Forum Updates?

cyklondx

Limp Gawd
"
We will be updating the HardForum software this evening around 8PM CST. It will take a couple of hours to complete so expect to see some downtime.
"

Details? Anything users need to be aware off?

Regards.

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
The Like button now still says Like even after you click it. Kinda confusing. Can we get the text to change to "Unlike" after we click Like?

Nobu

2[H]4U
No, that is a load of BS. Our database is solid and unexposed. However, if you use a password manager in Chrome, that is all on you. Our passwords are heavily encrypted. That said, update your PW and then you know you are golden.
I use lastpass with a 50 character passphrase, and don't use their extension. I cried a bit when they obliterated their mobile site...

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I use lastpass with a 50 character passphrase, and don't use their extension. I cried a bit when they obliterated their mobile site...
We have ZERO reason to believe that any PWs have been revealed. If you can give us any details about the message, PLEASE share those with us.

Nobu

2[H]4U
We have ZERO reason to believe that any PWs have been revealed. If you can give us any details about the message, PLEASE share those with us.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. I don't believe my password was stolen, that was just a somewhat related anecdote.

For what it's worth, I haven't gotten the notification from chrome or via email, but I haven't subscribed to any of those services which would notify me either. I also haven't had any suspicious cc activity or anything like that, although someone from india tries to log into my google account occasionally. Guess I've been lucky.

auntjemima

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't usually complain, but the new look seems bloated. This is on mobile, I haven't tried the desktop site yet.

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
I don't usually complain, but the new look seems bloated. This is on mobile, I haven't tried the desktop site yet.
looks completely fine to me but i always had the mobile version selected.. but now can't find where the option is to turn it on or off. so maybe you had the full site selected before? either way i agree with darkhunter, mobile side didn't really change a whole lot.

auntjemima

Supreme [H]ardness
looks completely fine to me but i always had the mobile version selected.. but now can't find where the option is to turn it on or off. so maybe you had the full site selected before? either way i agree with darkhunter, mobile side didn't really change a whole lot.

Pretty sure it's always been the mobile site. Everything always fit in my screen and the look here is just weird.

Maybe I was in desktop mode, but it auto resized for screens. Interesting.

Mobile site is slightly worse, main complaint is double click to get to "new posts" link, also title section/headers are bloated in comparison to what we had before. No issues on desktop side, and on the positive, desktop forum feels faster at this time.

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
Mobile site is slightly worse, main complaint is double click to get to "new posts" link, also title section/headers are bloated in comparison to what we had before. No issues on desktop side, and on the positive, desktop forum feels faster at this time.
can you post a screen capture of what the mobile site looks like for you? because everything you listed is the complete opposite for me.

nvm found a picture that zarath posted.. i dunno mine looks similar but doesn't look bloated at all.. wonder if it's caused by chrome scaling due to screen resolution or something.. my phone uses 1920x1080 and everything looks normal.

Last edited:

Susquehannock

2[H]4U
Clicking around. Like it so far. Subtle changes like more varied font sizes and such are nice. Double click for 'new posts' will be a minor adjustment.

Looking at you on PC version with a 43" screen. Can see a buoy on the bay couple miles away but my old fart eyes don't do tiny cell screens well.

chockomonkey

[H]F Junkie
Man I don’t like. Especially on mobile this is crap.
From my experience on mobile it's much harder to share images now, like I have to download them before sharing whereas before I could just tap and hold. Doing this no longer brings up a context menu.