racing and RalliSport Challenge. I call fucking bullshit.

if im ever home or on a stable internet connection I will join the H club... I bought it, love the game.

Stuck on an oil rig for 40+ days so far... but no stable internet to get my xbox online. I *could* hotspot my phone, but with the amount of updates and shit, no way I only have 12GB a month. (gotta save that for human sexuality research videos) tee hee.

I have heard that this game is comparable to Project Gotham Racing and RalliSport Challenge. I call fucking bullshit.

Sort of. I don't see a whole lot of RalliSport Challenge here. I mean, there is off road racing, but not proper rally by any stretch. I definitely notice bits of PGR though. The game has a skill system where your awarding points for good driving, clean racing, drifting, etc. Very comparable to kudos. Race well, get points. Fuck up, lose said points. You can spend them on perks (more XP, bigger rewards, etc). It's still very much a Forza title, but fans of PGR would find things to be pleased with here.

Jesus, is this game THAT good?!

Yup, it's that good. I think I've played my XB1 more in the past week than the rest of the year. I'm having a blast with this game.

I need to fire up the demo. I've been stuck playing destiny for too long!

How's the online racing like? Pretty fluid?

Coupla things -

- Game is awesome. Hardly ever game 'seriously' these days but have devoted all my free time over the past coupla days to this exclusively.
- Joined HOCP as well, we need more people in there though.
- Last racing I loved was PGR3. This comes pretty close.
- "Escape to the country in a McLaren P1" is insane. I must've played that 20 times just for the sheer joy of it all. Sadly I can't afford the car just yet. Noble M600 I got free just can't compare.

- "Escape to the country in a McLaren P1" is insane. I must've played that 20 times just for the sheer joy of it all. Sadly I can't afford the car just yet. Noble M600 I got free just can't compare.

The P1 is free if you were Tier 6 with Forza Rewards, they really bumped up the points needed for Tier 7 with the Horizon 2 release though, more so then the jump between the earlier tiers.

loving the time I have with it so far...

maybe it's because I haven't had the change to get my Xbox one online for an update that's surely out for this game or the console itself, but I've noticed maybe 25% of the time when I fire up the console and start to try and play FH2 -- it will get stuck at the loading screen. Not like a hard freeze, the nice little animations and flyarounds are going on in the background and the loading ciricle is spinning, but it never actually loads. That' or sometimes I will try to start the game and it will just sit on a black screen.

Meh -- still having fun with the game.

loving the time I have with it so far...

maybe it's because I haven't had the change to get my Xbox one online for an update that's surely out for this game or the console itself, but I've noticed maybe 25% of the time when I fire up the console and start to try and play FH2 -- it will get stuck at the loading screen. Not like a hard freeze, the nice little animations and flyarounds are going on in the background and the loading ciricle is spinning, but it never actually loads. That' or sometimes I will try to start the game and it will just sit on a black screen.

Meh -- still having fun with the game.

You know that you can get an a XBL Silver account for free right? You can't play online, but at least is gives you internet connectivity for updates. (EDIT: Nevernind... your on an oil rig... )

Also, FWIW my game is a little buggy too. I wouldn't say 25% of the time, but I've had issues with it loading, or hiccups within the game, odd freeze here and there.

Coupla things -

Still aint able to finish that bucket list challenge. Im always 3 seconds too slow. Those damn cars in the street!!!

The P1 is free if you were Tier 6 with Forza Rewards, they really bumped up the points needed for Tier 7 with the Horizon 2 release though, more so then the jump between the earlier tiers.
I reached Tier 7 almost instantly because I was already Tier 6. Only game I'm not nearly close to 100% is the first Horizon... I'm at a wall with Forza 5 because for some reason the game will not unlock any more badges and titles for me. Pissed me off when I reached level 25 with my first manufacturer and it didn't give me the stinking title :mad:.

You know that you can get an a XBL Silver account for free right? You can't play online, but at least is gives you internet connectivity for updates. (EDIT: Nevernind... you're on an oil rig... )

Also, FWIW my game is a little buggy too. I wouldn't say 25% of the time, but I've had issues with it loading, or hiccups within the game, odd freeze here and there.
I've only had the same audio issues that Forza 5 had, but no lockups or "hiccups" or other things of that nature.

