"Forgive me [H] for I have sinned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Well. not really. Sorta.

I turned the farm off for a night... Had company :)

Nope. not yet, not of this one :)

of course. everything was innocent. but. its a step in the right direction...

damnit. im getting PWND again

It was that Ft. Wayne girl wasn't it?? Those mid-westerners and their wiley charms.....

We shouldn't have to tell you this, but any female addition to a [H]orde member must be able to accept any and all noises related to, and brought on by folding. Said noises include and are not limited to: Heatsink fans, case fans, hard drives, CD-roms, and in the rare and unfortunate circumstance, the sound of parts dying.

Don't quote me on that, but I think it might be part of the charter. ;)

I think the first one to add to the above list is hard drives getting a catastrophic fail. I think my favorite one was a drive arm on a DeathStar that got MASSIVELY jacked somehow. Plugged that sucker in, and all of a sudden me and my friend rigging the system up hear this "clang clang WHRRRRRZZZT!" and then a high-pitched whining. That sucker actually dented the case out a wee bit, and when we popped it open (out of warranty, sat on a shelf in our CompSci department for like a year and a half for some reason) the platters were annhihilated, and the drive arm was bent. It was quite awesome, unfortunately, no pics.

My soon-to-be fiancee likes the hum of the dually in my bedroom... She has to have some form of white noise to sleep...

The last time I came home to silence, she was the first to say "The boxen are off... I don't hear them"....

BTW, I think it is in the charter that you must provide pics and detailed explanations of WHY you had to turn your boxen off.... whether it be due to an annual cleaning, wire management, special guest, or massive hardware failure...

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Like I am going to tell you :p

I wouldnt want to ruin your dreams or whatever... :rolleyes:

Sure.... stop MANY boxen from purring so that you have the shot to get a DIFFERENT box purring for the night.... I see how it is.....

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one....

Have you learned NOTHING from Star Trek?????

Although now that I think about it.... EVERYBODY was gettin' it on in Star Trek. :eek:

OSUguy98 said:
My soon-to-be fiancee likes the hum of the dually in my bedroom... She has to have some form of white noise to sleep...

The last time I came home to silence, she was the first to say "The boxen are off... I don't hear them"....

BTW, I think it is in the charter that you must provide pics and detailed explanations of WHY you had to turn your boxen off.... whether it be due to an annual cleaning, wire management, special guest, or massive hardware failure...

Any chance she might have a sister?

Ft. Wayne girl, huh. I may know her folks, gone to school with 'em, had an interlude with the Female parental unit.

Voluntarily shutting down the rigs is just plain sick. I've lost 2 rigs recently, due to MMF (Massive Mechanical Failure), but just turning off the life support, unthinkable. Use the force Luke, and Borg anything she's got at the earliest convenience ;) .

KodiakStar said:
star trek? huh?

and when it comes down to it, well. girls > boxen ;)
You are just trying to impress her right now.... soon you'll be folding, farting, burping... all right in front of her. :)

chileman said:
Thanks to K*'s fun the gap is back 660K. Thanks :eek:
Hmmmm...... I think we should let it slide this time.... especially if he got some.
;)

eh they were all on 600's anyways, would have only completed a couple frames over night :)

KodiakStar said:
eh they were all on 600's anyways, would have only completed a couple frames over night :)

Blasphemy!!! We should strap you to the Flog-O-Whasit so you can be flogged while we're flogging the roos!

Everyone calm down now... if we keep yelling at him he'll probably lock the thread. :p

KodiakStar said:
Well. not really. Sorta.

I turned the farm off for a night... Had company :)

You know the rule - if you have to turn off a farm for company, take the company elsewhere. Your company must have had their own home....and possibly their own computers.... ;)

well. crawl space.

computer needs upgrading..

and she is making ends meet. soo. oh well.

it started off as just liking her as a friend, but she is persistant, taking more of my time, and hanging around more.. so i am getting kinda used to it :)

Crosshairs said:
Anytime my wife says that, I go out drinkin with the guys :)

Most of the time, it just means the power flickered... which, can only happen on two of the PCs now..... I need to pick up another couple UPSs...

KodiakStar said:
well. crawl space.

computer needs upgrading..

and she is making ends meet. soo. oh well.

it started off as just liking her as a friend, but she is persistant, taking more of my time, and hanging around more.. so i am getting kinda used to it :)

She's been hanging around, and doesn't understand just how important folding is to us? I mean, she must've known the grief that you'd get from us...unless that was part of the plot all along.... :eek:

Well, not around the apartment so much.

Mostly just going to dinner... i forgot what its like to have no money for myself.

now i remeber ;)

No money for self = no money for boxen.... You're learning the ways of the dark side, you must resist the dark *cough* forces... the dark side can be very *cough* seductive......... awe screw it......... come on over and join the rest of us poor folders that spend all our money on family or their girlfriend (some do both)......

well.. today does mark the 1 month to the day that i was going to get married day...

and since i have been single. lots of money has gone to boxen.

Eh its for the best. Shortly after we broke up she managed to find another "man" :rolleyes:

and i have found several....new... comptuers... err. boxen. errr. ;)

Sometimes "bad" things are actually for the better...

Too "bad" something "bad" can't happen to a certain coworker of mine... it'd make things MUCH better for the rest of us :D (okay okay okay, I'm evil... wouldn't really wish that on anyone... but frustration gets the best of everyone)

it started off as just liking her as a friend, but she is persistant, taking more of my time, and hanging around more.. so i am getting kinda used to it

That's how it starts, I think she works for OCAU.... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back