Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

I really want one, but the price of that + stand is kind of crazy.

The wheel is about 300 right? And you have to buy shifter/pedals seperately? I might be totally crazy, but thats what I saw when I went to Fanatec's site the other day. Stand is like 100 for a basic one or 300 for one with a seat...

Still christmas is coming up and I do need to buy myself something nice..

Is +- $500 about right for everything?

no it cost me $340 for the wheel, 6speed H shifter, sequential shifter, peddles with clutch.

there is a bare wheel thats cheaper and a clubsport wheel which only diff is it has the steel clubsport peddles and costs 150 more.

its not 500 for the setup only 340

no it cost me $340 for the wheel, 6speed H shifter, sequential shifter, peddles with clutch.

there is a bare wheel thats cheaper and a clubsport wheel which only diff is it has the steel clubsport peddles and costs 150 more.

its not 500 for the setup only 340

Nice, is it an online only deal or will the wheel be in stores anytime soon?

How much is the basic "pure edition" wheel going to cost?

pretty sure the pure is 250

so imo its best to get the whole setup, i mean you need peddles unless you plan on forgetting the clutch and using MS wheels peddles

Nice, is it an online only deal or will the wheel be in stores anytime soon?

not sold in stores

www.fanatec.com is the only place to buy it

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=38&osCsid=b308d265edbfce4f83fdb6b82e25c7d2

How is that for a stand? I saw a cockpit setup for like $300, not sure if I want to take up half of my room with a cockpit tho :p

ive heard good things anout the rennsport stand, i didnt order it yet tho because ive already got a place to mount my wheel for now but i might pick up the rennsport later just becuase then i could take that stand over to my sisters every once in awhile.

imo the rennsport seems better than the playseat evo for 300 which is what i think you were refering too.

ive heard the bar on the playseat can get in the way of the peddles cause it sits so close to them.

ive heard good things anout the rennsport stand, i didnt order it yet tho because ive already got a place to mount my wheel for now but i might pick up the rennsport later just becuase then i could take that stand over to my sisters every once in awhile.

imo the rennsport seems better than the playseat evo for 300 which is what i think you were refering too.

ive heard the bar on the playseat can get in the way of the peddles cause it sits so close to them.

The main reason I want the playseat instead of the stand is the seating position. I like how the playseat has you sitting in basically the same position in any car. The way I had my friends MS wheel setup, the seating position made it felt like driving a damn big rig :p

I've been reading some reviews and it sounds like the old playseat was kind of flimsy all over, and the new one with the bar you were talking about has a flimsy spot to mount the wheel.

Fanatec Update:

The wheels are on the way! We have sent the wheels for the airshipment and the advanced UPS shipment. The UPS shipment will have to go to Germany first and from there to the customers. We can hopefully give you a tracking number after they arrived here in Germany.

We are also now shipping all accessoires for these orders like CSP or wheel Stands.

Sooon my precioussssss... soooooon. :D

The Wheel stand Fanatec offers is seriously a good value. Shipping for that thing is less than $20 also.......which is insane.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a Obutto along with the pure Porsche wheel and using my G25 pedals.

I was going to sell my 360, but I think I'm gonna keep it now. Forza 3 seems like it could be pretty good fun. I wish there was a PC version though.

If he's in the UK, most of the pre-order retailers sent them out early because of the postal strike over there, so all the UK guys get the game a few days early.

Yeah, Royal Mail being a bunch of cocks actually worked out well for a lot of people.

i finally got to play the demo, now i have to go get another 360 as mine rrod'd. can't wait till this comes out.

ahhh can't wait till tuesday so i can go pickup my Limited edition one ;)

im getting up @ 9 and waiting outside of the gamestop till it opens to get mine, lol...

Saw this pretty cool pic done with photomode:

theunknown.jpg

Would talk more about the game... though seems cruel given it's not out in the US yet. ;)

I've played it. The opponent AI is still extremely robotic, following that ideal line without deviation. They don't show any signs of aggression or react to what's happening around them. That disappointed me a lot. On the plus side, they tend to be easier to bump out of the way now, and hitting them isn't so devastating now...

Cars look fantastic...the terrain and tracks, not so much. The game does run at a constant and very smooth 60fps though. The menu system is very slick and attractive too, which helps since we'll no doubt be spending a heap of time in them sorting through cars, fine-tuning their settings and working out which upgrades to buy/scrap trying to get a car into specific classes while remaining competitive.

Not a whole lot has changed from Forza 2 other than a heap of new content (comes on two discs!), which should go down just fine for you Forza fans. I'll undoubtedly spend a hundred hours or two winning championships, mucking around with car settings and doing some quality achievement-whoring.

Prob gonna pick it up, Game has my car in it (1992 Camaro, Well it has a 1987 version) and well yea... :D

I've played it. The opponent AI is still extremely robotic, following that ideal line without deviation. They don't show any signs of aggression or react to what's happening around them.
Surprised you've found it that way. I've had some excellent races with the AI on hard and I find they'll happily find a way to beat you even if they're not on the ideal racing line. Plus it's a breath of fresh air vs the last two racing games I played (GRID and SHIFT) where the AI players are... wankers, for want of a better term. They don't care that you're next to or in front of them, they'll happily punt you off the track.

