Fortnite: Battle Royal Shooting Test Now Live

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Epic Games has announced they are starting a limited time mode called "Shooting Test #1" in Fornite: Battle Royale. The game mode is for testing first shot-accuracy. Weapons will now have first-shot accuracy, indicated by a red glow on the reticle, and is applied when standing still, aiming, and aim spread is at peak accuracy. Some other balance changes are being tested, with adjustments to headshot critical damage, the introduction of damage falloff, and sniper rifle and SMG damage increases.

Always nice to see companies making what seems to be positive changes. I haven't gotten to try Fornite: Battle Royale yet, but with all the positive things I've heard, I may give it a shot tonight.

Our intent is to run multiple shooting tests, and we’ll be gathering data from many different sources (internal analytics, community sentiment, and various social platforms). Your participation is key! We want to be confident that what we have is better for the community, across all platforms and skill levels.

I was pretty meh on the way it looks (cartoon graphics), and I totally suck at the building aspect, but after 100+ hours of PUBG (not sure how i got that many hours in), I'm finding the skill handicap in Fortnite to be much lower, and generally, I'm finding it a nice refresh vs PUBG's more realistic grimy style. No noticeable cheating either yet.

No noticeable cheating either yet.
I've watched a few people stream it and while its usually hard to say for certain, I did see a few instances of pretty ovbious cheating. FNBG & PUBG both seem to be actively banning cheaters though which is good even if its kindof pointless with FNBG being free.
I don't do PvP so can't really say which is better. Tencent must be happy (they financed both games) with their success in what seems like a buy2play v microtransaction experiment.

I've watched a few people stream it and while its usually hard to say for certain, I did see a few instances of pretty ovbious cheating. FNBG & PUBG both seem to be actively banning cheaters though which is good even if its kindof pointless with FNBG being free.
I don't do PvP so can't really say which is better. Tencent must be happy (they financed both games) with their success in what seems like a buy2play v microtransaction experiment.

Epic Games has been pretty litigious with cheaters and cheat creators. Tencent owns a majority of Epic, hmm, strange that Fornite is not in China. You would think Tencent would be able to grease the wheels.

Epic Games has been pretty litigious with cheaters and cheat creators. Tencent owns a majority of Epic, hmm, strange that Fornite is not in China. You would think Tencent would be able to grease the wheels.

It might be something to do with loot boxes (llamas) being regulated in China. If people found out the true odds of some drops I bet they wouldn't buy as often.

aside from the cartoonish graphics, the gameplay is fun and devs are on top of cheaters. though cannot drive vehicles the alternate factor they added was to farm and build on the fly as you battle it out thru the game. this brings a new take on battle royale genres. i can't complain because it's free to play FN/BR :D

The mentioned changes sound like the kind of changes the UT dev team would make, now that they are on board helping out Fortnite due its suprising success I guess it's to be expected. I mean it's those kind of changes which strive for better battle mechanics / meta but yea still too casual for my liking. Hope UT development hasn't been thrown into garbage can tho.

The developers communicate changes and are very receptive to feedback. I've been recommending this to anyone who got sucked into the PUBG hype, and yes, the graphics are not for everyone but the building meta I believe more than makes up for it.

Some game-changing stuff:
- a potion that camouflages you as a bush
- a potion that slowly regains health/shield
- a grenade that makes your enemies dance and unable to attack (they can try to jump/run away while locked in the dancing animation)
- a mode where it was 50 vs 50 (instead of the standard BR)

I feel like with fortnite all this burst fire and first shot accuracy is stupid. I understand people who play realistic shooters like cs, cod, bf, pubg seem to think that so important but in a more cartoony game can we just have aim be the skill and not recoil control and exploitation. Especially when you have all the other fruit loopy things going on in fortnight.

Tell me what is the point of recoil besides realism? Its to slow down how fast people kill right, so why not just keep the aim good but low the cycle rate to what is balanced.

Back