Fortnite Developer Allegedly Made $3 Billion in 2018

That's an interesting observation on the hardcore aspect of BR, and I think your assessment is right on the money, about being a social thing. Again it's a timing thing. For similar reasons WoW was the gaming phenomenon that it was.

As far as it being geared towards kids, ya got me lol it's all in the art style. I felt the same way about tf2 and borderlands.

Lol at comparing videogame cosmetics to gpus. A+ post will read again for the lulz. If you can't understand why some folks might consider cosmetics a silly thing on which to spend money, then idk what to tell ya!

It doesn;t mater if it's cosmetics or gpu. Someone will think it is stupid that people spend their money they way they want to. It all comes down to if it doesn't concern you then mind your own business.

This place regularly spends $600, $800, or $1000+ on video cards to play games and wants to be uppity about people spending money on skins or dance moves for a completely free game. How is that a waste again?

Because you're buying something that has no resale or real world value. Here's a tip, learn to dance and go to your local hobby shop, finds some paints and paint yourself up like a game character, you'll save a couple of bucks and probably make a few people laugh.

One wonders if CliffyB is sad he "departed". Wonder what his stock options would have been like nowadays.

Ah who cares, dude is 100x richer than I will ever be anyway.

It seems like you have no clue as to what gaming is about now. I know back in your day you walked to school barefoot in the snow to school 13 miles up hill each way. Today is a lot different.

Nah, I just don't care about gaming as a service. But you can continue to support nonsense.

Nah, I just don't care about gaming as a service. But you can continue to support nonsense.

Yes, supporting people who buy what they want is nonsense. I mean you bought a 1070 why did you spend so much money when you could get by with a 970?

Because you're buying something that has no resale or real world value. Here's a tip, learn to dance and go to your local hobby shop, finds some paints and paint yourself up like a game character, you'll save a couple of bucks and probably make a few people laugh.
it's their money and it's their choice to spend it on what ever they want as long as it doesn't ruin the enjoyment of a game for everyone else playing it that don't want to buy that stuff..

Yes, supporting people who buy what they want is nonsense. I mean you bought a 1070 why did you spend so much money when you could get by with a 970?

Because a 1070 makes a more cosmetically please image, duh, *rolls eyes.*

Do you drink? Smoke/vape? All consumable that you don’t need and has no resale. Candy? Soda? Red Bull?

I could go on... you have something you spend money on that people would say the same thing. That you waste your money.

Do you drink? Smoke/vape? All consumable that you don’t need and has no resale. Candy? Soda? Red Bull?

I could go on... you have something you spend money on that people would say the same thing. That you waste your money.

Nope I don't do any of that. I live on rain water & harvested wheat.

Multiplayer games are a service... sorry you are still stuck in the doom on dwango days but those are over.

Just because you think those days are over, doesn't mean I have to buy into what's happening currently.
Gaming isn't on my to do list these days.

This PC is for light multimedia work, not Fortnite.
Let's see your rig. So I can tell you how money you wasted to play a game on PC that's just as good on consoles for much less.

This PC is for light multimedia work, not Fortnite.
Let's see your rig. So I can tell you how money you wasted to play a game on PC that's just as good on consoles for much less.

I'm not the one running off about what people spend their money on, or what they want to run on their equipment. What I said was a jab at the idiocy if your statement. Sorry you don't want to hear the truth.

Back