Ford Mustang Mach E Leak: Mustang goes Electric

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
This is how SUV and EV oriented the future of cars is. The historic Mustang sports car name is slapped on a 4 door Electric SUV:

A leak of all the specs, images a couple of days early:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ial-page-w-pricing-models-specs-video-etc.49/

xjSfq6q.png

I wonder if it's successful enough, Chevy will release a Camaro SUV EV (iROC edition).

As for my opinion on this SUV, it looks fine - albeit fairly generic. Besides the pony and the taillight design, I'd have a hard time picking it out of a group of SUVs.

anchor-1.jpg

God lord it's not a pretty looking thing.

Have to start somewhere when you are 6 years behind tesla though!

Isn't this the thing we saw leaks of a few months ago? It's ugly, their best selling car the focus as an electric would have been better, but they discontinued their best selling car. Ford is a company being run into the ground.

Cheapest starting price was about $44,000. For something that looks like all the other sedans. But with a Pony on the nose. Sad thing is even the ICE SUVs are transforming into the used soap sedan shape. Getting to the point where you have two options. Used soap shaped sedan or sedan replacement PU.

Absolutely.

I’m just addicted to that gasoline smell.

:hungover:

I just don't see a competent fuel replacement any time soon. We might as well start figuring out how to efficiently synthesize it from CO2. Assuming what I've read is correct in that we can do that.

Best short term solution to green energy I can see is solar panels on individual homes/businesses to supplement grid power and the have nuclear with gas peakers. But I'm just and uneducated drooling tard according to the greenies. Or just gas powered plants but gas is eventually gonna go back up in price.. whenever that is.

Duke Power is amazing on how they destroy the environment with their coal plants. Then get away with small fines and pretend to clean up. Got the state government owned. Moar campaign donations please.

Not many power plants are located inside city centers. Besides it is much easier to control and filter emissions if it is localized to a power plant as opposed to a million individual "smokestacks" .

The grid average already makes EVs cleaner than gas powered cars and the grid is constantly improving as more renewable capacity is being added while coal is being deprecated.

So Old EVs actually get better over time as that grid improves. While gas powered cars will often degrade over time and become more polluting.

Isn't this the thing we saw leaks of a few months ago? It's ugly, their best selling car the focus as an electric would have been better, but they discontinued their best selling car. Ford is a company being run into the ground.

Just like every other American car company except maybe Tesla. Obama isn't around to bail them out again and I doubt Trump would (yes I know Ford didn't need the bailout like GM).

Just like every other American car company except maybe Tesla. Obama isn't around to bail them out again and I doubt Trump would (yes I know Ford didn't need the bailout like GM).

The awesomeness of a service economy that actually builds nothing.

The awesomeness of a service economy that actually builds nothing.

I think it's just a bigger symptom of American corporations seeking short term profit vs long term vision. Compare this to companies like Hyundai/Kia and you can see a big difference.

I think it's just a bigger symptom of American corporations seeking short term profit vs long term vision. Compare this to companies like Hyundai/Kia and you can see a big difference.

you only have to look as far as China where American companies hand over technology secrets to have access to Chinese markets.

Yeah. Pretty dumb and shortsighted.

The grid average already makes EVs cleaner than gas powered cars and the grid is constantly improving as more renewable capacity is being added while coal is being deprecated.

So Old EVs actually get better over time as that grid improves. While gas powered cars will often degrade over time and become more polluting.

Until you factor in the carbon emissions from mining the lithium, etc. for the batteries and the disposal of said batteries after their useful lifecycle. If people actually cared for the environment they would drive PZEVs until battery technology improves.

When u look at how the electricity is produced and the obscene amounts of battery waste product at an electric vehicle end of life.. these vehicles are just as or even more dirty than conventions ones.

Last edited:
Until you factor in the carbon emissions from mining the lithium, etc. for the batteries and the disposal of said batteries after their useful lifecycle. If people actually cared for the environment they would drive PZEVs until battery technology improves.

That analysis has been done several times, and the full lifecycle favors EVs as well.

That analysis has been done several times, and the full lifecycle favors EVs as well.

I haven't looked at those studies yet so since you have, were they done by a completely neutral source? There's a lot of special interest pushing for EV that has nothing to do with the environment.

I haven't looked at those studies yet so since you have, were they done by a completely neutral source? There's a lot of special interest pushing for EV that has nothing to do with the environment.

I saw meta analysis of about 10 studies, that outlined what was said in the 10 studies. I didn't track down the credentials on them.

I realize that there is a significant element here that believes scientists are in some kind of conspiracy to pretend that CO2 is a GHG, for nebulous reasons, thus scientist can't be trusted. :rolleyes:

But I am not interested in debating that kind of nonsense.

WTW EVs are cleaner running.

They incur a manufacturing penalty, but that penalty is overcome after a few years (differs based on exact model, location, etc..).

Duke Power is amazing on how they destroy the environment with their coal plants.

Interestingly enough, 24 hours after the major Midwest blackout of 2003, particulate matter In the lower atmosphere in that area had delicned by something like 90%. That's how fast the stuff settles out of the air.

It's fugly but doesn't matter. I fucking hate regular cars. They are loud and smell horrible. Also, most are needlessly big and heavy. Fuck cars

I saw meta analysis of about 10 studies, that outlined what was said in the 10 studies. I didn't track down the credentials on them.

I realize that there is a significant element here that believes scientists are in some kind of conspiracy to pretend that CO2 is a GHG, for nebulous reasons, thus scientist can't be trusted. :rolleyes:

But I am not interested in debating that kind of nonsense.

WTW EVs are cleaner running.

They incur a manufacturing penalty, but that penalty is overcome after a few years (differs based on exact model, location, etc..).

I'm not some climate science denier, it's clear global warming is a factor however I also don't think the hard push for EV is benign either.

They should have revived the Falcon brand instead of trying to leach "cool factor" from the Mustang brand. all this does is annoy the sports car people and confuse everyone else. and for fucks sake, hire a decent designer, the front end on that thing is pitiful.

Next car I buy will definitely be EV, or some new green tech, but I don't drive so much anymore so not ready to buy anytime soon.

Still think the Tesla SUV looks better than this, it's not really a Mustang, but at least they are trying something.

Back