Forthcoming Fractal Design SFF chassis...!?!

Nice, I personally hope they have a sandwich style layout case to rival the Ncase, Dan Case, and Louque.

I just hope it will fit a mDTX motherboard, and does not come with a bundled PSU, as my Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX PSU is still running like a champ...

And if it is some sort of a sandwich design, I hope they include a Gen 4 compatible PCIe riser cable...!

NZXT hasn't done a good case since the S340 Elite. that thing was WAAAY too good to be on-purpose.

Loud SFX PSU? count me out.

The Core 500 is already the pinnacle of SFF gaming cases. It's $50, Includes drive bay mount, includes 140mmfan, and will take any standard ATX psu.

For those of you with unrealized dreams of DTX, you should pick up the Sliger SM560. It supports three slots, sandwich-style comes with a adapter for a bifurcated 2x PCIe 16x riser.

It's expensive, but picky people can now find their corner-case ::D

EDIT: look,s like they discontinued the Core 500! Maybe it's a replacement?

Loud SFX PSU? count me out.

The Core 500 is already the pinnacle of SFF gaming cases. It's $50, Includes drive bay mount, includes 140mmfan, and will take any standard ATX psu.

For those of you with unrealized dreams of DTX, you should pick up the Sliger SM560. It supports three slots, sandwich-style comes with a adapter for a bifurcated 2x PCIe 16x riser.

It's expensive, but picky people can now find their corner-case ::D

EDIT: look,s like they discontinued the Core 500! Maybe it's a replacement?

Wow, you must be living in the past, or have just been exposed to cheap SFX PSUs, because my Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX PSU hardly ever spins up the fan, and when it does it is whisper quiet...

Regarding sandwich-style chassis & mDTX mobos, virtually all of the sandwich chassis are ITX, and do not have the extra clearance for the 210mm long mDTX mobo, including the entire Sliger SM-series of chassis. With a 'traditional' mobo to GPU connection, the GPU extends down covering the longer mobo PCB, so for a sandwich-style chassis the mDTX mobo has to be taken into consideration & designed around that extra length...

I'm sorry, I'd rather pay 90 bucks for a gold quiet psu. Case + PSU is under $200.

Paying $450 for case + PSU is a rich man's pleasure. $90 Gold PSUs have the exact same reliability lifetime and warranty as (8-12 years) as your $180 platinunm.

I'm sorry, I'd rather pay 90 bucks for a gold quiet psu. Case + PSU is under $200.

Paying $450 for case + PSU is a rich man's pleasure. $90 Gold PSUs have the exact same reliability lifetime and warranty as (8-12 years) as your $180 platinum.

Wild, the mystery Fractal chassis has not even been announced yet, we know nothing beyond a teaser clip of the corner of something, but you already have the price set at $270 ($450 minus a $180 PSU)...?!?

Regarding my choice of PSU, I wanted 750W of power, so the Corsair SF750 was the only option...

I'm over here wondering what the actual use case for 750w in an ITX chassis is...

600w is significant overkill for one CPU socket and one GPU. And if you can actually pull 600w through an ITX PSU into an ITX system, would you actually want to be physically in the same room with it?

Wild, the mystery Fractal chassis has not even been announced yet, we know nothing beyond a teaser clip of the corner of something, but you already have the price set at $270 ($450 minus a $180 PSU)...?!?

Regarding my choice of PSU, I wanted 750W of power, so the Corsair SF750 was the only option...

No, I was referencing the plethora of overpriced $200+ designer butterfly cases that are out there already. Like the Sliger SM560 I specifically mentioned.

They are the only reason why you suddenly feel the need to own an $180 mini PSU.

We have no fucking clue what the design will be for this case, but since it's Fractal Design we're talkng about, it will probably be under $100.

ERA ITX by Fractal Design.png

Screenshot_2020-03-14 Fractal Design Era ITX Tempered Glass gold.png

Screenshot_2020-03-14 Fractal Design Era ITX Tempered Glass gold(1).png

1e4f698f-s.jpg

c68f3c2a-s.jpg

From the Twitter teaser, it looks like the colors will be White, grey, Blue, & Gold...

I want to get that Blue & slap an old Silicon Graphics logo / text on it...!

I have seen a reference to a price of 160 Euros, so about US$180; if true, I hope those panels are aluminum...!

Last edited:
Yeah for the price I would like to see aluminum, least it is under 17l.

Not a bad design. Looks like a huge step up in cooling over the core 500. The ditching of the front drive bay is how they got it down to 17l

A little expensive for what it brings to the table.

This... makes me want to build one. Just to build one.

I don't need another computer ...

Looks alright - reminds me of the Xbox 360 S redesign (just really obese).

I picked up a Ncase M1, itching to make the transition from ATX to ITX for my next build.

Well, if you have an ITX or mDTX build, just move it over & if you decide you like it then sell your old chassis...?
That's an option, but honestly, I want to keep the current chassis :)

[the Cryorig Taku]

^^^ Looks like cooling is the biggest issue (much like every smallish mITX chassis). The wood covers just about kill any breathability for aesthetics.

If I bought one of these it would probably be the blue one with the mesh top. 240mm AIO on CPU and be done with it.

Josh over at NFC had good results with setting his AIO fans to intake...

Looks cool, If it would have been around at the beginning of the year I would have given it a shot, as is I have a Nano S.

I like Fractal, simple designs that should age well.

The airflow limitations are... concerning. And very consistent.
It's a problem. And could very well make this a flop.

Wonder how it would perform with a Hybrid style 120mm aio GPU, rad on top and another 120mm for the CPU next to it?
Not sure it would all fit tho.

Bummer, it looks excellent.

It's a problem. And could very well make this a flop.

Wonder how it would perform with a Hybrid style 120mm aio GPU, rad on top and another 120mm for the CPU next to it?
Not sure it would all fit tho.

Bummer, it looks excellent.
Honestly if the case can't do 240mm for the CPU and then 120mm for the GPU, I'm not really interested. This should be possible in this class of ITX enclosures, and should be something that manufacturers are providing a provision for.

[Note: it does look like it's possible, with the mesh top at least; the wood top is simply poorly designed for airflow even with the modest components installed in that video]

Reactions: Auer
like this
Aesthetically it looks fantastic. I doubt I'll ditch my NCASE any time soon, but if I wanted to change I'd seriously consider this one.

Looks cool, If it would have been around at the beginning of the year I would have given it a shot, as is I have a Nano S.

I like Fractal, simple designs that should age well.
I have a Fractal Nano S as well for an AMD Ryzen 2700/Vega FE, using CentOS. It was bigger than I though but works very good none the less. It is very quiet and since being in the bedroom that is a very good thing.

I have six R4 cases from fractal design. I loved one so much. I bough five more to have as spares. The r4 was nice thick metal and super quiet. I don’t think they make them as heavy duty anymore. But I’ll always have love for this company.

Back