FormulaBoinc 2017, Threats/Opportunities

Well only teams in our league will benefit from it and even then its catered to our team so they'd still have to do some extra work to compare themselves to other teams. Such as over take days.

Moved to a new menu section on hard-dc but kept the sub domain so no need to change bookmarks

Skillz let me know if the color scheme change works for you (others too); the contrast might need a general push ...

Could the inactive projects be moved to a section on the bottom of the page? Just a suggestion. They aren't too annoying at the top, but feels like a waste of space having them when people can't crunch for them.

I had a similar thought first, but then kept them to have the same alphabetical order as FB itself. The amount of data is reduced (e.g. remove gain and dates).

Let me try to include the activity indicator into sorting and put them at the end ; the we can see how it feels like (I worry about projects like BURP which became inactive during the recording and depend on the time range one watch it might be partially active and then bouncing up and down the table ; but I will give it a shot)

Based on the last 3 days average output, these projects are under threat and we may lost 21 points in total if we do nothing in the next 2 weeks or so.
During that period we may gain Leiden (+3 pts) and PrimeGrid (+7 pts), if we keep to our course.

upload_2017-9-29_6-42-53.png

upload_2017-9-29_6-43-15.png

upload_2017-9-29_6-43-43.png

I'm only seeing YoYo in the red but see 4 projects in the yellow. Which 3 are you looking at?

This is also a good time to decide the strategy for the rest of the year. Half of November and most of December CPU's will most likely be focused on WCG for the Birthday challenge and the X-mas challenge. So, depending on how those turn out we may not have much CPU D or O. GPU projects we should probably focus on Moo! IMO unless someone has a large source of double precision cards sitting idle for Milkyway. Thoughts everyone?

Website up again. I was looking at CSG, NFS and Yoyo.

If you first click "last day" and then "last 3 days", it will show up as red. Maybe a bug?

upload_2017-9-29_7-50-54.png

NFS is heavy on RAM (FYI for those considering strategy). CSG is a point whoring project right now, has badges, and typically runs well when there is work. YoYo runs solid most of the time, is an older project, has badges, and typically only gets H love during challenges. I'm planning on running most of the badge projects with my borgs on auto pilot anyways so these will get a few work units from those. WCG will certainly get a large bulk of my time for the challenges. I'm also still testing other projects to include in the DC-Vault so am divided quite a bit right now. Mostly (for CPU's) in non-FB projects.

I will also point out that ClimatePrediction may be a lost cause at this point. Since they don't export points consistently, who knows if a push at that project would even matter in time.

ChristianVirtual Wanless Mersenne +2 is showing the wrong data. We have over 2.2M points not 1.9M points.

Was looking at the old site not the new one. Oops. All is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the caching and sequence of data reading for the dashboard is fixed now (same way also for the RSS feed).

Let me know you browser experience; as I can on only "suggest" to the browser what to do; they decide themselves. for the techies: I added "?"+timestamp behind the URLs I dynamically load to suggest I need a different/newer file compared to what is potentially in the cache.

I usually go full in during the challenges but I don't have the hardware Skillz does. I've actually been cutting back and we are in the process of buying a new home. So, my production might go down for a few weeks as service and hardware migrate.

I'm doing some defending right now. I've already crunched some Sztaki, Yoyo and dDM with Numberfields next on the list.

The CPU plan after that is back to WCG.

Unless there are other thoughts Gilthanis suggestion of Moo! is fine with me apres PrimeGrid buffering. I think Einstein is the only other credible alternative.

You guys know what kind of GPU hardware you can bring. Both projects are fine with me. I just figured Moo! being less popular might be an easier project to tackle.

that and I have already linked my account there with RC5-72, so my contributions at Moo! count towards pushing our standings at RC5 in the DC-Vault.

are we trying to get WCG back
My two rigs were doing mostly LHF projects in Jul and Aug, so in Sep, I'm focusing mostly on WCG after we passed GC in total credits.

It will be tough to gain back the top spot but I'm trying since this is one of our pet projects.

ChristianVirtual , Did you take the FB dashboard off of the home page? I see the page is still up, but had to dig the link out of the threads to find it rather than linked from the hard-dc site. Also, do you still have a page showing the what if we were in League 1 or League 2 page up somewhere?

We have actually quite a colorful "situation" ...

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 20.50.16.png

I'm right now activated dDM again to fill the gaps from HSTB and to push us a bit further
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 20.52.00.png

but also good news
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 20.51.12.png

Yeah, Moo! is my primary GPU contribution right now. I see Phoenicis is killing it. So, unless the sprints get in the way of GPU crunching we should have this one pretty easy.
Climate Prediction would be a gamble. The work units a terribly long and there is no guarantee that they will consistently run the credit scripts. I have no intentions in supporting that project any more so that will be up to everyone else. WCG will be a primary focus here soon, so I am trying to wrap up my testing at other DC-Vault inclusion hopefuls before then.

Oh..and yes the dashboard is showing now.
Did you still have that page for comparing where we would be if we were in League 1 or 2?

compared to the other we are looking GREAT

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 21.47.48.png
under "What if" ... there is still the 25-point issue included (my list overstate due to suspension of the project). I tried to remove it but the data model was not smart enough and the queries. But still we are kind of #1 ...

I see the drop down now. I was looking off of the home page and obviously wasn't seeing it there. However, I don't think this is really a "what if". It looks like what is. It is just showing the highest over all accumulated points and which league they are in. I was meaning the page where it would show where we would stand if we were in League 1 or in League 2 with the same output. Didn't we have one of those for a short time?

I was meaning the page where it would show where we would stand if we were in League 1 or in League 2 with the same output. Didn't we have one of those for a short time?
Actually you are right, it didn't made the transition to the new format. I thin you mean this:

http://fbradar.christianvirtual.online/whatif.html

It's late here today and I'm on my way to dreamland, but as tomorrow is a rainy day i will bring that back.

ChristianVirtual , that is just based on Marathon only right? If so, can you make one that also includes sprint data? I think that would help for showing our over all standing as well. I know that may be a tougher request but think it would be better long term.

4am: Woke up ....
I think I don't have historical sprint data ...
turn one more over to meet Mr. Sandman ...

Last edited:
Back