Completed the finale on Sunday night. The race took nearly 17 minutes in a SRT Viper GTS. Earned more than 1 million credits for it, though. Only 153 more championships to go :D.

I reached Tier 7 almost instantly because I was already Tier 6. Only game I'm not nearly close to 100% is the first Horizon... I'm at a wall with Forza 5 because for some reason the game will not unlock any more badges and titles for me. Pissed me off when I reached level 25 with my first manufacturer and it didn't give me the stinking title :mad:.

Yeah, Forza 5 hasn't been updating the achievements for me either, still getting the other rewards, but haven't had any of the achievements pop up. Probably need to sit down and play it to see if it'll resync things.

I was only at 6000 or so rewards points going into Horizon 2, so with Tier 7 requiring 3000 more points then Tier 6, I'm really lagging. I went to play some Forza 4 last night to get some more points and my Elite red ringed. At least the Holiday 360 bundled has been released so I need to go pick that up with a transfer cable sometime this week.

Completed the finale on Sunday night. The race took nearly 17 minutes in a SRT Viper GTS. Earned more than 1 million credits for it, though. Only 153 more championships to go :D.

Do you have something that boosts your XP? You're a few levels ahead of me, but I'm already half way towards my second finale.

Which is the club to join. I will be happy to join HOCP. However, I am only level 14 right now or something. Got me a p1 and a Huracan. P1 is fucking insane.

How many single player championships are in this game? I beat 16 and then the Horizon Finale, expecting the credits to roll, but they didn't. I guess it just keeps going until you run out of races?

I'm of the type where I need a reason to keep playing, something to aspire to. If all that's left is accumulating more money and doing more races, I'll kinda have to arbitrarily pick a point to quit.

How many single player championships are in this game? I beat 16 and then the Horizon Finale, expecting the credits to roll, but they didn't. I guess it just keeps going until you run out of races?

I'm of the type where I need a reason to keep playing, something to aspire to. If all that's left is accumulating more money and doing more races, I'll kinda have to arbitrarily pick a point to quit.

Try find all barns, beat all challenges, bucket lists, etc. There are a lot more things to do than just beating championships.

Do you have something that boosts your XP? You're a few levels ahead of me, but I'm already half way towards my second finale.
I don't think so... I believe the VIP bonus only applies to credits and level slot spins. I have done some more H2H Drivatar races and found more XP bonus boards than you have thus far. I might have also banked more skill chains. I got the 25% XP bonus perk for freeroam skill early on.

If you look at the road trips, there are 28 unique championships spread out among the 6 areas, so 168 championships to complete in total. The mechanic chick said something about more finales, so I think a finale may be ready after every 15 championships completed. Maybe there is something extra to see after you complete every championship. You may have to face the guy who was leading the road trips in the end.

I have been crushed at work this week so I haven't been able to play. I have added everyone in the club to my friends list (you don't need to add me back if you don't want; I just like having the number greater than zero!) Hopefully I can put some more time into the game later in the week as things calm down at work.

Last edited:
Joined HOCP. I think I am in the right club.
Anyways, have been playing Destiny a lot so this was on the back burner. Fact that I have Mordor and Alien Isolation to play doesn't help either.

Still aint able to finish that bucket list challenge. Im always 3 seconds too slow. Those damn cars in the street!!!

Oh I don't always successfully complete it when I play it, I do it for the sheer pleasure of barrelling down at 350+ km/h. Sometimes I crash, sometimes I don't..

One thing I learned in racing games in general is power is nothing without control. Trite I know but sometimes it's better to go a little bit slower and not crash.

Which is the club to join. I will be happy to join HOCP. However, I am only level 14 right now or something. Got me a p1 and a Huracan. P1 is fucking insane.

How do you afford such nice cars! Lusting after a P1 but can't afford it just yet.

Try find all barns, beat all challenges, bucket lists, etc. There are a lot more things to do than just beating championships.

That's one of the things I love about this game. Don't feel like racing? Go do some bucket lists, find a few XP boards to ram, so many things to do.

Grabbing the demo now, if it's as good as everyone says it is, I'll go pick it up today.

