Formula One Championship Edition (56k no?)

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
Not too many screen shot threads on this forum so I thought I might post some.

Screens:
formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080324949.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080326042.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080330120.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080323089.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080331136.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080333120.jpg

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080327964.jpg

more here:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748480/imgs_1.html

Video (nov 16th videos):
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748480/vids_1.html

If you get a chance, download the demo off the PS Store, it's pretty fun.

The demo of this game is amazing. As an avid F1 fan, i felt totally immersed in the drivers view with the sounds of the cars, announcer, everything. Graphics are amazing. I personally cant wait for this game.

Damage Model is insane also. Tires bouncing down the tracks carbon fiber breaking up everywhere.

4saken said:
The demo of this game is amazing. As an avid F1 fan, i felt totally immersed in the drivers view with the sounds of the cars, announcer, everything. Graphics are amazing. I personally cant wait for this game.

Damage Model is insane also. Tires bouncing down the tracks carbon fiber breaking up everywhere.

Damage ? I didn't see any in the demo ? Do I need to turn it on or something ?

U HAX0R said:
Damage ? I didn't see any in the demo ? Do I need to turn it on or something ?
Yeah theres a setting to turn on damage, and rain too (which looks great).

Godamnit I hate Sony.

Here's hoping that this F1 game is their first multiplatform title for the PC!

After I saw this thread, I decided to download the demo.

Wow this is the first thing on the PS3 that has made me go wow. I don't like F1 really (more of a nascar fan) but this thing looked great with rain and damage turned on. I hit a car and my front nose thingy flew over my head...and the rain particles coming off the other cars wheels...it looked great. Now I am happy with my PS3 and can't wait for these kind of games to come out. :D

I may get flamed for this but is it coming out on the 360 as well??

Blauman said:
I may get flamed for this but is it coming out on the 360 as well??

Not as long as Sony has the license. It won't be coming out for anything that isn't labeled Sony at least...

quadnad said:
Not as long as Sony has the license. It won't be coming out for anything that isn't labeled Sony at least...

So they do own the license.
Damn fascists. no wonder I have not seen a good F1 game in like 5 years.

EA made an F1 game in 2001? Last F1 game i ever saw.
oh well.

LeviathanZERO said:
EA made an F1 game in 2001? Last F1 game i ever saw.
oh well.

mhmm...it's a bit long in the tooth at this point. I love GTR2, rFactor, and GT Legends, but what I would give to have a proper F1 licensed game for the PC....

F1 2002 (and 99-02 Challenge) for the PC wasn't too bad. There have been a couple F1 and WRC games on the PS2 (licensed), but they have all been released in Europe which meant it was in PAL format (pretty much made it impossible to import and play without a PAL TV. Lets admit it, F1 is most popular in Europe, and obviously the PS2 had a lot more clout there. Since America lacks F1 fans, I don't know if an F1 game for the 360 would be a good idea since the vast majority of the 360 owners are US-based.

I just played the demo and the graphics aren't that good. The cars don't seem to have any reflection on them and the draw distance and scenery don't really look that good. I think most of those screens are from a replay mode where the graphics are probably enhanced. However its just a demo and it was pretty fun. Driving was pretty easy with the aids on.

JohnleMVP said:
I just played the demo and the graphics aren't that good. The cars don't seem to have any reflection on them and the draw distance and scenery don't really look that good. I think most of those screens are from a replay mode where the graphics are probably enhanced. However its just a demo and it was pretty fun. Driving was pretty easy with the aids on.

What TV are you playing it on?

On my westy 37'' 1080p I see all that...and more.

I'm using a computer monitor (21" WS native 1680x1050res) with HDMI -> DVI cables. The game runs at 1280x720 (720p).

AeonF1 said:
F1 2002 (and 99-02 Challenge) for the PC wasn't too bad. There have been a couple F1 and WRC games on the PS2 (licensed), but they have all been released in Europe which meant it was in PAL format (pretty much made it impossible to import and play without a PAL TV. Lets admit it, F1 is most popular in Europe, and obviously the PS2 had a lot more clout there. Since America lacks F1 fans, I don't know if an F1 game for the 360 would be a good idea since the vast majority of the 360 owners are US-based.

I'm not saying that those EA titles were bad, it's just that they were released eons ago.

I don't want an F1 game for a console, I want one for the PC!

quadnad said:
I'm not saying that those EA titles were bad, it's just that they were released eons ago.

I don't want an F1 game for a console, I want one for the PC!

Yes, I wish we could get a F1 game for the PC.

I also wish we could get a decent NASCAR game for the PC. I would be in love. Oval tracks for the win.

The rain looks amazing I haven't seen anything like that so far.

