Forza 7 Announced: Also coming to Windows 10!

Should check out the PC Gaming subforum every once in a while. We've known this was coming for a long time. Turn 10 also couldn't hold back their excitement about Forza 7, first teasing the game around the time Horizon 3 came out.

It would appear that the Preorder page has gone live in the Windows Store in the last 12 hours, Ultimate Edition for $100.

It's not actually windows 10 is it? It's store only so I'll have to respectfully decline. Forza horizon and it's store shenanigans made me so angry that I uninstalled the entire windows store and eradicated all it's remnants. No game is worth that much trouble. It wouldn't allow me to play without creating an online account that would probably had been tied to my windows installation. I'm not having that.

It's not actually windows 10 is it? It's store only so I'll have to respectfully decline. Forza horizon and it's store shenanigans made me so angry that I uninstalled the entire windows store and eradicated all it's remnants. No game is worth that much trouble. It wouldn't allow me to play without creating an online account that would probably had been tied to my windows installation. I'm not having that.

The Windows store uses Microsoft (Xbox Live) accounts. I've had my Xbox Live account for 13 years and used the same account to purchase Gears of War 4 on the Windows Store.

Tell me how my account is somehow tied to my Windows installation? It's quite literally no different than a Steam, Origin, Batttlenet, etc... account.

The only difference is that this platform is managed by the company that creates the operating system it sits on. I guess that fact alone is getting you paranoid about it? I do have to say that the store itself does function rather poorly when it comes up updates and downloads. Took me a while to get Gears of War 4 installed but nothing that I would consider deal breaking by any means.

Last edited:
The Windows store uses Microsoft (Xbox Live) accounts. I've had my Xbox Live account for 13 years and used the same account to purchase Gears of War 4 on the Windows Store.

Tell me how my account is somehow tied to my Windows installation? It's quite literally no different than a Steam, Origin, Batttlenet, etc... account.

The only difference is that this platform is managed by the company that creates the operating system it sits on. I guess that fact alone is getting you paranoid about it? I do have to say that the store itself does function rather poorly when it comes up updates and downloads. Took me a while to get Gears of War 4 installed but nothing that I would consider deal breaking by any means.
It's tied directly to your account when you login to your pc. Infact there is no way to reset your password on your pc without going through your microsoft account once you link it to use the store.

It's tied directly to your account when you login to your pc. Infact there is no way to reset your password on your pc without going through your microsoft account once you link it to use the store.
I dont have to login to my account to use my win10 installation.

I have my Windows 10 install set up with a local account because I messed up somehow and logging in on a fresh OS install automatically grabs stuff from onedrive or something like that and messes some stuff up for me, But at the same time, I can log onto the Windows Store and XBL with my Microsoft account.

As German Muscle alluded to in his post and as Seluryar further explained, this level of functionality is completely optional in Windows 10. You can make a 100% local account in Windows 10 without any modifications or fancy tricks. Just follow simple directions during Windows setup to skip the cloud stuff.

My Xbox Live account is not in any way tied to my Windows install. Being logged into the Windows Store is also not the same as the optional account association that occurs during (or after) Windows installation.

Again, you're not ever forced to make this online account association at any time for Windows 10 or to use the MS Store. You're either misinformed or attempting to make an issue where there is none. If it's the former, then consider yourself informed now.

But it wasn't the store that was trying to make me create an account. It was the game itself. Which wouldn't let me past the title screen otherwise. I decided If they don't want to let me play the game, then there are other games out there, and other stores where games are not locked down by uwx.
Yes it makes me paranoid when the same company that is responsible for my last will also manages my health care. You know the saying. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not being tracked.

The question is why wouldn't they assign the information they gather trough telemetry to the information they gather through xbox live?

As long as the game client is handled by a different company I'm pretty sure it's isolated with no ties to other aspects of my online persona.

Last edited:
I'd do it.......but I'll be playing Project Cars 2 on the PC

I'll probably by both actually, but have a feeling PCars 2 will have more mature oldies like myself

You'er really making a bigger deal out of that than you need to be. Tying your existing Microsoft account does nothing additionally intrusive to your system. There are some great features that you can't access without a Microsoft Account and you'll miss out on a lot.

