Fortress Forever

spintroniX

Gawd
I did not see a thread about this, so I thought I would start one.

fortress forever is a fortress mod based on team fortress classic, which released at around the same time as TF2. The game never really got the following it deserved, but has recently experienced a resurgence.

What distinguishes FF from TF2?

1) no freaking hats
2) grenades
3) bunny hopping
4) instant respawn

it's an all around superior game, and more true to the original (quake world team fortress).

if you enjoyed TFC, feel like TF2 lacks depth, or want to try something that isn't your typical run and gun shooter, please check it out!

I remember following this mod pretty much since it first was announced. It finally getting released was a big deal for me. That was over 7 years ago though. Are people still playing it?

a small number, yes. There is always one active server, with enough for a full game.

this is why I'm here... trying to drum up more numbers for a great mod :)

So has it recently experienced a resurgence or is there only a single active server? Those statements don't really line up.

going from no active servers to one constantly active server and a league in the works is somewhat of a resurgence.

I played it just before release and after release. Then TF2 came out and took me away until about 1.5 to 2 years ago when that became less fun :(

I tried FF again the other night but it kept crashing so I removed it. Was fun though, made me miss TFC hehe.

Last edited:
Back