Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

3 (Benchmark, Drag Strip, Sidewinder) of the nearly 24 locations... is half? Not that Sidewinder should even be in that list as it's certainly not a triangle, square, straight etc shape track for messing around on. Are you even trying any more? It just seems like you're phoning it in.

As for why they'd include Benchmark HSR... have you ever seen a Ken Block vid? Should give you an idea.

The Benchmark High Speed Ring is best described as an old airfield and hangar converted into a race track and automotive playground, perfect for all manner of creative “Forza Motorsport” hoonage and multiplayer mayhem. The track is characterized by 3.96 miles of rough surfaces and huge open areas, featuring a massive oval, an 8-lane drag strip, and an airplane hangar that players can drive (or drift) through.

28wcxl.jpg

2djthtj.jpg

Last edited:
Wow the track selections are a bit shocking. half of them are either tracks designed by a 2 year old who scribbled on a blank piece of paper or ones where they just drew primitive shapes of tracks ie triangles, circles and rectangles!!

jesus

Here is a video of the tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGTlI131XI&feature=player_embedded

And only 24 actual tracks? http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driv...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51648422&pid=948030

Man i know i know you lot are going to call me a sony fanboy and mr negetivety again for saying this but be realistic, are you guys satisfied with 24 tracks and half of them being tracks designed in a triangle, circle and rectangle?

edit: here is the car list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwGurTJWx0&feature=player_embedded

thaha.gif

Is this the same guy as stereophile?

Last edited:
I liked the conclusion of that review. It nailed it to a T it seems. Though, I am sure Mr. Psycho, who OWNS the game right NOW, can confirm.

Wow the track selections are a bit shocking. half of them are either tracks designed by a 2 year old who scribbled on a blank piece of paper or ones where they just drew primitive shapes of tracks ie triangles, circles and rectangles!!

jesus

Here is a video of the tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGTlI131XI&feature=player_embedded

And only 24 actual tracks? http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driv...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51648422&pid=948030

Man i know i know you lot are going to call me a sony fanboy and mr negetivety again for saying this but be realistic, are you guys satisfied with 24 tracks and half of them being tracks designed in a triangle, circle and rectangle?

edit: here is the car list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwGurTJWx0&feature=player_embedded

um, thanks for the youtube link to the tracks, i think its awesome, all the great tracks from Forza 2 plus several huge very technical new tracks with lots of elevation changes.....actually i think you just helped sell many more people on the game....the thought that came to my mind was it took nearly 5 full minutes to display all the tracks at like 2 second intervals, even though some of those were reverse versions, most were not, there's a crap ton of tracks in the game at launch based on this and if DLC for Forza2 was any indicator there will be several more new circuits to appear later.....

Sweet... the fixed copy of my early copy arrived. Now I have access to Live and disc 2 stuff. :D

Away next weekend, but yeah, I'll be playing online a fair bit so I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities.

Away next weekend, but yeah, I'll be playing online a fair bit so I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities.

I've got a few mates who play this so feel free to join us whenever your ready. No assists allowed but can play on auto ;)

edit: wow if this is how a sony fanboy talks then im shocked :O LOL!!

hey Psychotext, does the full game have boost gauges or the drafting indicator like forza 2 had? I've been wondering ever since i got a chance to try the demo and couldn't find them.

Playing this alot until Nov 10...then my time is divided between it and MW2...

I am going to have no free time at all.

BTW, I never saw it but how did you get an early copy psycho?

hey Psychotext, does the full game have boost gauges or the drafting indicator like forza 2 had? I've been wondering ever since i got a chance to try the demo and couldn't find them.
I've heard that there's no drafting indicator, no idea about the boost gauges... where might I look for them?

@nobody_here: How might I compare the tuning options? Seems that there's everything from Forza 2 is there but it's been a long while since I played it. Anything in particular you're looking for?

@kabob: Was sent a copy directly by Turn 10. No idea why really.

Wow Destructoid gave it a 10 out of 10. I dont think I have seen them give out a 10.

Forza Motorsport 3 is the new king of racers. I can safely say that I've never played a better racing game. Scalable difficulty lets anyone play, making sure that everyone from novices to pros have a good time. Drop-dead gorgeous graphics will satisfy anyone's car lust. But it's that lovingly crafted and exceptionally realistic control that wins me over. Forza 2 was already great. They've just polished it to perfection to make 3. If Polyphony Digital really does have a better game coming with Gran Turismo 5, then I'm excited, as Forza 3 is the best racing game I've ever played.

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-review-forza-motorsport-3-151853.phtml

I've heard that there's no drafting indicator, no idea about the boost gauges... where might I look for them?

Damn, i really liked the drafting indicator. The boost gauge would show up automatically next to your tach in Forza 2 whenever the vehicle you were in had forced induction. I was hoping for a similar device in 3.

Not sure. Can check though. If you're using cockpit and the car has a boost gauge it shows (and works) there.

@kabob: Was sent a copy directly by Turn 10. No idea why really.

Umm, are you SURE it wasn't addressed to me and it accidentally went to you instead??

On another note...I hated to do it but due to finances I had to go cancel my Gamestop FM3 preorder.

