Formula Boinc 2018 Strategy

I think the plan is for the team to stay on Collatz until a good 2nd place lead is in place. Then we're all going to switch to Moo! Wrapper since it's the closest to gaining positions and atp1916 is going to take the wheel on Enigma to break up a little cat fight going on there.

Correct.

As of today, we are inside 3 days of taking 2nd place on Collatz. Folks should break off too Moo! then. I'll stay for another day (giving a ~200m pt lead) on Collatz to put us up a bit since 2nd place is producing ~30m worth.

After that buffer day, i'll break off to Enigma where i recall doing 40m+ with 2 down rigs. I feel i should be upwards of 50m PPD. From today's numbers, i see ~200m distance between us and first place so i feel we take 1st over in about a week or so.

At that point, I am going to probably hit up PrimeGrid.

Hmm, it's is cool enough to start up the 4 core cpu - 4 * 290x box..., Any project recommendations?

and also for the 660 and 690 on the other workstation? (24 cpus are crunching wcg at the moment)

Hmm, it's is cool enough to start up the 4 core cpu - 4 * 290x box..., Any project recommendations?

and also for the 660 and 690 on the other workstation? (24 cpus are crunching wcg at the moment)

The next sprint should be announced in a few hours, so check back shortly....

Correct.

As of today, we are inside 3 days of taking 2nd place on Collatz. Folks should break off too Moo! then. I'll stay for another day (giving a ~200m pt lead) on Collatz to put us up a bit since 2nd place is producing ~30m worth.

After that buffer day, i'll break off to Enigma where i recall doing 40m+ with 2 down rigs. I feel i should be upwards of 50m PPD. From today's numbers, i see ~200m distance between us and first place so i feel we take 1st over in about a week or so.

At that point, I am going to probably hit up PrimeGrid.

Dude, I am in sheer awe at your GPU computing capability. That is some serious dedication, my friend. So glad you are on our team!!!!

Crap. I got a bunch of Ralph work today, which is a rarity. I will need to churn through this before hitting LatinSquares hard. Sorry.

Nevermind. I suspended all the Ralph work and am 100% on Latin Squares. All of the Ralph work has a deadline of 10/1, so will need to jump back on it ASAP if we take a commanding lead in the sprint.

You know there is project called Latin squares and another one called odlk right?

Got it now. Ugh. I am an idiot. Of course, the sprint has drained all their work already... :banghead:

Awesome. Ive got 4400 tasks I'm trying to report but it won't. Can't get new tasks till it reports.

Website is barely responsive. Getting 504 Gateway Timeouts. They can't handle this load.

That's what she said.

Thank god ODLK was selected. We have a good shot at finishing the year with the highest overall FB points, same as last year.

Overall FB standing: GridCoin - 1074pts vs [H]ard|OCP - 1069pts.

Yes! We should be able to close off those remaining 5 points when atp1916 wrecks havoc on the remainder of the GPU projects for us.

We could also cover a lot of ground on them if Acoustics@home is selected before the end of the year as well since GC doesn't participate in that project either.

1252 pts which we achieved last year still hold the most point record in FB. Understand that in future the number of marathons or sprints may change, but a record is a record. There are 5 more sprints to go (125 points at best). That will bring us to 1194 points. 58 points deficit to beat the record. Hmm, need to do the math but it appears almost impossible unless.....

TennesseeTony messaged me this for those planning strategies:

Don't worry too much in the coming days about our low Einstein Sprint score, I do believe Stefan/xiiku is planning a little tiny bunker drop in the last hours with his fleet of 1080Ti's. And with typical German precision.

That's good news. Without the Einstein IP address I'm going to have to let go of my bunkers early to allow the release of expiring Universe tasks stuck in the same boinc instance.

Back