One place they really do suck though is off the start. They pretty much all go for the same line.

Finally beat Forza 2 today, got all the achievements now except the $1 mil earned online.

Put together a few fun cars this weekend. First few I need to get in F3 are:

Evo MR
Supra RZ
S15 Spec R
S13
R34

S13 for C class, Evo for B class, and R34/Supra/S15 for A class.

S15 is a perfectly balanced beast. I love it.

*edit* just took off tues/weds night and have thurs/friday off.. four full days of F3 incomming yay!

Last edited:
Going to get it. Gamestop called me alerting me of a midnight release tonight. That should be fun heh.

I will be going to the gamespot release tomorrow as well. I am older, 30, and supposed to be drinking with some buddies, but may have to leave early to pick this up. How embarrassing. But so much fun is going to happen!

Hi, i would like to give a bit of impression after playing this game:

Positives:
  • Good clean UI design
  • Loading times have improved from the demo
  • great selection of cars
  • slightly better track selection but still many are crap
  • Fantastic Gameplay physics
  • Great tuning, upgrades and paint job features
  • slightly better graphics on the enviornment

Now for the fun stuff
Negetives
  • Cars look the same as forza 2 IMO
  • No more online public lobbies.
  • Cant create a public lobby with certain settings on or off such has forcing everyone to not use ABS
  • P2P mp = lagfest with cars flying around the track? wtf?
  • Cant use ANY car thats in class F-B in public online races(Again wtf??)
  • 8 player grids is useless when doing a race on a large amount of laps set or on a 10+mile track
  • Cant load up your tuning options on public online games

I think that its for now. As you can see, Most are legitemant pro's and cons with some being my own person opinion such has the graphics side of things and the UI but when it comes down to actual facts that the online mode of this game WITHOUT mates is really pathetic to say the least.

No doubt i will be called a GT5 fanboy again but this time you cannot say i have not tried this game.

The gameplay and car selection is keeping me interested in this game but for how long?

edit: Yea i know here is another negetive thing about this game but i am posting this to warn you guys unless you dont mind your xbox live account being hacked http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3112305/ShowThread.aspx

Last edited:
I think the problems will be patched. The official Forza forum sounds like they will do what it takes to fix mistakes in this complicated game.

But with midnight release. M gamesopt not only left a voicemail. But also left a text message on my cell. So if you didn't get those, thats not a good sign. I specifically preordered at a gamestop that was close but not inside a mall.

Is every gamestop doing the midnight release? I hope my backwater little POS store does it ><

I'm not sure. My local store which just happens to be a little POS store as well " lol " just started doing midnight releases this year. What I do know is that you would of have to pre ordered the game from that specific store. They also must have your contact info stored into there system since the call is an automated one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf5-0X7n9b4 <--- That's what I got Just replace Tuesday Morning with Midnight =P.

I think the problems will be patched. The official Forza forum sounds like they will do what it takes to fix mistakes in this complicated game.

But with midnight release. M gamesopt not only left a voicemail. But also left a text message on my cell. So if you didn't get those, thats not a good sign. I specifically preordered at a gamestop that was close but not inside a mall.

complicated game? they have taken out features that was in fm2 and this game is using the same engine as fm2 as far as i can see

Now for the fun stuff
Negetives
  • Cant create a public lobby with certain settings on or off such has forcing everyone to not use ABS
  • 8 player grids is useless when doing a race on a large amount of laps set or on a 10+mile track

I think that its for now. As you can see, Most are legitemant pro's and cons with some being my own person opinion such has the graphics side of things and the UI but when it comes down to actual facts that the online mode of this game WITHOUT mates is really pathetic to say the least.

No doubt i will be called a GT5 fanboy again but this time you cannot say i have not tried this game.

The gameplay and car selection is keeping me interested in this game but for how long?

edit: Yea i know here is another negetive thing about this game but i am posting this to warn you guys unless you dont mind your xbox live account being hacked http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3112305/ShowThread.aspx

if even half of this list is correct i am getting a refund, havent picked it up yet cause im $20 short and broke

Hi, i would like to give a bit of impression after playing this game:

Positives:
  • Good clean UI design
  • Loading times have improved from the demo
  • great selection of cars
  • slightly better track selection but still many are crap
  • Fantastic Gameplay physics
  • Great tuning, upgrades and paint job features
  • slightly better graphics on the enviornment

Now for the fun stuff
Negetives

tbh, i like that there's no tunes available online, it kinda evens the playing field for racers who know how to race, rather than have a tune that makes their car fly around a track like it were on rails.

but im sure it'll get patched in soon...

It's early days regarding the online modes anyway. There's simply too many options to give you the stuff offered in private rooms publicly (you'd never be able to match what you search on) and the most popular game modes from private games are going to be put in via hoppers (like Halo 3) over time anyway.

Back