I'd do it.......but I'll be playing Project Cars 2 on the PC

I'll probably by both actually, but have a feeling PCars 2 will have more mature oldies like myself
:wtf:

Did you play the first PCARS online at all? The community around it was about as bad as Dota 2...

What was you actual problem? I installed GoW4 with no issue. Game downloaded and played fine for me.

So in order to play this on PC I buy the Xbox version and it lets me download it onto my computer? Weird.

You'er really making a bigger deal out of that than you need to be. Tying your existing Microsoft account does nothing additionally intrusive to your system. There are some great features that you can't access without a Microsoft Account and you'll miss out on a lot.
Maybe, but that's where I've drawn the line.

So in order to play this on PC I buy the Xbox version and it lets me download it onto my computer? Weird.
If you buy it digitally, then you can play it on both PC and Xbox as long as its on the same Xbox Live account. Not sure how buying the game on Xbox disc works if they provide a cd key or something like that.

But just buy it from the Windows store if anything.

You can buy it digitally through the Windows Store. The trick is you have to buy it digitally from Microsoft to take advantage of Play Anywhere. You cannot buy a physical copy and play it on both your Xbox and PC.

You can buy it digitally through the Windows Store. The trick is you have to buy it digitally from Microsoft to take advantage of Play Anywhere. You cannot buy a physical copy and play it on both your Xbox and PC.

Oh ok. I was thinking the Xbox game would come with a PC code or something. That makes sense though.

Well, you can buy the digital version elsewhere and paly on Win20, just definitely not the disc versions

In example
http://a.co/j3KuihO

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Should check out the PC Gaming subforum every once in a while. We've known this was coming for a long time. Turn 10 also couldn't hold back their excitement about Forza 7, first teasing the game around the time Horizon 3 came out.

And especially since it was, in fact, announced as one of several Plays Anywhere titles at GamesCom last year (along with ReCore and Crackdown 3).

I downloaded the Xbox One demo last night, but only had time to do one race. Either way I'll be getting the full game.

Anyone having trouble getting the pc demo to download?

From the win store I can only get to the point of selecting the drive to instal to. After that nothing happens. Tried a few random fixes with no luck.

I was able to instal it to the xbox from the win store page no problem though.

I've been having issues with the store recently as well, and none of the fixes posted around have worked for me. I might have to nuke it from orbit and start over.

The Windows Store app/service is a massive piece of shit. Wish they would just sell their stuff on Steam and be done with it.

I actually deleted the Store app from my installation thinking I'd never need it and now I can't figure out how to get it back. You'd think there would be a way to do that without having to do a system "refresh", but it sure doesn't look like it.

Anyone having trouble getting the pc demo to download?

From the win store I can only get to the point of selecting the drive to instal to. After that nothing happens. Tried a few random fixes with no luck.

I was able to instal it to the xbox from the win store page no problem though.

yeah, rebooting fixed it lol

To people having issues downloading with Windows Store - If you have a Killer network adapter uninstall the Killer Networking Suite driver crap and use the standalone driver instead.

For whatever reason that killer networks application suite crap causes downloads to fuck up with the Windows Store app.

And it appears the full pre-loading for Forza 7 started today, the full thing is downloading for me right now. Full install size is 95.3 GB.

I even had issues downloading it on my Xbox. It would get to 100MB and just stop. I left it running while at work yesterday and was able to get it, though.

For anyone who may have removed the Windows Store either on purpose or accidentally, here are the steps to restore it:

1. Go to the properties of the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder and change the folder owner to Everyone
  2. Download the ISO for the latest build of Windows 10. Either mount or open the ISO with 7Zip.
  3. Inside the /sources folder, there is an install.wim file. Open this file with 7Zip or whatever archiver program you prefer
  4. Inside the wim file, browse to the following /1/Program Files/WindowsApps and copy the Microsoft.WindowsStore_11701.1001.87.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe folder to your C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder.
  5. Open an elevated command prompt and type powershell then within Powershell, enter the following: Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11701.1001.87.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml"
  6. Go back to the properties of the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder and add the ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES user principal with Read/Write privileges.
  7. The Store should be back to normal now

Back