Ford Mustang Mach E Leak: Mustang goes Electric

Ford is a mess right now. Everyone wants to bash new comer Rivian for production hell but Seriously ford is still having a night mare time producing these. Check out mach e forums and people almost waiting a year for the car. Chip shortages aren’t even that bad anymore. Their is no system of people getting cars in order it’s all hit and miss.

My GT has been in production for 2 months now lmao. Now it’s delayed to April. On top it’s still 2021. There are so many pissed off people and dealers want nothing but for you to cancel so they can add markup and sell it on lot lol.

I think according to their earning they delivered like 2300 MACH-E last month. I am not sure how these guys plan on pumping 200k+ EVs 2022 and 600k by 2023 lmao.

Last edited:
Ford is a mess right now. Everyone wants to bash new comer Rivian for production hell but Seriously ford is still having a night mare time producing these. Check out mach e forums and people almost waiting a year for the car. Chip shortages aren’t even that bad anymore. Their is no system of people getting cars in order it’s all hit and miss.
They all seem to be a mess right now. After the CyberTruck reveal in 2019 silly me thought we'd have one in our driveway by now but doubt we'll be able to buy one before 2025. Same goes for any affordable BEV truck or BEV off-road SUV that is actually available on the dealer lot that isn't marked up.

Awesome drive for 7 years get a 25,000 price tag to repair it. Yet the new fuel from Porche hydrogen based net zero and can use it in our normal cars.

Awesome drive for 7 years get a 25,000 price tag to repair it. Yet the new fuel from Porche hydrogen based net zero and can use it in our normal cars.
That's assuming battery tech doesn't change in those 7 years or economies of scale take over and drastically drop the price of battery packs. Also where is the 7 years coming from? AFAIK Tesla has 8 year 100k miles. Not sure about Ford.

That's a pretty big presumption of how much you'd pay to get the battery replaced. And again... costs will not remain static, and the transition to EVs is happening whether you like it or not. Porsche's fuel is great, but it won't even start testing until this year and still amounts to a finite resource that will have to be shipped and stored.

I never quite get these posts. Like the industry is supposed to say "you know what? You're right. We'll undo this whole 'EV' thing and make combustion engine cars for all eternity because you're not sure about them. Thanks for sharing your concern." The industry will shift to EVs... it's fine to acknowledge the serious challenges ahead, but don't act like there's going to be a sudden about-face.

That's assuming battery tech doesn't change in those 7 years or economies of scale take over and drastically drop the price of battery packs. Also where is the 7 years coming from? AFAIK Tesla has 8 year 100k miles. Not sure about Ford.

Ford has similar warranty and they don’t even allow access to full battery. They have 10% in reserve. I think they are doing it smart way they can unlock more as time goes on as battery depreciates. Plus on DC fast chargers they all we up to max 90% now it used to be 80%. Since that is long trip thing and not everyday. But most people form what I read leave the default 80% charge at home for daily compute to maximize battery life but you can unlock it for more. But not really needed since it still ends up being 200+ miles with 80% on extended range cars. So I’ll just be keeping that.

I know of 4 people that have had Tesla battery packs replaced most expensive one was $100. And that was a a total on the service that upgraded his P85d to a P100d (there even swapped the badging), and a few other minor items.

I know of 4 people that have had Tesla battery packs replaced most expensive one was $100. And that was a a total on the service that upgraded his P85d to a P100d (there even swapped the badging), and a few other minor items.
That seems crazy cheap. Are you sure you got that number correct? Or maybe there was some other context for why it was so cheap? Replaced complete old battery pack with reduced capacity for a brand new one? or something else?

Yeah, 3 were under warranty, and the P85 battery was declared defective my Tesla and covered. But the trade in value it pretty high, nobody is ever going to be paying the often quoted $25k unless they are just buying a new one with no trade in.

The batteries are warrantied for 8 years, if I'm not mistaken.
Yep, 8 years or 100,000 miles. Whichever comes first.

Since I average 12,000 miles per year, I should be good for 8 years with my Mach e.

The batteries are warrantied for 8 years, if I'm not mistaken.
8 years or 100k miles where many ICEs are for the powertrain. The main worry people have is that EV power trains are newer, so there's much less history to make it reasonably confident that the powertrain will last beyond that point. It's not guaranteed with ICE's either, but things like Ford's self-destructing diesel v8s from the early 2000's are known to be the exception rather than the norm. Also because they're so much newer junkyard part swaps are much less available and thus in higher demand (price) meaning that shade-tree mechanics don't have a cheapish way to replace a blown battery pack the way they can get replacement ICE engines/transmissions.

The only cure for that is time.

Ture, but Tesloops's annual breakdown of their LA fleet does show dome very encouraging trends. No Transmission (simple planetary gearbox), No ICE (valvetrain/timing), about 75 fewer parts in the driveline mean that it's fairly common to get hundreds of thousands of miles with nothing but tires and wiper fluid.

I can't find any really great breakdowns this morning, but here is a high milage example at Motorbiscuit.

Back