Forcing AMD RX460 fan's to be on all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I've gone in and set the fan profile and base temp range and the fan's kick on for a few minutes then turn off again. I had to remove the Enzotech heatsinks off my 950 PRO since MSI were great in their m.2 slot placement directly under the first pcie slot. So for clearance reasons I had to remove my heatsinks that kept my 950 under 48C under load. Now it's getting up to 63C under load because it has no cooling. My intentions were to use the gpu fans to keep it cooler but for the life of me can't get them to stay on.

Using Wattman I have the fan set on min 1260 and target 2100 and temp is max 65 target of 40 yet the current temp is 50. I would think with the target temp of 40 and considering it's at 50 right now the fans would be on trying to keep it on the target temp.

If I turn fan back to auto save then back to manual and save the fans kick on to 1700ish rpm.

Just scrolled the max temp down to 45 so it's under the 50 it is currently at no fans on and I got a warning that my GPU has exceeded it's threshold temp. LOL Yes AMD made some great drivers. No fan speed and it's over temp.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
seems lots have had issues with wattman fan control. have you tried using something like speedfan or even afterburner?

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back