Because I just got $26 in Amazon credit (traded in CoD:WaW) and they're offering a $10 gift card with FM3's purchase, financially it made sense :D! So I just placed a new Amazon pre-order with release day delivery. Saves me a trip to Gamestop and for me Amazon credit (even just video game credit) is about as good as cash.

@nobody_here: How might I compare the tuning options? Seems that there's everything from Forza 2 is there but it's been a long while since I played it. Anything in particular you're looking for?

well, for instance, in FM2 you could only adjust camber, caster, toe in/out and tire pressures, spring rates, damping, etc...... on a front to back basis, no left to right adjustments, you could not make changes to one corner of the car, only front or rear or both.....

i want the ability to raise tire pressure or adjust suspension settings on a per wheel or per corner basis, which would be a great expansion on what FM2 already had

can you give a full list of all the things tunable in FM3 so they can be compared to FM2?

here's an example of what was adjustable in FM2

http://competitionx.com/forza-motorsport-2-tuning.nxg

well, for instance, in FM2 you could only adjust camber, caster, toe in/out and tire pressures, spring rates, damping, etc...... on a front to back basis, no left to right adjustments, you could not make changes to one corner of the car, only front or rear or both.....

i want the ability to raise tire pressure or adjust suspension settings on a per wheel or per corner basis, which would be a great expansion on what FM2 already had

can you give a full list of all the things tunable in FM3 so they can be compared to FM2?

here's an example of what was adjustable in FM2

http://competitionx.com/forza-motorsport-2-tuning.nxg

I didn't know tuners (IRL) ran lopsided settings... is that only good for oval type tracks?

Bunch of new pics from the Benchmark High Speed Ring:

Bunch of new pics of the Benchmark High Speed Ring track.

bm3.jpg

bm4.jpg

BM5.jpg

f44f1t.jpg

2cxf7me.jpg

124yqls.jpg

Man, every time I see more screens I get more excited. This is going to be awesome.

I did read that we supposedly can put different wheels or tires on fronts vs. backs this time around.

:eek::eek: One of those wheels is mine!!

Do you have connections to Fanatec or something?
No, just saw the image posted on another forum. I doubt one of those wheels is mine though... I wasn't crazy enough to pay for the fast shipping (ignoring the cost of the actual shipping, it would have got me screwed by customs).

I didn't know tuners (IRL) ran lopsided settings... is that only good for oval type tracks?

ovals yes, but also on tracks that have more promounced right hand turns then left for instance, where more speed is picked up in being able to take the turns faster than is lost in the inevitable drag on the straightaways, yes, in real life racing cars many times do run asymetrical suspension and tire setups

ovals yes, but also on tracks that have more promounced right hand turns then left for instance, where more speed is picked up in being able to take the turns faster than is lost in the inevitable drag on the straightaways, yes, in real life racing cars many times do run asymetrical suspension and tire setups

Ah cool, I imagine that would be pretty useful on Mugello short if they added it, the whole track is mostly right (or left in reverse) turns.

So anyone else playing Forza 2 every day to warm up for this beast? I was fussing around with my C class S13/S14 and Rx7, got them down to 1:03:xx on Mugello short, can't seem to get anything faster than that.

Anyone wanna try to beat that? I was using c550 cars, I could probably get faster times in a c550 lotus, but my S13 is too much fun.

Build a c550 car, run Mugello short, post your time. Helps kill some time till Forza 3 :)

crappy cellphone pic of this morning's effort:

c550mugelloshort.jpg

Nice, I'll see what I can get to after the AI finishes this endurance race. Grinding cash to finish off germany/italy is not fun haha :(

*edit* got my time down to 1:02.943 in the S13, I think it has a little more in it though.

Last edited:
I've seen people draw these designs on justin.tv and it's really amazing. The tools they provide in Forza 3 for a person to be creative and unique is just insanity.

Anyone know if that track they offer on release has to be activated on day 1? I usually buy my games from Gamefly so I don't think I'll get that code 2-3 days later........

This wont really have any relevance to most in the thread, but...

CIMG8476.jpg

:D

That's a seriously secksy amount of Fanatec paraphernilia. :eek:

FM3 players, get one of those, treat your car like it's your own while driving it online and league it up.

Guaranteed awesome time.

FM3 looks absolutely amazing. I'll be playing it over at a buddy's house with an MS Wheel on release date... an with one of them Fanatecs in the spring, should GT5 get delayed any longer. lol

That's a seriously secksy amount of Fanatec paraphernilia. :eek:

FM3 players, get one of those, treat your car like it's your own while driving it online and league it up.

Guaranteed awesome time.

FM3 looks absolutely amazing. I'll be playing it over at a buddy's house with an MS Wheel on release date... an with one of them Fanatecs in the spring, should GT5 get delayed any longer. lol

I really want one, but the price of that + stand is kind of crazy.

The wheel is about 300 right? And you have to buy shifter/pedals seperately? I might be totally crazy, but thats what I saw when I went to Fanatec's site the other day. Stand is like 100 for a basic one or 300 for one with a seat...

Still christmas is coming up and I do need to buy myself something nice..

Is +- $500 about right for everything?

Back