I'm not gonna lie, game looks good. Even better than forza 5. I still need to try drive club, but horizon 2 looks like a winner so far. I've only played for about 5 mins.

How do you afford such nice cars! Lusting after a P1 but can't afford it just yet.
Forza Rewards. The P1 and Huracan were sent to you as gifts in-game if you were Tier 6 in Forza Rewards before starting the game. Other cars can be gifted to you depending on your Tier. IIRC in addition to the above 2 cars I received a 2012 M5 and 2011 Subaru WRX STI. Can't remember what the other two were... Anyway, Rewards will also send you up to 2,000,000 credits a month at Tier 7 (current max).

In forza 5 i made the mistake of buying a DLC pack of cars. That actually killed my enthusiasm to play the game as i didnt need to make money to unlock cars to go to higher tears or anything. I wont be making that mistake again when/if i get horizon

Forza Rewards. The P1 and Huracan were sent to you as gifts in-game if you were Tier 6 in Forza Rewards before starting the game. Other cars can be gifted to you depending on your Tier. IIRC in addition to the above 2 cars I received a 2012 M5 and 2011 Subaru WRX STI. Can't remember what the other two were... Anyway, Rewards will also send you up to 2,000,000 credits a month at Tier 7 (current max).
I played quite a bit of forza.. How do I check or join forza rewards?

Driveclub is shit.

This is what I keep hearing. I'll grab the PS+ edition whenever it drops, because why not... But I can't imagine it's going to offer anything worth paying for. Not when I'm having such a fucking blast with Forza.

I played quite a bit of forza.. How do I check or join forza rewards?
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/
You just need to login with your gamertag to this site once and you'll start receiving your rewards. There is also a handy app available on XBONE now that was released with Horizon 2 that you can use to check your status. Please note that you have to manually go to this site or use the app every month or every time your Tier changes to receive the bonus credits.

Grabbed it, joined the H club. Cool thing I noticed after joining the club, I see the drivatars of the other club members all the time now

Can anyone in the HOCP club let me know if my Drivatar is a jerk? I try to be clean, but sometimes I can't avoid being hit by others...

Can anyone in the HOCP club let me know if my Drivatar is a jerk? I try to be clean, but sometimes I can't avoid being hit by others...

It is :p

I don't blame you though. After you were the first person to join the club, I had a hell of a time beating your drivatar. Basically, all the other drivatars I was paired with were low level (yellow), and then there was you. And the game always started you in 1st. By the time I could work my way around the pack, you were long gone, and no matter how well I raced I could never catch you.

Seems to have worked it self out now that there are more people joining up. For a few races though... I hated that guy :D

Found this just now, a graphic comparison of the 360 vs XB1 version... it's remarkable how much better it looks on current gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oJOEbsXiLk

Not a big surprise. Even though the Xbox One is no powerhouse console (neither is the PS4 though) it should honestly look at least that much better. The 360 is from 2005.. it shouldn't hold up well against the Xbox One unless force parity was used.

Not a big surprise. Even though the Xbox One is no powerhouse console (neither is the PS4 though) it should honestly look at least that much better. The 360 is from 2005.. it shouldn't hold up well against the Xbox One unless force parity was used.

I'm not surprised... but it certainly puts into perspective how good this game looks when you can see how bad it could look :p

I don't blame you though. After you were the first person to join the club, I had a hell of a time beating your drivatar. Basically, all the other drivatars I was paired with were low level (yellow), and then there was you. And the game always started you in 1st. By the time I could work my way around the pack, you were long gone, and no matter how well I raced I could never catch you.

Seems to have worked it self out now that there are more people joining up. For a few races though... I hated that guy :D

Cool! How's my drivatar? I play on ezmode (10% CR bonus only) - I prefer to play for fun and not to compete - so I have no problems pulling away from everyone else.

Oops. Didn't mean to play that long today. I usually need to play a civ game to lose an entire day. The extreme offroad vehicles are crazy. I collected a few head 2 head bounties against some crazy fast cars in a Bowler. 160mph offroad is too much fun.

LOL! I'd hate to see my Forza 5 avatar. I wish there was an option to be able to race against yourself :cool:.

So anyone come across my Driveatar? My normal modus operandi is to push cars out of my way :p.

Back