:( wish I had and HDTV

Anyone notice that with default settings the game automatically brakes for you? :p I was wondering why I was doing so well.

Yeah, F1 brakes are just something else. Whenever a new driver straps into an F1 car , it isn't the acceleration or cornering that they rave about, its the brakes! Its also the most challenging aspect of driving the car too. Theres nothing like having a braking battle into a corner to overtake, especially the insane entry speeds, touchy brakes, and simple guts.

Anyone notice that with default settings the game automatically brakes for you? :p I was wondering why I was doing so well.

It's not auto braking. On the default settings in the demo the gearbox automatically selects the proper gear for each turn which results in "auto-braking". The default settings for this game are rediculously easy, even a poor driver should go in there and turn a few of them off in order to get a more rewarding experience where there is actually a little bit of skill required.

So its out, anybody picked it up yet? Impressions? I'm getting mine after work today.

So its out, anybody picked it up yet? Impressions? I'm getting mine after work today.

Getting mine after work today also. Seriously cant wait to spend a LOT of time with this game.

Reviews so far seem to be saying its a great racer for the racing purists and F1 enthusiasts. So im hopeful, i mean if its even a bit better than the demo i will be more than happy. Great way to keep me occupied these last 2 1/2 wks until the real F1 season starts :)

Its hopeless. Massa+Raikkonen+Ferrari set to dominate. 1+2 in Bahrain testing last week.

bah, testing numbers rarely represent real performance. Not that I doubt Ferrari will have a solid team, but we'll have to see how things pan out in the next few weeks. I'm still hopeful damnit!

bah, testing numbers rarely represent real performance. Not that I doubt Ferrari will have a solid team, but we'll have to see how things pan out in the next few weeks. I'm still hopeful damnit!

Should be an interesting year w/o a dominant driver anymore. I dont think Alonso can dominate with Mclarens tendency to spontaneously lose car parts mid race. And the obvious lack of M.Schumacher.

Looking forward to it.

With Ferraris reliabilty though, I am kind of wondering if Kimi will finally end up being the dominant racer he should be.

I dont think Alonso can dominate with Mclarens tendency to spontaneously lose car parts mid race.

hah, true. It's funny how teams almost create a persona; like it's expected that Button will qualify decently and then when the race starts he steadily loses places.

There is no doubt that Alonso is one of the fastest drivers F1 has seen, but I guess we'll see if that could translate into the car setup in Mclaren.

This isn't good...

Man, its got to be your display device, because My HDTV it looks amazing.

With damaged turned on, it makes the game a tad bit more challenging... which is good :)

Graphics are awsome, draw distance is great, motion blur makes the game feel real (things scrolling past you on the sides or if you cut/turn really fast) rain/mist look sweet... and this is just the demo, can't wait to get full version.

I played this thing, and damn it's arcadey :p

for F1 on the PC right now, there is NO substitute, CTDP 2005 on rFactor is the best.. (2006 is coming out soon)

CTDP on r-factor is still king http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iiwI1At2gk :)

A few bits from the IGN review on this PS3 game:

In this fashion, the game does make itself fairly accessible, at least to anyone who's into technical racing, like Gran Turismo fans.

Loved how they called GT "technical" It's tons of fun, but it has nothing "technical" to it, it's tooooooo damn arcadey, I guess this implies such a thing for this F1 game. :)

PS: this part kicks ass, as I own one, until you get to the final few words: [Charlton Heston]Damn you all to Hell[/Charlton Heston]

Formula One Championship Edition features support for a number of Logitech racing wheels, like the Driving Force Pro and its premiere G25 racing wheel. The game works very nicely with these wheels, letting you dial-in your lines more accurately than with an analog stick, though Force Feedback support isn't present, unfortunately.

With that said, the rain, and some of the sun effects look great, but the physics feel meh..

cheers :D

I played this thing, and damn it's arcadey :p

for F1 on the PC right now, there is NO substitute, CTDP 2005 on rFactor is the best.. (2006 is coming out soon)

CTDP on r-factor is still king http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iiwI1At2gk :)

A few bits from the IGN review on this PS3 game:

Loved how they called GT "technical" It's tons of fun, but it has nothing "technical" to it, it's tooooooo damn arcadey, I guess this implies such a thing for this F1 game. :)

PS: this part kicks ass, as I own one, until you get to the final few words: [Charlton Heston]Damn you all to Hell[/Charlton Heston]

With that said, the rain, and some of the sun effects look great, but the physics feel meh..

cheers :D

There are options to make it not feel so arcade like.... Where you have more control over your F1 car... and more possiabilities to slide off the road.... kinda like the damage control.

Back