Forwarding ports for multiple PC's on one router?

Bubbers214

Limp Gawd
I have to forward ports 6112-6119 for two computers on the network in order to play warcraft III online. But in the router configuration you can only specify one internal IP address per set of ports. Does it forward those ports for all machines connected to the router or is there any way to make this work? Thanks in advance.

which router are you using? with my linksys, i am able to forward a single port to multiple pcs.

huh? you want to forward those ports to both? Thats not really going to work, and will screw thigns up. forward 6112-6119 to one computer and 6122-6129 to the other.

What is the point of forwarding a port to two PCs? How would the packets know which PC to go to?

you just do it individually by assinging the ports to the ip of said pc. then you do it for the other one. not that hard, you can do it in about 15-20 minutes

which router are you using? with my linksys, i am able to forward a single port to multiple pcs.

Might wanna read the manual again, it's not possible to forward the same port or ports to more then one machine with a Linksys router. Now you can forward different ports to different machines...

HackofDestruct said:
you just do it individually by assinging the ports to the ip of said pc. then you do it for the other one. not that hard, you can do it in about 15-20 minutes
it won't let me it just errors and says i can't assign the same ports for two different IP's.

Yeah, it's a no-go unless you move up to an industrial NAT/Firewall/Router solution (and then only in certain cases). Do like the man said and forward about half to one and half to the other.

you could put one computer in the DMZ (thereby opening all ports) and then just forward the WC3 ports to the other.

not the best option as it opens up all the ports to the DMZed computer.

just forward port 6112 to one machine and 6113 to the other, ive done this on my own network many times and have always been able to create games that anyone can join just fine.

Dont forget to go in the options in warcraft and set the port for the 6113 computer.

Back