for those who uses Microsoft NVMe hotfix to make Win 7 native to see NVMe, does it work on all popular brands?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
for those who uses this patch for your win 7 to make your OS native to see NVMe drive, does it work on all popular brand?

Windows6.1-KB2990941-v3-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB3087873-v2-x64.msu

for those who uses this patch for your win 7 to make your OS native to see NVMe drive, does it work on all popular brand?

Windows6.1-KB2990941-v3-x64.msu
Windows6.1-KB3087873-v2-x64.msu
It worked for my adata and silicon power nvm drives so yeah I think it should. I always installed to a regular sata drive, applied the fix then cloned over.

But you could use an Intel 760p that has win 7 driver, then install the above hotfix, then your Adata NVMe, that way, you don't need to clone over

I created a slipstreamed iso of win 7 with nvme and usb3 support built in. Never had any problems with Intel, samsung, or adata drives.

that's good to know. Thank you. I'm leaning on Crucial, but if your NVMe works on Adata, I am quite confident that Crucial should work too

I need some help: just install the Cruical P5 NVMe drive, win 7 is not seeing it. I already installed the above 2 KB files.

then as win 7 boot up, it says Installing new software, (driver), and then my PC locks up. then after a re-boot, everythign works normal, but not showing the new drive

Supposedly, if I go to disk management, I should see an unformat drive. but it's not showing it. I also check the BIOS,I'm using ASUS, there doesn't seem to have any option on the BIOS that requires me to do anything on it

I'm using Silverstone Dual M.2 to PCI-E x4 adapter card as to where the NVMe drive is installed

can anyone offers any suggestions?

Update: FIXED the above. I simply move the new NVMe to a new PC that c/w m.2 slot, and win 7 sees it right away.

But the question remains, if I were to add another NVMe, and now that I no longer have any m.2 slot left on my motherboard, can I add another NVMe on the silverstone adapter and expect Win 7 to see it?

Last edited:
Back