Forza 3... Who's Getting It?

Couple of designs done by m0dus of NeoGAF (offscreen pics):

2afmqte.jpg

vy42zk.jpg

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=17944555&postcount=11359

i wonder how long it took him to do those designs. they are impressive indeed. god knows how good this guy is with photoshop. surely he must be a proffesional

I wasn't sure what you wrote there... was really confused until I realised that you had written it upside down.

So which one did you write, Psycho?

My guess is you're either a VIP or a reviewer to have gotten a copy so early :cool:

Hah... no, thankfully I don't have anything to do with the games industry these days other than being an interested observer. I guess that makes me a VIP. ;)

Anyone that was worried by the levels of grip in the demo (too much specifically), don't be.

I just got the Shelby GT500 '07 and made the mistake of trying to drive it like some of the lower powered cars I've been using in other events. I don't need to say much other than I got one of the drifting achievements.

:eek:

I suspect that those demo cars had been tuned...

Shelby 500? Yeah....that will be a BEAST to control and grip. Are you not able to upload vids yet?

I can, but the last one I tried to do ended up looking like crap (strange colours and lines everywhere). I haven't worked out my new camera properly yet.

Actually, I mean uploading the video in the game using the video upload feature. Or is it not enabled yet?

Can I ask what sort of times you were pushing with the GT3? Because getting sub one minute is anything but easy... and it absolutely will send you spinning off into a wall if you push too hard with it.

Haven't gotten to GT3 yet, with ferrari I got to low 1:11's with all assists off, that was in 2 lap race and I know I can shave off 2 more seconds with ease if I put more time into it, probably more if I had the wheel. I only played the demo for about 20 minutes in total, so I still have a lot of room for improvement. I didn't get a chance to try the hot lap either. Mind you I haven't touched a racing game in about 4 months. Hopefully I get to try all cars in the demo during the weekend so I can say more about the difficulty, but so far it seems easy.

Haven't gotten to GT3 yet, with ferrari I got to low 1:11's with all assists off, that was in 2 lap race and I know I can shave off 2 more seconds with ease if I put more time into it, probably more if I had the wheel. I only played the demo for about 20 minutes in total, so I still have a lot of room for improvement. I didn't get a chance to try the hot lap either. Mind you I haven't touched a racing game in about 4 months. Hopefully I get to try all cars in the demo during the weekend so I can say more about the difficulty, but so far it seems easy.

What is your Gamertag for the leaderboards?

As I said in an earlier post bazylik, I suspect some of those cars had been tuned for the track because I'm starting to get far more twitchy cars in the full game (without modifications anyway).

You really need to try the GT3 though.

What is your Gamertag for the leaderboards?

I think it's BazylikPL or Bazylik666. I don't know I don't have Gold so I stopped paying attention. I just know that one starts with B and one with V, lol... I'm 80% sure it's BazylikPL, though.

Psychotext, since you already have the game. Is the rev automated untill the last second at the countdown before the start of the race? It's really annoying in the demo, I can't get the revs where I want them in one second. Maybe there is an option somewhere to turn this off.

Yes, and no. There's already been quite a lot of complaints about that, specifically because of how it affects the drag racing.

Yes, and no. There's already been quite a lot of complaints about that, specifically because of how it affects the drag racing.

oooh, didn't think of drag racing... I can see it being a huge problem there, though... ouch...
It's not really game changing in lap races but it's still annoying to not have control over your car from the beginning of the race.

not being able to control revs during staging on a drag race completely kills the drag racing concept, as much as i think the clutch not being able to be variable kills the clutch feature.....in everyday driving i go full on/off with my clutch for the most part, but in spirited hard driving the clutch gets worked a lot as it allows you to control the power to the ground much easier, same with drag racing, a snap on/off clutch and no control of revs pretty much combines to make the experience much less enjoyable IMO

Clutch is variable... if you have the right steering wheel. Short of mapping to the right analogue stick there's not much else that could be done about it.

The 1 second rev control is messed up though. I can see that being patched.

Clutch is variable... if you have the right steering wheel. Short of mapping to the right analogue stick there's not much else that could be done about it.

The 1 second rev control is messed up though. I can see that being patched.

so you can "slip" the clutch to control power with any analog controller input right? i have been trying to confirm this...

Apparently you can with the Fanatec wheel. InsideSimRacing actually had some AWESOME things to say about the driving physics on this game.

the cars seem to have been specifically tuned in the demo....

Wow the track selections are a bit shocking. half of them are either tracks designed by a 2 year old who scribbled on a blank piece of paper or ones where they just drew primitive shapes of tracks ie triangles, circles and rectangles!!

jesus

Here is a video of the tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGTlI131XI&feature=player_embedded

And only 24 actual tracks? http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driv...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51648422&pid=948030

Man i know i know you lot are going to call me a sony fanboy and mr negetivety again for saying this but be realistic, are you guys satisfied with 24 tracks and half of them being tracks designed in a triangle, circle and rectangle?

edit: here is the car list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwGurTJWx0&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
You know those benchmark tracks are just for messing around on right? They're not supposed to be proper circuits.

(On a related note, I wondered to myself what negativity you'd found this time when I saw your name in the last posted by section. :D )

Also.. "only 24 tracks"? Look man, it's probably time to STFU until you've had a chance to play it. There's such a ludicrous variety of layouts (and very different layouts, not just the ones which have a few different turns) that there's no way you could accuse the game of being short of tracks. There's something like 115 different ribbons available on day one, without including the benchmark tracks. "Half of them" being triangles etc? What the hell is wrong with you?

To listen to you you'd think the game would be getting shit reviews everywhere rather than being called benchmark racer this gen so far.

Last edited:
i know they are. But i find it bizare to include them and it seems as though nearly half of the 24 locations are made out of these "messing" around tracks. Is it true that only Barcelona and Le Mans are the new real world tracks?

i guess they will toss in other real world tracks has DLC's

Back