Fortnite 2018-2019 Competitive Season Announced

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Last month we wrote about how Epic Games is providing $100,000,000 to fund prize pools for Fortnite competitions, and today we finally get more details. The money will be split between many events at different levels of play worldwide, culminating in the Fortnite World Cup in late 2019. Fortnite World Cup will be focused on solo and duos play, with all the rules and specifics coming soon. Thanks to cageymaru for the story.

This is for you, the players. Qualifications for the Fortnite World Cup will be based on merit. Epic will not be selling teams or franchises, and won’t allow third-party leagues to do so either.

That's a lot of money.... but given the crazy cost of skins and emotes I'm sure they're doing just fine...

Its good and cool to see them invest that money in the competitive arena (regardless of your thoughts on eSports) and not just keeping all that money they make each month to themselves.

Holy moly! I missed the original news and had to read that figure twice.

If they're giving away that much in prize money, Fortnite has to be one of the highest grossing games in history by this point. Few games have made $100M in sales over their entire lifetime, much less early in it.

Holy moly! I missed the original news and had to read that figure twice.

If they're giving away that much in prize money, Fortnite has to be one of the highest grossing games in history by this point. Few games have made $100M in sales over their entire lifetime, much less early in it.
I think you're forgetting about all the advertising to be sold.

Wasn't there an article on [H] in the last week or two about selling stadium seats where they were showing a gaming tournament on the big screens in the stadium? iirc they sold quite a few seats for it and the pics showed a pretty crowed stadium.

Well if you are good at Fortnite more power to you even though the game sucks.

Back