Fortinet FortiMail

calvinj

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody have the pleasure of working with these appliances? We are looking at other options to replace an over priced existing solution. FortiMail and Barracuda seem to be the front runners at the moment

Also, anybody have a comparison of FortiMail vs Barracuda they would like to share?

No experience with FortiMail here, but we recently went with Barracuda. 'cuda's worked well and the price was hard to beat.

No experience with FortiMail here, but we recently went with Barracuda. 'cuda's worked well and the price was hard to beat.

For us price between both solutions is pretty well a wash. Within a couple 100 dollars of each other for the initial investment and reoccouring investment.

The one thing that I'm stuck on the Barracuda is just so simple, but is it too simple for our needs. FortiMail can be customized to the hills, but is that too much customization convolute things

For us price between both solutions is pretty well a wash. Within a couple 100 dollars of each other for the initial investment and reoccouring investment.

The one thing that I'm stuck on the Barracuda is just so simple, but is it too simple for our needs. FortiMail can be customized to the hills, but is that too much customization convolute things

In what ways are you finding Barracuda too simple? While I have found some minor limitations with it, I've found it to be quite flexible.

In what ways are you finding Barracuda too simple? While I have found some minor limitations with it, I've found it to be quite flexible.

With our current Ironports and the Fortimail I can put multiple incoming and outgoing policies as appropriate. So stuff for Spam, Some other misc stuff. Just trying to keep it as similar as possible

Back