ForceWare 76.44 is out

everything is fine with them for me, except for the sound popping...yeah yeah, ill stick with the 71.84 even though they are slower but doesn't have the annoying sound popping

No sound popping for me, and they helped me break 6k in 3dmark05, so they're a winner for me :D

Hey, what's this sound popping you're talking about? When listening to music or not I get this sound popping too, but both in 71.84 and these 76.44 newer ones. I also had the problem with an ati x850 xt pe agp. Are you sure this is a video card related problem? (I'm using an audigy2 zs soundcard btw)

the sound popping i get is not in music, they are in games..you will just hear a pop every few minutes..and it is a videocard problem....witht eh 71.XX drivers i get none, but with any 76.XX or even 75.XX i get pops..but when i use my onboard sound, i dont get pops..So i dont know!!
I use my sound blaster audigy 2 zs BTW

kalpha said:
Hey, what's this sound popping you're talking about? When listening to music or not I get this sound popping too, but both in 71.84 and these 76.44 newer ones. I also had the problem with an ati x850 xt pe agp. Are you sure this is a video card related problem? (I'm using an audigy2 zs soundcard btw)

kalpha - I think it's the Audigy 2 card too, I have the same card and get the same popping noise with both my 6800 Ultra or my Ati X800XT, if I take the Audigy out and use the onboard Realtek sound on the mobo the popping goes away. I use the audigy because I get better sound quality on most games versus the realtek sound chip on my mobo.

:) :cool: :D

Did these alter anyone's temps? I got a health 8-12 degree increase (depending on ambient temps) with the new WHQL drivers, and would love to see them drop down.

Back