Forced Windows 8.1 update screwed up my Start Menu Tile background colors

Emton

n00b
I had my start menu tiles looking just fine with a nice pretty gray background color. Microsoft forced this 8.1 update on me and now my Start Menu looks like a leprechaun on psychedelics vandalized my Start Menu with these hideous icon background colors. I've been searching for hours on how to change it haven't haven't been able to find a straight answer. What can I do about this it makes me angry and increases my blood pressure every time I click on the Start Menu now which is quite frequently.

I mean seriously I don't see how there wasn't a public uprising that stormed the Microsoft offices one week after this was implemented and hasn't 8.1 been out for like a year now? If I knew for sure that 8.1 wouldn't be forced on me again I would wipe the whole system clean and go back to 8 it's really that bad...

can't figure out what you are saying. post a screenshot, although it just sounds like you need a new video card driver.

No no it was the 8.1 update it changed the tile background colors on the start menu to be similar in color to the icons. Before the 8.1 update the tile background colors were the same and it looked a lot better and was way easier to read and find programs, now the colors are all crazy ass random and it looks like crap and microcrap is retards because there is no option to change it. Well right now I'm installing windows 7 for something else so I might not even be using Windows 8. It's too bad because I liked most of windows 8 interface better than 7 but 8.1 screwed it all up the fools...

Back